Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 11:01:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starcraft 2 Beta Key  (Read 6158 times)
JoCu Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 05:56:34 am »

The only really interesting thing about Starcraft 2 is the Map editor really; rest of the game can take a back seat.
I agree. I can't wait to get my hands on the editor. The new one will allow you to change the UI and even make an FPS. That's going to be a lot of fun.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 07:29:26 am »

meh i suck at it, need to learn all the tech trees and such, i have no idea what makes what and tend to get rolled even when i think im doing well, so far its blob blob blob from everyone :/.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 08:21:26 am »

www.teamliquid.net

Use for strategies and metagame in SC2. It's probably the best English SC/SC2 site out there at the moment. The population at large is fairly diverse..ranging from newbs to professional/semi-professional SC players. Still fairly high skill level overall, though.

It's probably the best place to ask questions and review...everything, though there is quite a bit of elitism (and the attendant trolling) for obvious reasons.

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/-starcraft_2-Section.html

Obvious. Not nearly as big, comprehensive, or dedicated as Teamliquid, but the user base is much friendlier to non-SC players due to the heavy CnC/RA/CoH fanbase at GameReplays. They aren't as likely to troll CoH/RA/CnC-viewpoint posts...probably easier to work with.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:26:10 am by acker » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 08:25:52 am »

meh i suck at it, need to learn all the tech trees and such, i have no idea what makes what and tend to get rolled even when i think im doing well, so far its blob blob blob from everyone :/.

starcraft is all about blob,  bigger blob you have you win , in sc1 popcap was ulimited i think , idk what is it in sc2

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 08:29:13 am »

starcraft is all about blob,  bigger blob you have you win , in sc1 popcap was ulimited i think , idk what is it in sc2

I don't think you've ever played Starcraft.
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 09:10:29 am »

its the same as sc 1, 200.

stumpster Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 01:25:10 pm »

SC1 and SC2 both have 200 popcap limit, more importantly, some of the supply costs have been increased since SC1 (specifically, Terran mech like the Siege Tank and the Goliath becoming the Thor...sorta).  I think the reason the game feels like blobbing is due to:

1. The beta has been out for a very short amount of time, building the most general unit possible and just attack-moving is the limit for a lot of people in that time.

2. Mass unit selection.  Again, people just haven't made the transition from SC1 yet where the control limit was a dozen units.

3. Macro focused game.  With the new macro doodads (chronoboost, extra larva, MULE/reactors) it's a whole lot easier to just build a big army than worry about controlling a small one.

Step out of the way. He'll keep going until he hits a wall, that being Akranadas. Let him go unmolested, his journey will take less time.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 03:25:23 pm »

I've had mine for a while. Don't see me making an ego++ thread about it.

Starcraft has always been largely about Macro, at least since a few years ago when big "macro players" came onto the scene in the Korean proleague. It was realized that no matter how pro leet sauce your micro is, it's unlikely that you will be able to defend yourself from a deluge of units ten times your current population, then when you do lose your one or two bases, you lose the game, while the guy with 8 bases losing one shrugs and goes "meh".

Starcraft is at its heart a very different kind of game than Company of Heroes, and Starcraft 2 is a LOT faster than either of them. Though, it should be noted, the "single unit type blob" doesn't work very well.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 03:35:23 pm »

I'm loving my SC2B access. Games plays well. It does go alot faster then SC1 thats because instead of size reducing damage unit categories now receive bonus damage.

Everyone has this Attack move blob feeling about it but thats because they don't analyze it. SC1 released predominantly micro focused. Doing more with less, and transitioned in macro focused. Doing more with... more. Now people are in that macro mentality and they haven't done much more then that. It will take players a while to perform both micro and macro effectively.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc