Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:48:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] How to suck less at CW?  (Read 9516 times)
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 01:37:33 am »

The whole point of Croms is using them to batter inf with spalsh, shure stag can do that but it does die esily if there is enought at support slap a crom with flank speed and just watch and get a cup of te.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 01:46:32 am »

LT's are not useless, LT's are great and really make brens nasty, plus they also affect Weapon  teams (hmg, mortar, mortar pit, at guns, and your allies stuff i tink, will have to test this) and then if u have a captain, use foo then back it up and keep it in the territory with your units, it provides defensive buffs for ou and your allies.

Bren MMG - so underrated, has real good suppression and can be really nasty vs infantry in red/open cover.

Sturats - good flanking unit, nice speed, good penetration, real good rof, good damage but not great at any one thing but can save you from getting run over and at 280/50 you can put out a lot of them.

cct + ff, always, never have a ff w/o a cct, its just retarded...

also, tactics vary depending on faction, so it'd be nice to know if you're Engineers, Commando or Artillery. enginner or commandoes, i can't go into the special units much as i can't play with either one, but artillery i'm awesome with and had a lot of my strats copied last time around. I may stay with brits now, i seem to play my best with them tbh.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
slyguy7447 Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 02:21:14 am »

Thanks for the tips everyone, much appreciated, particularly Grinning, Unkn0wn and Demon767, will be trying most of the options presented here. 

On the cromwell subject, I tried them once and it was enough to convince me not to touch them again, granted i didn't use flank speed but if the crom is only good vs light vehicles and inf then why not take a stag?

Tymathee, stated in my second post i play Royal Engineers, by bren MMG do you mean the setup HMG team?  Also haven't tried stuarts since the patch, heard that their RoF had been upped so may be worth a go.
MonthlyMayhem Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 02:32:24 am »

Reason why people take the Cromwell (or why I prefer the cromwell -> stag don't get me wrong stags are great) its just that cromwells have a lot more HP over the stag, and its main gun is great against infantry. I enjoy the cromwell but thats just me.

aka Maysauze/MrGamenWatch
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 02:34:12 am »

Thanks for the tips everyone, much appreciated, particularly Grinning, Unkn0wn and Demon767, will be trying most of the options presented here.  

On the cromwell subject, I tried them once and it was enough to convince me not to touch them again, granted i didn't use flank speed but if the crom is only good vs light vehicles and inf then why not take a stag?

Tymathee, stated in my second post i play Royal Engineers, by bren MMG do you mean the setup HMG team?  Also haven't tried stuarts since the patch, heard that their RoF had been upped so may be worth a go.

oh okay. and by the mmg, i mean the bren carrier + mmg. its like 200 45 mu far left, 2nd level. It can button and it fights infantry well and iwth ap rounds, it can tear into infantry.

tbh, i think the bren mmg carrier has the same gun as the ami .30 cal, i gotta check that out cuz it suppresses really well.

ooh, just checked. the Vickers Bren Carrier MMG is about the same as the .30 cal except it has the scatter of the mg42. It has the same damage, range, pretty much mirror stats of the ami .30 cal.

http://coh-stats.com/Weapon:Vickers_Bren_Carrier
http://coh-stats.com/Weapon:30_Cal_HMG
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:38:07 am by Tymathee » Logged
slyguy7447 Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 03:46:51 am »

Ah yeah i know the one you mean, yeah i've used it a few times and been reasonably happy.  Just wish it was a bit quicker so it could scoot away from those fast PE vehicles that maul bren carriers.  Very useful in an infantry battle though.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 08:23:58 am »

Sorry if i'm a bit late on the posting but here it goes.

Lts are one of the CW's most valuable units IF you know how to use it. You should always try to keep one on the field and never send it in with your units, always keep it behind the squad it is buffing and never get in range with your LT or he will get focus fired. (Btw im stating from facts because i've had several vet 3s for those who wanna question their usefulness)

Second, cromwells are very useful. You use them to support your infantry, not use your infantry to support your cromwell. The most obvious reason people would choose cromwells over stags is because they want more of a challenge  Wink.

Anyway, slyguy I would definitely recommend trying a couple cromwells to support possibly recon tommies or use an HMG with suppression fire and flank speed over the infy. The combinations are endless.  Shocked

Rawr
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc