Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 10:35:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadians vs Tommies  (Read 8342 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: April 10, 2010, 06:04:48 pm »

Atm, they have different names but they're the same unit. I know it's for flavor but it'd be nice if they at least got different vet that suited the play style of British Artillery.

an idea situation (or cooler) would be different main infantry for each brit doc. Tommies for Commandoes, Sappers for Engineers and Canadians for RCA The canadians would be the only one of the 3 to be upgraded to be recon the commando tommies would be the toughest of the bunch, able to take the most beating and the sappers would be the jack of all trades and able to purchase anything.

But, to be realistic, i know it wont happen so a suggestion for RCA's Canadian tommy vet

Vet 1 - -10% rec dmg
Vet 2 - -30 sec button (or maybe longer duration?) 15% acc
Vet 3 - -20% rec acc +20% dmg

i dunno, just trying to be different.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:39:20 am »

make em walk slow in enemy territory, remove bren button and rifle nade smoke, and instead they will be harder to supress/kill

oh, and ofcourse...

GIVE THEM KILTS!!!

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 06:41:04 am »

their Canadian, not scottish you fool  Cheesy

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 06:42:29 am »

care, kilts r awesome.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 07:19:28 am »

Imo Commandos should get their mandos without stens, just lee enfields, upgrades bren, smg, rifles, handgrenades. Smoke comes with their mp price

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 07:57:58 am »

it seems as if ur trying to be OP tym

nated0g Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 07:59:46 am »

You can go download a skin for that.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 10:02:10 am »

Because of the British background of the Canadian units deployed in both world wars Kilts are a fairly accurate depiction of many Canadian regiments.

While bing Canadian I like the fact we have a special infantry name but it is a Salan carry over. If we started doing this for 1 doctrine we'd be doing it for all of them and thats not a very good precedence to set.

If they got a doctrine buff to their close range firepower though it would be accurate. Canadian troops proved themselves quite effective on the Assault after the Normandy invasion(a few fantastic example of small unit tactics) [but also some larger formation mistakes every allied army screwed up royaly in Normandy]) but if you look at the unit figures for Italy the Canadian units there faught on strength with the German formations while on the offensive and while supplies and manpower were being diverted to Overlord. You want to learn about intense urban fighting on the Allied side look up the Battle of Ortona. They called it little Stalingrad for a reason.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 10:10:54 am »

it seems as if ur trying to be OP tym

no, just different. atm theres no point in having canadian tommies other than they're just called osmething different so i thought having different vet would make them different for rca
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 12:37:16 pm »

Because of the British background of the Canadian units deployed in both world wars Kilts are a fairly accurate depiction of many Canadian regiments.

While bing Canadian I like the fact we have a special infantry name but it is a Salan carry over. If we started doing this for 1 doctrine we'd be doing it for all of them and thats not a very good precedence to set.

If they got a doctrine buff to their close range firepower though it would be accurate. Canadian troops proved themselves quite effective on the Assault after the Normandy invasion(a few fantastic example of small unit tactics) [but also some larger formation mistakes every allied army screwed up royaly in Normandy]) but if you look at the unit figures for Italy the Canadian units there faught on strength with the German formations while on the offensive and while supplies and manpower were being diverted to Overlord. You want to learn about intense urban fighting on the Allied side look up the Battle of Ortona. They called it little Stalingrad for a reason.

The Canadians were used by the British as the Shock troops of the common wealth in both World Wars. And after the first day in Normandy Canadians (who were fighting heavy German resistance who had heavy cover as allied bombers missed their fort due to fog cover)

While i support making Canadian troops slightly better then Tommies, i would also say that for balance and to represent the size of the country that produced them the price would need to be increased.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 01:19:22 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 03:19:33 pm »

well spartan i dont know about world war 1 Canadians being shock troops. but i know Aussies and scots were used as shock troops in world war one for there ferocity, intensity, skill and complete obedience to carry out objectives. best men of the war
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:22 pm »

True that demon, thank god you guys had Mel Gibson back then. Would have lost the war otherwise!!
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 03:23:33 pm »

both scottish and aussie.

he must have been CHUCK NORRIS on the battlefield of world war 1 than  Cheesy

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 03:53:09 pm »

well spartan i dont know about world war 1 Canadians being shock troops. but i know Aussies and scots were used as shock troops in world war one for there ferocity, intensity, skill and complete obedience to carry out objectives. best men of the war

Canadians were one of the few troops that never broke because of gas, and eventually invented the first gas mask in newfoundland. And were used in ww1 to take Vimy Ridge the most heavily fortified and defended position of the Germans. Both the British and French forces failed to break it. Also the black watch was formed there, and in both world wars never ever fell back, only pushed forward. Which lead to their eventual decimation in ww2

good book if your interested in history like i am

http://www.amazon.ca/Shock-Troops-Canadians-Fighting-1917-18/dp/0670067350

Also take a look at the battle of Paschendaele and second battle of Ypres and you will see why the Germans came to fear Canadians.

btw i am going to read up on the aussies
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:59:24 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 08:39:12 pm »

Dont forget the scots. regarded as the best by the british.

i believe the brits could of been great shock troops. but since eg. aussies and scots were used as cannon fodder they had more of a chance to shine over brits. im guessing this also involves the Canadians aswell ,were they used as cannon fodder like the aussies/Nz

id like the shy away from saying whos best country etc. i think ^ that sums up it nicely why certain countries were regarded as. "better".
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 09:23:43 pm »

The most elite allied infantry were British and US airborne, British commandos/US OSS operations groups, and the US marines.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 09:39:47 pm »

The most elite allied infantry were British and US airborne, British commandos/US OSS operations groups, and the US marines.

no i hardly agree that the us ever had elite units.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 11:34:28 pm »

no i hardly agree that the us ever had elite units.

Yeah, the US marines didn't go toe to toe with more seasoned japanese soldiers in the pacific and won out, right.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 12:07:44 am »

Dont forget the scots. regarded as the best by the british.

i believe the brits could of been great shock troops. but since eg. aussies and scots were used as cannon fodder they had more of a chance to shine over brits. im guessing this also involves the Canadians aswell ,were they used as cannon fodder like the aussies/Nz

id like the shy away from saying whos best country etc. i think ^ that sums up it nicely why certain countries were regarded as. "better".

I have said it before that when you want to get info about the country you are looking at its best to look at their allies and their enemies not the country itself as it often over propagandasized (not a real word i know) but when it comes to the Scots, they are British so the Brits would have been likely to up their abilities quite a bit (also due to some events in medieval times the Scottish blood line controls the crown).  But from most of what i have read Canada and Australia were top respected among the fighting forces in WW1.

But i disagree with the cannon fodder aspect, as Canada maintained its autonomy in the war and fought distinctly as its own force (approx: 600,000 for a country of a few million at the time thats a huge number) and was eventually named Storm-troops by the Germans after the Battle of Paschendaele (or the third battle of Ypres as Britain officially calls it- same battle where Adolf Hitler was wounded by a British gas attack)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:25:11 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 12:13:58 am »

thats really interesting. thanks.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc