Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:37:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Churchill Crocodile  (Read 39297 times)
metristanharris Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2010, 11:27:58 am »

It's epic how as soon as something that belongs to the allies is deemed OP they all start throwing around accusations of axis being completely OP.
Tongue theres still more kt/Tigers/jagd than there are crocs and there more powerfull if u use them corectly

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:35:23 am by metristanharris » Logged

-RoyalHants
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2010, 12:21:24 pm »

Actually...

Each RSE company can potentially have 4 crocodiles.

Each Terror/Tank Hunter company can have 1 super heavy, and each Blitz company can have 2 tigers.

So, judging by simple laws of statistics : with there being 1 RSE player for each Terror, Tank Hunter and Blitz player(3 players total) - there'll be an equal ammount of crocodiles and KTs/Tigers/Jags.

So yeah - I severely doubt your claim of there being more KTs/Tigers/Jagds (even when combined) than there are crocodiles.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2010, 12:22:43 pm »

Tongue theres still more kt/Tigers/jagd than there are crocs and there more powerfull if u use them corectly

well,yeah ....since that's 3 doctorines vs 1 doctorine,no wonder there are more  Roll Eyes
metristanharris Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2010, 12:31:51 pm »

well,yeah ....since that's 3 doctorines vs 1 doctorine,no wonder there are more  Roll Eyes

exactly
Actually...

Each Terror/Tank Hunter company can have 1 super heavy, and each Blitz company can have 2 tigers.

So, judging by simple laws of statistics : with there being 1 RSE player for each Terror, Tank Hunter and Blitz player(3 players total) - there'll be an equal ammount of crocodiles and KTs/Tigers/Jags.

So yeah - I severely doubt your claim of there being more KTs/Tigers/Jagds (even when combined) than there are crocodiles.
theres 16 crocs on the leaderboard compared to 42 tigers 28 KTs and the only person with more than 2 crocs is hillbilly
btw what kind of an idiot has 4 Crocs they suck at AT jobs and atgs are to slow to keep up with a charging croc if they have more at then u expect bye bye croc and a whole lot of fuel gone
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 12:36:24 pm by metristanharris » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2010, 12:40:02 pm »

Everyone should know by now EIRR is OP

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
metristanharris Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2010, 12:40:47 pm »

Thats what makes it fun Grin
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2010, 12:54:05 pm »

Leaderboard shows units that actually have veterancy - not all the units in existence.

I would be considered the kind of idiot that uses 4 crocodiles. Also this guy called David/Shockcoil. Also Misten. You can ask around on how well we play - and you're invited to go do a search on people's reactions to 5 crocodile companies...

You can also do a search on the "Burning Church" groundcast, which features me using American Sherman Crocodiles. Not the same thing, I know - but it's still some good enough proof of pure anti-inf tank companies doing well against good players.

I would like to end with the notion that AT guns are only marginally slower than the Churchil Crocodile, while having a significantly better range - making their combination simply excellent.
metristanharris Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2010, 12:59:24 pm »

Leaderboard shows units that actually have veterancy - not all the units in existence.

I would be considered the kind of idiot that uses 4 crocodiles. Also this guy called David/Shockcoil. Also Misten. You can ask around on how well we play - and you're invited to go do a search on people's reactions to 5 crocodile companies...

You can also do a search on the "Burning Church" groundcast, which features me using American Sherman Crocodiles. Not the same thing, I know - but it's still some good enough proof of pure anti-inf tank companies doing well against good players.

I would like to end with the notion that AT guns are only marginally slower than the Churchil Crocodile, while having a significantly better range - making their combination simply excellent.
ive seen it crocs take real skill to use as well as that as do tigers and KTs ther both Heavy tanks i just dont see how u should give them a nerf for doing well when skilled ppl use them or give them a limit there fine as they are an excellent weapon if used well utter junk if used rubbishly like most things in eirr
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2010, 01:31:03 pm »

First imho Brits have an amazing mortar, it may be short range but its fast and accurate, you just need to micro it more then the others. The Piat probably misses a fast target about 1-2 more shots then an RR and does way more damage.

And to be completely honest a croc can barely pen or damage a P4

And might i remind you that this is about the Croc, AB have nothing to do with it. Marders murder churchills.
I know how to micro 2inch. The fact that I need to babysit the 2inch a lot more than the 60mm or the 81mm is why I consider the 2inch inferior.

Eirr is a team game. Both time That I had to deal with vertiggo's croc he was working with a AB partner.
Actually...

Actually...

If I got 4 croc churchill I wouldn't have the fuel to get a Firefly even with all three fuel support. I will be dependent on using the 6pdr/ or 17 pdr, or team mate for at power. This is where having an AB partner comes in really handy.

tiger are more expensive, but it's useful against both armor and infantry as well. If we are comparing price a wehr player can buy 2 tiger without even the first fuel upgrade, but for the RSE to get 4 croc churchill he will need 2 fuel upgrade. As fearsome as the croc is in regard to infantry, it's main gun is only a renamed 75mm.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:33:02 pm by Firesparks » Logged

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2010, 01:36:42 pm »

Eirr is a team game. Both time That I had to deal with vertiggo's croc he was working with a AB partner.

So than he had good help, and thats the point well supported stuff against an inferior player always seems OP
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2010, 02:11:35 pm »

The thing is, harris - that the Crocodile overperforms compared to other units that fullfill a similar role, considering it's quite low cost. That is why I propose a further price increment.

Most of the croc's power stems from the T2 Hull Down, though - which I have already covered extensively, and which should have been nerfed ages ago, all things considered.

Firesparks - Fireflies are not a mandatory part of a brittish build. 6 pounders and brens/PIATs (depending on playstyle) work quite well enough.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2010, 02:19:09 pm »

Most of the croc's power stems from the T2 Hull Down, though - which I have already covered extensively, and which should have been nerfed ages ago, all things considered.

Not even nerfed, but fixed so the buff isn't instantly applied the moment you hit the button, but after it is finished getting hull downed
metristanharris Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2010, 02:48:54 pm »

Not even nerfed, but fixed so the buff isn't instantly applied the moment you hit the button, but after it is finished getting hull downed
yh i can agree with that but it would make half my churchills stratagey useless its just such a central thing with churchills right now i dont know what id do whitout it but i think maybe there should be a unit cap i clasify it as an heavy tank so maybe a cap of 2 like the tiger instead
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:52:42 pm by metristanharris » Logged
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2010, 03:35:53 pm »

The thing is, harris - that the Crocodile overperforms compared to other units that fullfill a similar role, considering it's quite low cost. That is why I propose a further price increment.

Firesparks - Fireflies are not a mandatory part of a brittish build. 6 pounders and brens/PIATs (depending on playstyle) work quite well enough.

if we compare the base unit (croc and tiger), the 320 fuel is quite enough. Compare that to the 550 fuel tiger tank which can also kill tanks as well.
Doctrine ability wise the the tiger get alot of bonus from panzer ace and the heat round while the croc get the hull down and bonus HP. It's just the AB RR is alot more powerful than the schreck.
The hull down could stand to be in a t3 ability. It's powerful for a t2 ability but fit well as a t3 ability.  

Even if FF is not mandatory, you're still sacrificing the ability to use a FF for an extra churchill. Plus 4 Croc will use up all of your tank pool so any command tank will need to use reserve. Don't treat it as a light decision.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:44:49 pm by Firesparks » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2010, 03:46:33 pm »

Do crocs really need a cct, though?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2010, 03:48:12 pm »

It's just the AB RR is alot more powerful than the schreck.

Shreck does more damage then a RR, RR is more accurate and has higher pen. Personally i would rather have the 4-5 shots needed from piat/shrek then the 8-12 from a RR

The hull down could stand to be in a t3 ability. It's powerful for a t2 ability but fit well as a t3 ability. 

Hulldown is a fine T2, but its broken as it starts working as soon as its clicked, and needs a cooldown to get out tbh

Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2010, 03:56:08 pm »

Do crocs really need a cct, though?
actually, the CCT does little for the Flame thrower. longer sight and range would still works, but the flame thrower works on cooldown instead of reload. The cct wouldn't increase the flame thrower's dps, unlike the other tanks.
The CCT still have the smoke launcher and act as a scout thou.

Shreck does more damage then a RR, RR is more accurate and has higher pen. Personally i would rather have the 4-5 shots needed from piat/shrek then the 8-12 from a RR
the schreck have problem against the churchill armor, especially with hulldown. AB RR will go through the tiger armor with relatively little problem.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 04:02:38 pm by Firesparks » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2010, 04:02:38 pm »

the schreck have problem against the churchill armor, especially with hulldown. AB RR will go through the tiger armor with relatively little problem.

not from the rear shreks will always pen
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2010, 04:40:41 pm »

I've seen Shrecks bounce off the rear armour before, if the Churchill is hull-down. >_>
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 04:45:04 pm by jackmccrack » Logged

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2010, 04:41:13 pm »

so will zook Tiger ...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc