Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:49:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I know I'm a newb but this is rediculous  (Read 5956 times)
seraph24 Offline
EIR Regular

« on: June 05, 2010, 05:02:49 am »

Just played my first few games, what a fucking disappointment.  I realize I'm a newb but tell me what I'm missing here:

The game's supposed to be set in T4? Right off this is a huge disadvantage for Allies who get owned if they let axis tech that high.  Their tanks are indestructible.  The only possible way I've taken out a Tiger in CoH is by flanking with multiple ranger units but I can't put rangers in my company.... wtf am I supposed to do?  I suppose you get the ability to get rangers with experience and doctrines but how the hell am I supposed to level up to get them when I'm getting masacared?

Allied tanks fucking suck too. Thank god this game isn't historically accurate, we'd all be fucking Nazi's.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 05:21:12 am »

Your starting platoon should have 2 forms of AT. thats generally a good baseline. ATG's are a reliable high damage AT platform, you just need something to help keep it covered. If it's Another ATG that can work, or if it's some sticky riflemen. Allies are actually quite capable from the onset. the British especially have some very resilient opening starts. Anyone who starts with a Tiger is asking to get rolled. in a fair fight. Because you still have an entire companies worth of AT assets to deal with it. Tigers are deadly when they come on late and the enemy has bled you of Anti tank options.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 05:24:47 am »

the game isnt exactly t4, but you're right to point out that there is no tech limit

uh and the only way you took out tigers in vcoh was surrounding it with rangers...?

rangers are a poor counter to tigers
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 05:29:04 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 05:26:52 am »

New axis players are inclined to say the same things about the allies. This mod isn't exactly noob friendly given that fresh companies always struggle against companies that have played multiple games. Older companies have resource advantages and doctrines choices unlocked which give them quite a leg up. I would suggest playing against people who have played a similar number of games as you have or asking if there's a veteran somewhere around who wouldn't mind playing with you to show you the ropes. I know if you ask you'll find a few.

Mostly though, just stick with it. The allies have some real powerful late tier doctrine choices and unit abilities which really help. And you can only learn the mod by actually playing and losing. You'll learn what works and what doesn't and how to counter X or Y units eventually.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 05:49:52 am »

The allies have the infamous 57mm with AP rounds, they will eat up the tiger.
Allies have the m10 and m18 which out ranges the tiger. use this to your advantage, rush up with infantry, ATG crawl and flank with duel m10's. Tiger down easily

You also have firefly, the best tank in-game by far due to its range, a person with excellent micro will not need to worry about any axis vehicle

disablers like button and stickies work wonders, use them aswell.

Rangers against a tiger is the worst counter to a tiger unless your flanking from the rear with combined efforts pushing on its front.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 06:27:08 am »

Just played my first few games, what a fucking disappointment.  I realize I'm a newb but tell me what I'm missing here:

The game's supposed to be set in T4? Right off this is a huge disadvantage for Allies who get owned if they let axis tech that high.  Their tanks are indestructible.  The only possible way I've taken out a Tiger in CoH is by flanking with multiple ranger units but I can't put rangers in my company.... wtf am I supposed to do?  I suppose you get the ability to get rangers with experience and doctrines but how the hell am I supposed to level up to get them when I'm getting masacared?

Allied tanks fucking suck too. Thank god this game isn't historically accurate, we'd all be fucking Nazi's.

Rofl.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 06:52:48 am »

One thing that the mods try to do is to give EVERY unit in this mod a specific set of purposes. Allied tanks have their purpose, it's up to you to find out what that is. True that a top tier account will generally beat a lvl 0 account, in the launcher ranks are shown so you can see if you'd like to play in that game or not.

Make sure to mention that you are a noob and hopefully you won't go up against some of the better players in this mod in your first few games. Don't take losing your first few games to heart, I lost my first ten, and i'm sure that's the same with many players in this mod. If you're needing assistance in building a company or learning more about EIRR gameplay (which is severely different to CoH), then hop on vent and have a chat, everyone is friendly enough to have a chat to you!
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 07:30:37 am »

Make sure to mention that you are a noob...

Yeah, I always try to have the decency of asking how strong they are before the game starts.

BigDick
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 07:50:37 am »

hey seraph24 make an axis account and grab a friend (pm me for ur names)

i'll train u and show you how to make use of allied anti tank capabilities  Smiley Cool
M1d Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 07:57:57 am »

Yeah, I always try to have the decency of asking how strong they are before the game starts.

When ever I announce my newby presence, I just seem to find food sign's gleaming back at me in the smurf's eyes. Where am I going wrong? >.<
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 08:33:16 am »

When ever I announce my newby presence, I just seem to find food sign's gleaming back at me in the smurf's eyes. Where am I going wrong? >.<

Ask around in the launcher if they are smurfs or good. Smurfs don't have to be competent players.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 07:33:03 am »

Rangers are more or less the only unit in the game that Tigers consistently chew up and spit out/

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 07:44:28 am »

That is VCoH, you blob an army of rangers and insta kill any tank on field- forget VCoH, this is EIRR, use new tactics and units you never use in VCoH. 57mm is da pwn. Ppl in VCoH only use it via paradrop otherwise they just blob elite inf and rape stuff, either ab or rangers.

Forget VCoH strategies

Learn EIRR strategies, they are far different than VCoH has ever been. Cheesy

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 07:52:02 am »

All I can say is - check the leaderboard. It clearly shows that there are players with high wins and low losses on both sides of the conflict : allies AND axis. In many cases - there's people that are high in wins and low on losses on BOTH sides.

The mod's really as balanced as it has ever been, with, in fact, a slight indication of allies probably being a little too powerful.

The sherman is a worthy adversary to the Panzer IV, the Pershing is, by far, superior to the Tiger in it's speed and agility and riflemen, being so cheap and versatile, are honestly nothing to spit at : I personally just love them. But listing all these things is pointless - just keep playing, ask around for advice from people on ventrilo, and you'll get good eventually. Most people are nice and will help you - we've all been noobs once, we know the feeling.

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 09:20:15 am »

Rofl.

+1

Allies are OP here tbfh

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 09:22:58 am »

Stop trolling Two.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 09:33:09 am »

Im not tbfh, certain axis doc abilities are OP but allies can still counter them.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 10:52:12 am »

Im not tbfh, certain axis doc abilities are OP but allies can still counter them.

And Axis can counter them too. I am under the impression that both sides are pretty balanced but its just easier to cry OP instead of learning to use units right and/or choosing a doctrine or creating a company that suits your play style.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 11:13:24 am »

And Axis can counter them too. I am under the impression that both sides are pretty balanced but its just easier to cry OP instead of learning to use units right and/or choosing a doctrine or creating a company that suits your play style.

+ 94586048546456
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 11:29:20 am »

Axis cant counter carbines.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc