Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:00:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Range buff for brit mortar  (Read 3513 times)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« on: April 24, 2010, 10:47:46 am »

currently brits have the 2 inc mortar and the 25 pdr for arty.

the 2 inc mortar has VERY limited range and can only get used in areas with alot of shot blockers.

the 25 pdr is 120 fuel and has a cooldown timer, so not really something  to rely on.

compare the brits to PE: the PE gets their awesome mobile mortar halftrack with a bit more normal range than brit mortar and incindeary barrage.
but brits actually need better mortars coz PE is more a mobile force while brits arent.

SUGGESTION:
give the brit mortar the ability to switch between the rounds it has now, and rifle grenade rounds.
the rifle nades do much less damage but have much better range so brits can actually try to use their mortar instead of getting it killed by a MG42, which has basically the same range.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 10:48:39 am »

theyre fine

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 10:52:58 am »

because?
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 11:09:48 am »

becuase meow.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 11:17:02 am »

65 Range is quite adequate for the 2 inch mortar, with it's near-automatic rate of fire, best accuracy and highest damage in the game.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 11:20:49 am »

all that big damage is useless if it's dead.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 11:24:22 am »

should give 2inch mortar creeping barrage mortar fire for hit and run tactics
lul
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 11:30:46 am »

all that big damage is useless if it's dead.

Wow, congratulations on not using your unit properly.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 12:21:48 pm »

currently brits have the 2 inc mortar and the 25 pdr for arty.

the 2 inc mortar has VERY limited range and can only get used in areas with alot of shot blockers.

the 25 pdr is 120 fuel and has a cooldown timer, so not really something  to rely on.

compare the brits to PE: the PE gets their awesome mobile mortar halftrack with a bit more normal range than brit mortar and incindeary barrage.
but brits actually need better mortars coz PE is more a mobile force while brits arent.

SUGGESTION:
give the brit mortar the ability to switch between the rounds it has now, and rifle grenade rounds.
the rifle nades do much less damage but have much better range so brits can actually try to use their mortar instead of getting it killed by a MG42, which has basically the same range.

The PE have always had the mortar HT unlike the british which got given the 2inch mortar to fill the needs for mobile support. Making it have more range would just start to change the gameplay of the british faction. There was a reason why they didnt get any static mobile support weapons in VCOH and that was because it would look like a mirror version of the americans.

The american and the british are supposed to have different playing style from each other. Thats why I never agreed with the british getting mobile support weapons. The british faction is ment to be more defensive, hold territory and lock down sectors. Thats was the reason for the static emplacements. But im moving abit off topic atm so going to stop.

I don't like the idea but maybe could be possible as an unlock for one of the british doctrines.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 12:27:08 pm »

The PE have always had the mortar HT unlike the british which got given the 2inch mortar to fill the needs for mobile support. Making it have more range would just start to change the gameplay of the british faction. There was a reason why they didnt get any static mobile support weapons in VCOH and that was because it would look like a mirror version of the americans.

The american and the british are supposed to have different playing style from each other. Thats why I never agreed with the british getting mobile support weapons. The british faction is ment to be more defensive, hold territory and lock down sectors. Thats was the reason for the static emplacements. But im moving abit off topic atm so going to stop.

I don't like the idea but maybe could be possible as an unlock for one of the british doctrines.

i guess its ok as doctrine unlock, since RCA gets mortar pit, supercharge rounds and priest.
commandos get commando mortar with normal range.
but RE get nothing, and supporting a mortar with such small range is impossible with those slow popeating churchils.

i forgot PE gets hochkiss stuka too btw...

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 12:28:39 pm »

RSE gets other things - such as the AVRE and the Churchil Crocodile. Don't you go telling me RSE, of all things, has nothing to break through fortifications with.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 12:32:12 pm »

One time I plopped a 2inch Mortar down in the town on Tanteville and 5 mins later it had 14 kills lmao

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
arsonist123 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 12:32:43 pm »

i guess its ok as doctrine unlock, since RCA gets mortar pit, supercharge rounds and priest.
commandos get commando mortar with normal range.
but RE get nothing, and supporting a mortar with such small range is impossible with those slow popeating churchils.

i forgot PE gets hochkiss stuka too btw...

i totally agree with you leophone. (sarcasm)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc