Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:55:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Which is better for killing AB?  (Read 14781 times)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 09:52:51 am »

Yeah say what you will about Puddin, but he is probably the only person in the mod who has the balls to go his own way and simultaneously pull it off.

He makes units work that no one else has the courage to even use, to the point where people are so stunned they get angry at him because the only other option is to realize they were beaten by something they would normally have discounted altogether.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 09:53:23 am »

Yea, puddin's flammenwerfer ht spam is awesome.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 09:57:38 am »

Oh man that shit was scary against my ranger armor... it's like all my guys are doused in gasoline lol.

But yeah I totally agree with Wind's assessment of Puddin, he definitely has the courage to try things I wouldn't normally have tried until I saw how effective it was, totally adding regular pumas to my Wehr company now after that game  Cool

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 10:01:29 am »

no. all he does is spamming the most retarded combination of units. ofc its effective with a bit of skill.

and i think unknownz was ironic with his post..
(how can flammenHT spam be effective vs rangerspam rofl)

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 10:02:16 am »

It's called rangers are vulnerable to flames and can't fire fast enough to stop that many flame HTs...?
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 10:04:58 am »

no. all he does is spamming the most retarded combination of units. ofc its effective with a bit of skill.

and i think unknownz was ironic with his post..
(how can flammenHT spam be effective vs rangerspam rofl)

Retarded? See that's exactly the point. The people who would never even think of doing what he does "flammenht spam for instance, are baffled and frustrated when he makes it work so well. I mean, everyone knows flammenHT's are shit right? So obviously it would be pointless to invest lots of resources in them, right?

Puddin has proved otherwise, and even still no one else dares try it. Thats the difference.

And unfortunately for you you have obviously not seen his flammen ht in action, or you would quickly realize how wrong you are and how inaccurate your interpretation of Unknown's words were.

Next time your facing Puddin, I dare you to try rangerspam to combat his flammen ht blobs. It will be the most miserable game of your life, I can promise you that. Not the least because you will wish you could invent a time machine to go back in time and prevent yourself from saying what you've said here lol.

-Wind
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 10:06:42 am »

i admit, i didnt see his flammenHTspam  Tongue but he usually spams storms + ostwind anyways
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 10:40:33 am »

i admit, i didnt see his flammenHTspam  Tongue but he usually spams storms + ostwind anyways

Not to forget his sniper/m10 spam

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2010, 10:44:00 am »

im sure the flammenht spam is only used b/c its pop efficent enough to get 3 in his start. Hardly origonal, nor is 3 StuHs either.

It's still a one-dimensional minimalist/maximumist one trick pony style of gameplay that requires only 2 hotkeys and no effort to use, and IMO that everyone learns to fight anyway after a few games.

w/e, to each his own.

Anywho, back on topic.

my favorite are triple flame pios packed into a halftrack for AB counters

Second fav. would be pumas.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2010, 10:48:07 am »

what if those AB u want to kill instakill ur HT and all flamers are gone?
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 11:40:16 am »

im sure the flammenht spam is only used b/c its pop efficent enough to get 3 in his start. Hardly origonal, nor is 3 StuHs either.

It's still a one-dimensional minimalist/maximumist one trick pony style of gameplay that requires only 2 hotkeys and no effort to use, and IMO that everyone learns to fight anyway after a few games.

Actually I have seen him start with 5.

And as far as originality goes, it's the most original strategy I've seen - particularily because he picked a unit that is mostly maligned, and generally agreed to be not cost-effective. Even using 3 stuhs is far more unique than any other strategy posted in this thread.

Why? Because even though Puddin has shown both to be effective, these strategies are not adopted beyond him. And no, it's not because they are "one-dimensional" strategies because if contempt for their "simplistic effectiveness" were the reason, you would still see tons of people use them. There are multitudes of easy, lazy spam strategies that every guy and their mother uses in EiR once their shown to be effective.

So no, there is something more to it here. It is Puddin's knack for taking units that, from all outward appearances, are held to be mediocre and unspectacular, and showing how the element of surprise and enough gall can make them devestating.

Although, on the other hand, it's much easier for the rest of us to just to say he lacks skill and feel better about ourselves (as is very frequently the case when people talk about him).

-Wind
#Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 11:57:37 am »

Puddin is a newb who has no skilz...
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 12:00:30 pm »

...becasue you lost against him?
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 12:01:45 pm »

I love playing with/against puddin', Just hate when he goes crazy and ragequits or something, other then that I like his strategies and to the rest of you who says he spams and what not, you just need an excuse to make for losing to him

Rawr
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 12:04:25 pm »

one game vs me you ragequitted vs ATGspam. i wonder how you manage not to ragequit pudding  Shocked
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 12:06:38 pm »

one game vs me you ragequitted vs ATGspam. i wonder how you manage not to ragequit pudding  Shocked

Who is this directed towards?
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 12:09:25 pm »

to you
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 12:10:54 pm »

lol, When have I ragequitted? I make it a point to never ragequit, the only time I drop from games is when I lag out which isn't as common anymore thankfully.

Once again aloha making attacks on the forums when I have nothing to do with the topic..you don't like what I have to say about puddin', so you personally attack me?
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2010, 12:14:19 pm »

it was not supposed to be a personal attack or whatever you try to make it look like.
from earlier games it just seemed to me that you dont like 'spam', just like i do
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2010, 12:16:51 pm »

you just told me I ragequit lol? And sure I might get ticked everyonce in awhile, that usually has nothing to do with the game, typically Real life stuff that gets randomly taken out at what ever unit I feel needs to be mad at :p, over the past few months I could care less what actually happens in a game so..and I could care less if people spam
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc