Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:00:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flank question  (Read 5656 times)
Calstifer Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 07, 2010, 03:09:03 am »

Is is... asholeish to flank and cutt of the line of supply to force win a game using airbrone?

"This man is incapable of doing the most simpleist of tasks.

I recommend never asking this person to do any tasked deemed easy for infants. Ever." -Various sorces.
BigDick
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 03:16:57 am »

No, it is just dumb.
Calstifer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:45:19 am »

Worked eneough times to make me think otherwise.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 03:52:51 am »

There isn't too much that is 'asholeish' in EIRR. It's obviously a large risk. Airborne are awfully expensive and it is a large munitions sink (whether bars or RR's) for the purpose that you are using it for. Unsupported, airborne aren't that good. I would implore you to reconsider doing it when you're playing good players, for sure enough, they'll send something to clean you up pretty quickly. That being said, it COULD be used as a well placed distraction for axis to take men off the front line so you can push through there. Cutting the line of supply seems a bit far out in my opinion, but if it works for you then hey, keep doing it!
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 03:55:14 am »

well with airborne new ability to place mines, i can see behind enemy lines operations becoming a common tactic tbh.
BigDick
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 04:03:00 am »

airbornes always were usefull for behind enemy lines operation but not for backcapers
thats a waste

they are meant to coordinate with your teammates, jump behind enemy lines and attack doggy style while your teammates push from the front
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 04:04:26 am »

It's not Arseholish to do that, but it's not exactly very sportsmen like. You are avoiding a fight and making the other players play chasey around the map to ensure they can still play.
Calstifer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 04:20:28 am »

Ok,  first of all i flank with RIFLES with BARS and STICKEYs first. I then normally bring in an AT gun or a tank for support. I land my AB as re-enforcements as my team advances through the line to link up with me.

@Ark:

I dont belive its being unsportsmanshiplike. Axis are so powerful and they have so much range it makes it impossilbe for the allies to win without sucessful manouvering. THe only games i have won is by sucessful flanks with support pushing forward. Allies will loose every time otherwise.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 04:23:58 am »

As it says in the loading screen, "Make the enemy play your game" :p.
Calstifer, if that is your honest opinion of allies, you seriously need more indirect fire!
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 04:31:17 am »

Airborne don't have much in the form of indirect fire, spinn - except mortars.

Honestly though - that is nothing areshollish. Flanking, back-capping, cutting the enemy off is quite frankly good tactics. Force the enemy to come to you : of course he'll be pissed off that he has to leave his impregnable doomfort, and he may call you a fag or whatever : but in the end, all you're doing is outplaying him. If he also gets mad doing it - you're gaining even more points because angry people make stupid decisions and micro worse.

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 04:41:17 am »

That's why they can get 4 offmaps Myst.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 04:41:33 am »

Airborne don't have much in the form of indirect fire, spinn - except mortars.

Honestly though - that is nothing areshollish. Flanking, back-capping, cutting the enemy off is quite frankly good tactics. Force the enemy to come to you : of course he'll be pissed off that he has to leave his impregnable doomfort, and he may call you a fag or whatever : but in the end, all you're doing is outplaying him. If he also gets mad doing it - you're gaining even more points because angry people make stupid decisions and micro worse.
Agree with that.
War is never fair.
But I have an addtional question?
How to gtfo alive after the ab had done their job?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 04:43:02 am »

Ninja Halftracks.
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 04:45:35 am »

Ninja Halftracks.
The ratio?
AB:HT?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 04:47:22 am »

1 HT for every 2 AB - so you fit them all in.
Calstifer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 04:49:12 am »

Think that you would need quite a few HT, Because airbrone just rip through light vecs. THe BAR AIR rifles would tear the remaining inf to pieces and if you seek cover  prepare for a pinapple parade.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 04:52:13 am »

Flanking, back capping, and cutting off supply are the weapons of good warfare.

Don't buy in to the cheesy notion that it's "unsportsmanlike" to fight your enemies head on. During Napoleon's Italian campaign that was exactly how the Austrian generals thought, and they resented getting their ass kicked by him because he threw away the old school rule book.

That's what warfare is about: making the enemy play your game, not doing what they expect, and keeping the initiative.

So cap on, my friend. Cap on.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 04:55:40 am »

Think that you would need quite a few HT, Because airbrone just rip through light vecs. THe BAR AIR rifles would tear the remaining inf to pieces and if you seek cover  prepare for a pinapple parade.

He asked how to save your airborne from eventually getting pounded after they have achieved their goal.

Not how to pwn them ABs Tongue.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 05:24:41 am »

Ok,  first of all i flank with RIFLES with BARS and STICKEYs first. I then normally bring in an AT gun or a tank for support. I land my AB as re-enforcements as my team advances through the line to link up with me.

@Ark:

I dont belive its being unsportsmanshiplike. Axis are so powerful and they have so much range it makes it impossilbe for the allies to win without sucessful manouvering. THe only games i have won is by sucessful flanks with support pushing forward. Allies will loose every time otherwise.

If the game has ended, and the other team has clearly won but haven't killed your last men, because your running around capping; then that is unsportsmanlike
Calstifer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 06:01:44 am »

Agreed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc