Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 03:33:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] Mortar!! Why does it suck so much?  (Read 12436 times)
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 14, 2010, 04:38:35 pm »

I don't know if it's jus my mortar but they absolutely suck. I'v lost so many mortars cos of the stupid accuracy. My past 3 games all mortars av been ista killed by axis mortars getting direct hits on thier first shots but takes about 4+ shots for my mortar to actully hit anything.

Example one: I spotted an enemy mortar so sent mine in closer to take it out. Get out 2-3 shots off (All missing horribly) before the axis mortar turns and starts counter fire back at mine. First shot hits (one man died) and im thinking lucky shot.  Undecided Then a second shot hits before I av chance to move it and I lose the mortar (thinking WTF).  This has happened on about 3 times in a row. Huh

Example two: One of my rifle squads was aving a fire fight with some volks, so I send my mortar to help out. Fire about 5 shots and they all missed. Shocked Not even causing a single bit off damage. Enemy mortar must av set up on the 4th shot and started firing at my mortar. 1st shot direct hit (1 guy dies and my mortar at half HP). So I try to move it right of the first shot hits, but then second shot came down and destroyed my mortar.  Angry

Im jus wondering is anyone else aving this problem and asking for maybe some kind of acc buff on the US mortar cos right now im not finding it worth using at all??

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 04:40:48 pm »

its awesome for smoke alone, americans are the kings of smoke operations

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 04:46:48 pm »

it sux cuz you suck. If you're expecting to beat the wehr mortar in a firefire 1v1 without moving, that's your fault. the ami mortar has a higher rof and does better vs infantry in general than the wehr mortar, the only reason why it seems that the wehr mortar is so far above the ami mortar is becaus of the lower squad sizes, i mean squad health of american infantry vs the higher squad health vs axis mortars

i used to have two vet 3 ami mortars a while ago, you just can't leave it in one place, same with any mortar tbh.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:12:50 pm by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 04:48:13 pm »

US mortar has more scatter compared to the wehr mortar.
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 04:50:26 pm »

if u see a WM mortar on a field, u must relocate your mortar after each 2-3 shots. US mortar have less damage, suppression and range. It can do something against WM mortar only with US INF doc buffs (+% health, -% inc acc, +range etc.).

Senseless and ruthless.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 04:53:34 pm »

Cleaned topic, if you have nothing constructive to add don't bother posting.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:01:41 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 04:56:55 pm »

Excuse me unknown, allow me to expand my disagreement. The US mortar has higher rof and you can expect to kill the wher if you get the jump on it. In fact that is the case with either mortar battle.

supress. mortar. move. repeat.

I hammer unkown with the fail

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 05:11:53 pm »

Well I did say I tried to move my mortar but died on the 2nd hit. I'v got nothing against the axis mortar it jus seems that the US mortar really sucks with the acc it has. Any chance it could av the scatter reduced so it doesnt miss by like 10 meters as much? I don't mind a price increase on the US mortar if it does get a buff at all.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 05:14:08 pm »

well the thing is, you're firing at max range, while the axis mortar is firing at you from medium range, so of course the accuracy will be higher, so what u gotta do is either try to get closer or player dodge the wehr mortar and clear it another way, its not easy, but its possible.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 05:18:43 pm »

well the thing is, you're firing at max range, while the axis mortar is firing at you from medium range, so of course the accuracy will be higher, so what u gotta do is either try to get closer or player dodge the wehr mortar and clear it another way, its not easy, but its possible.

U would think though that cos the werh mortar as more range that it would av more scatter to compansate to make it balanced, while the US mortar would av less scatter cos of its shorter range. That would at least mean you would av to price it more or less the same.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 05:19:21 pm »

Dont forget the price difference, 130 mp/25 munitions.

Grens are 50 mp more expensive than rifles, noone is like BOHOO why is rifles losing to grens

Usually the more expensive weapon beats the cheaper one, if anything but extraordinarily skewed circumstances (green vs red cover) changed that the prices would have no meaning
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:24:17 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 05:23:38 pm »

Dont forget the price difference

I know that why im wondering if scatter on US mortar got reduced you would price it the same as Wehr
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 06:03:07 pm »

Its hard to win a mortar war vs a competent Wehr player because of the range difference Dragon.  However, the best way to do it IMO is to fire a couple times(only a couple) to draw his attention and make him fire back at you.  Once you get his attention, move somewhere closer to him and away from where you just were, and repeat, getting as close as possible while still safe.  Since you fire more often, the closer you get, the more the other stats get evened out...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 06:45:20 pm »

what crazy said. I explained to you why  theres more scatter in a mortar ot mortar engagement, you're more within his firing code than he is within yours, so he'll be more accurate.

Think of it this way, It's like two guys firing at each other, both with 50% scatter at max range, and 25% at half range, one has range 100 the other 150, after their range the're ineffective.

If I at 150 fire at the guy with 100 range, im firing at him 50 meters closer within my max range than he is at me, so my scatter will be highly reduced, and he's firing at full scatter.
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 08:06:25 pm »

I'd love to give you advice, such as setting your counter mortar up to hit from a different angle from the direction the enemy mortar just fired, making it have to rotate in order to return fire, thus giving you the extra second you need, BUT your signature is talking too loudly.... again? If anyone cared what your stats on that game were, I'm almost sure they would PM you.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 09:18:01 pm »

i always have a few vet 2 and vet 3 us mortars. i love em. i love running into good players that use wehr mortar. mortar battles are awesome. they night have range but us mortar imo is more accurate.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
vivie5 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 10:02:43 pm »

When I play British I would sometimes rock the motar, as most axis are not used to playing against motar's and can sometimes get caught by suprise.

winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 10:44:58 pm »

I actually quite like the brit mortar, jsut for the punch it packs tbh. Its better than the american one in my mind.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 10:58:40 pm »

I can't stand the US Mortar and refuse to use it as it's a huge waste of resources.  Heck its cost is so high I could get a rifle squad or ranger squad for what I pay for it.

When I play my Wehr company, I literally laugh at any allied player that attempts to mortar fight me, and I had one game where my one axis mortar took out 3 allied mortars, 2 ATGs and an HMG.  Sucker ended up with like 25+ kills that game, I'm lucky to break 3 or so with Allies one since it does less damage, less range, and less suppression.

If you're US Infantry, get a howitzer.  I have 5 vet 3 Howitzers (had a 6th but it bugged out and died instead of retreating the other day) and it's just way more effective.  Armor gets the nice calliope and Brits get the high damage and fast reload British Mortar.. and Airborne get a better version of the US Mortar... Airborne crewed mortars.

I agree it sucks just like the HMG (which I can't stand due to short range, half burst fire and weak health, if it were rangers manning it I would appreciate it more) and hence I rarely run with support weapons and it does my company just fine.  As a Wehr player though that's where the support weapons are, and I rather just get a cheap rifle/ranger squad and overrun an axis Wehr player's weapons and then take them to use against him the entire game.  That's my strategy.  And if he brings no support, hence the howitzers!

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 10:59:08 pm »

When I play British I would sometimes rock the motar, as most axis are not used to playing against motar's and can sometimes get caught by suprise.

Thats because it shoots so FAST its awesome

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc