Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:34:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Poll
Question: How many people want an urban map?
Yes - 37 (82.2%)
No - 8 (17.8%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urban Map  (Read 13488 times)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« on: May 27, 2010, 07:35:41 pm »

How many people want an urban map? Would it be worth my time in, lets say convertin a map such as Caen or Lyon into a 2v2 EIR map? Obviously it would require quite a bit of work creating a bit better pathing and flanking, sectoring and narrower as ''square maps dont work in eir''.

Let me know.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 07:49:17 pm »

carentan 3v3 that was in was just a great ubran map tbh.

a lot of people liked it, and if it had been less square and better pathing im sure it would have still been here.

(Basically the reason why it got removed is coz unkown's tigers sucked on that map)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 07:55:32 pm »

Urban maps need to be 3v3 and up. there just isn;t enough meat in a 2v2 to make it a good map.

when it's 3v3 or 4v4 there is always some ferocious fighting somewhere and it conveys the brutal close quarters style or urban conflict

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 07:57:47 pm »

thats what i mean, however its gonna be somewhat extremely none tank friendly, except for parts, meaning not many people would want to play it. im just seeing the response
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 08:04:48 pm »

AmPm's industrial heartland or whatever is a bane to tanks all over but it was still fun to play

By it's nature an urban map is deadly to Tanks. the the close range or urban environments that makes hand held AT so deadly to tanks. You can still have main streets and thoroughfares just have side alleys that tanks can;t fit down for infantry to manourvre
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:14:45 pm by brn4meplz » Logged
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:46:17 pm »

Even thought I *HATE* urban warfare cos I suck at it, it might be fun.

I love fighting over bastions town, small pockets like that would be awesome!

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Clavis55o Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 08:51:19 pm »

I loved the map Argentan by Warbirds but, something like that i think people would play

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 10:41:47 pm »

How many people want an urban map? Would it be worth my time in, lets say convertin a map such as Caen or Lyon into a 2v2 EIR map? Obviously it would require quite a bit of work creating a bit better pathing and flanking, sectoring and narrower as ''square maps dont work in eir''.

Let me know.

I thought there were already maps like that? I mean converted maps.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 11:00:20 pm »

Let me know.

I thought there were already maps like that? I mean converted maps.

there were yes, but unkown removed them without telling why or allowing the mappers to update the map.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 01:06:17 am »

Totally, bridge map always was fun maybe in EiR.
People like when they can feel safe on a complete other side with securing bridges e.t.c.
And yeah lately i thought about urban town map, thoose maps are epic Smiley

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 01:53:15 am »

no bridge chokepoints in eir please

Idea Deadbolt. Have an urban city dominating most of the map in the middle, while you start from outside the city in the grass and land. and the city is circular so around the city is land and trees and farms etc.

e.g think of tanteville. but this time city dominating most of the map with land open around it.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 02:51:23 am »

Make a real city- like Arnheim from PE mission. All buildings should be intact. (I know that there is a map Arnheim etc). Make a total city map with everything what a normal city had those days. Rails, etc. I love urban fighting in a city. StuHs, crocs, flammenwerfers and so on would be awsome. Mgs not so because you can shoot them from buildings

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 03:02:22 am »

Make a real city- like Arnheim from PE mission. All buildings should be intact. (I know that there is a map Arnheim etc). Make a total city map with everything what a normal city had those days. Rails, etc. I love urban fighting in a city. StuHs, crocs, flammenwerfers and so on would be awsome. Mgs not so because you can shoot them from buildings
Yeah, whats more intense then town fighting? Grin
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 03:11:41 am »

Fighting in a CITY
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 03:20:03 am »

Fighting in a CITY
FUCK YEA IT IS
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 04:00:19 am »

3v3 or onward please. Big streets mixed with small and narrow streets would be good Cheesy

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 04:09:35 am »

you all sound so exited.

then why was carentan removed? open coutyard in the middle for tanks, narrow streets on the sides.

pathing was a little bad, but not that much.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010, 04:46:19 am »

seems fairly unnanimous, ill get to it as soon as i can!

no bridge chokepoints in eir please

Idea Deadbolt. Have an urban city dominating most of the map in the middle, while you start from outside the city in the grass and land. and the city is circular so around the city is land and trees and farms etc.

e.g think of tanteville. but this time city dominating most of the map with land open around it.

is every one keen on this idea, or should i adapt it a little bit?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 05:18:34 am »

Arnhem is already in the game, and it's fucking terrible. (And lagtastic)

vCOH urban maps shouldn't be converted, they're usually rubbish for EIR. If you want to make an urban map make one from scratch actually designed to work with EIR. Custom made maps will get priority over vCOH conversions.

Also, we're starting to hit a certain treshold of amount of maps supported that suffices, we will probably want to slow down the expansion of our map database, it'll have to be a really fucking sweet map if you want it to get supported from now on Tongue (We'll still be adding them but with some big PR efforts coming up less megabytes is better)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 05:20:13 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 01:16:13 pm »

people complain about the lack of maps and map support and your haulting any progression on maps?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc