Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 04:25:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Always more axis  (Read 37597 times)
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 09:00:05 am »

weird, last few nights i have been on its been alot more allied players lol.

i dont think anyone side is op or easier to play, it comes down to how you play, and the units you use..  i find it easier when i play axis, just must be my play style i guess.. allies i just fail alot, but its ok.. lol.

TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 09:45:23 am »

Im not sure what spam is: is it 3 T17s in an army, or 4, or 5?  How many P4s does it take to spam?

In any case, I dont think amor doc has a chance of beating Axis armor without the combo of T17 stun, sticky, and M10s/ATGs/M18s/Shermans.  In this sense T17 are a necessity, much like P4s for Wher.  So, unlike Puma spam which is purely optional T17 spam seems a part of armor doc mechanics and there's no avoiding it.  And, because armor doc was fist US doc released there's a lot of it at the moment, should even out over time.

TBH right now i see just as much stormtrooper and STUG spam as T17s.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 10:01:10 am »

This^^^

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
DeutscherStahl Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 10:05:21 am »

In any case, I dont think amor doc has a chance of beating Axis armor without the combo of T17 stun, sticky, and M10s/ATGs/M18s/Shermans.  In this sense T17 are a necessity, much like P4s for Wher.  So, unlike Puma spam which is purely optional T17 spam seems a part of armor doc mechanics and there's no avoiding it.

I run an armour doc with 0 T17s, and I have about a 2:1 w/l. I don't think they're necessary.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 10:35:58 am »

They arnt necessary at all. I ran M8 spam last war which was the shit, but what most people dont understand is that US's strategy for combating armor really hindges on being able to disable enemy tanks because axis tanks are generally better and more numerous than allied tanks.

I could choose any wehr doctrine and 5 P4s will fit in pefrectly. You will never see a 5 sherman army outside of armor doctrine.

Now what happens when 3 werh armies do this. You have 15 P4s, and then stickies, stun and numerous AT guns become manditory.

This is the way allies deal with armor, it's part of the design and i dont think most people understand that, which is why we see all the T17 op threads.

Edit- oh and IMO, everyones idea of what "spam" consists of is inhearantly different and changes on a whim when they have a bad game. Ex. Player A accuses Player B of spamming T17s when in reality, Player B has just been using 2 T17s all game and they havent died, thus confusing player A into thinking he's dealing with more T17s than there actually are.

Because of this, I would say that building your company to avoid spam is redundant and you shouldnt worry bout it. Just make your co. in any way that you see fit regardless of what someone else considers as spam.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:39:48 am by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Mchucky Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 10:58:27 am »

The thing is stun isn't the only thing T17s have they decimate inf and have too much hp for a lvehicle if you ask me, but the thread is going off topic...
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 11:50:35 am »

T17/Staghound spam is easy to beat - people just have to realize that when a big trend comes along, you will have to alter your gameplay to counter it.

My PE company at the moment is decimating light vehicle spam from the allies. When one side's chance at victory depends heavily on one type of unit, countering that one unit will shut down that strategy. And then the other side will have to change their company to counter yours, and the beauty of this mod will go on and on.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 12:24:29 pm »

can u tell us what do you do to counter them?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 12:31:19 pm »

Wind spams tellermines <3

Personally, I start with a PzIV and a shrek squad. Problem solved.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 12:32:08 pm »

T17/Staghound spam is easy to beat - people just have to realize that when a big trend comes along, you will have to alter your gameplay to counter it.

My PE company at the moment is decimating light vehicle spam from the allies. When one side's chance at victory depends heavily on one type of unit, countering that one unit will shut down that strategy. And then the other side will have to change their company to counter yours, and the beauty of this mod will go on and on.

-Wind

That is probably true, but most people that have troubles countering it are Wehrmacht, not PE, because PE really does have an easier time killing them.

Mchucky Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 12:32:58 pm »

Wind spams tellermines <3

Personally, I start with a PzIV and a shrek squad. Problem solved.

I do the same with my blitz company and it seems to be working good.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 12:33:17 pm »

On the subject as to why there's more axis... it's pretty simple
Axis are and will always be a more attractive faction, especially the Wehrmacht has a lot more unit diversity, cooler units and is overall "easier" to play because of its reliable support weapons.
kitekaze Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 12:34:13 pm »

I play Axis because of CoH OMG campaign, really touch and meaningful.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 12:34:31 pm »

Americans have medium tank superority now in tank on tank wars. They are overall a lot stronger against wehr with their superior VD's, their exellent upgun etc etc.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 12:35:32 pm »

That must be why I've been getting 30+ kills on my panzer IVs on a regular basis Smokaz.
(With an average of 1 - 2 vehicle or tank kills)

For every doctrine ability that buffs allied medium tanks there's surely one that does the same to axis tanks.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 12:36:04 pm »

Read-post-please - the upgun beats the p4 handily, much more handily than it did before the 1 s thing was removed
Wolster Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 12:38:13 pm »

You do have to hand it to these hard pressed allied players tho.

I mean they actually have to park their T17 in front of a 57mm, & wait for the vastly superior Axis vehicle to nudge forward an inch (we Axis players like to call this manuver an attack, as its far more enjoyable than fighting out of our spawns, our defense mode of operations these days).

Then they have to press this button called Stun, followed rapidly by this other button called AP rounds (I actually think it is out of order that an allied player is forced to press two buttons to kill an Axis tank it requires far to much skill to be demanded of the average player - I firmly believe that these 2 buttons should be hard wired together somehow to save precious time - maybe we could call this button - Easy EiR Setting).
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 12:40:08 pm »

the upgun beats the p4 handily, much more handily than it did before the 1 s thing was removed
This is still pretty much a toss up, I run upgunned shermans all time on my armoured account so I do think I have enough experience in this matter :p  (Unless you start factoring in doctrine abilities, in which case like I said axis have their fair share to give them the edge as well)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:42:40 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 12:42:51 pm »

the upgun beats the p4 handily, much more handily than it did before the 1 s thing was removed
This is still pretty much a toss up, I run upgunned shermans all time on my armoured account so I do think I have enough experience to  (Unless you start factoring in doctrine abilities, in which case like I said axis have their fair share to give them the edge as well)

Sherman bounces more shots than P4.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 12:44:30 pm »

Americans have medium tank superority now in tank on tank wars. They are overall a lot stronger against wehr with their superior VD's, their exellent upgun etc etc.

This diagnosis is fundamentally incorrect.

Axis tanks have been, and remain superior (and rightly so) performing far more cost-effectively for their price. The best indicator of this is the phenomenal performance panthers are currently outputting in the current metagame. Tank for tank, the allies continue to be (accurately) inferior.

Instead, it is the combination of numbers, mobillity, and handheld AT that allows the allies to compensate for their shortcomings in the tank-on-tank department. This is especially evident when the recent replays are reviewed, which serves to further reinforce what should already be obvious.

Further reinforcing this far more accurate observation is the fact  that axis tanks are dominating their army's unit leaderboards whereas the american leaderboard is vastly overwhelmed with rangers and pershings (which are heavy rather than medium tanks). On the wehr side we see an overwhelming presence of p4s, tigers, and panthers which shows that they are surviving longer and earning their cost over and over again in contrast to  their allied counterparts. By themselves, these leaderboards are not evidence enough to prove anything. But they do help reinforce trends that are already apparent..

-Wind

Ps. As a side note, Unknown is correct that sherman upgun vs P4 remains a toss up at this time.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:50:41 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc