Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:30:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terror Grenadiers NAME suggestion  (Read 8563 times)
ImmanioEiR Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 07:03:27 am »

Nah, by all means, I suppose an honest mistake... But a bit of foot-in-mouth disease in my opinion. Take it as an opportunity to learn Tongue

Personally I'm Norwegian, I have no particular personal reasons to get touchy about this, but it just saddens me whenever I see the status some people in online gaming give the SS.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 07:04:59 am by ImmanioEiR » Logged
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 07:05:11 am »

what ARE terror grenadiers anyway?
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 07:05:38 am »

They are normal Grenadiers with a new name.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 02:43:55 pm »

No one here Idolizes SS, This suggestion has nothing to do with political sights or anything. While it is a code thing it means the name will never get changed into SS Grenadiers or SS Volksgrenadiers. This thread's point is NOT provoke anything political- simply a suggestion that would suit better for the Terror Grenadiers. After all Terror doctorine is considered as a SS Doctorine anyway due to the cool toys they get (KT and V1) along with the superior infantry buffs.

A simplicity I'll use a Example from Close Combat Series:

All the grey are part of Regular Wehrmacht while all the red parts are SS units. The "SS" in front of the tropps should tell it lol.

It'd give you more historic insight and as well the terroric feeling "Oh crap I'm fighting the SS infantry, one of them is Terror for sure"

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 02:47:26 pm »

EiR has been following the policy that CoH has been following. No SS means no political troubles.

Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 03:49:53 pm »

EiR has been following the policy that CoH has been following. No SS means no political troubles.
Indeed, EiR's forum would turn into what you always see on youtube comments.
A half page full of facts that the user has proudly read somewhere on the internet.
Pff..lol..

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 04:56:58 pm »

Why do people idolize the SS they will always be remembered has one of the best fighting forces the world has ever seen..

Not taking away anything from the Regular German army .....

Also some of the Totenkopf divisions did not work in the camps like the 11th Totenkopf Regiment and others, thou some might have been sent..

Muck credit to
Das Reich
Germania
Der Fuhrer as well as other who fought against overwhelming odds and still managed most of the time to come out on top...

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 05:00:12 pm »

Down with you, down with you.

I think gamesguy posted a length post about why this notion about SS was inaccurate

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 05:29:03 pm »

Oh no not gamesguy the last word on history or his storie...
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 05:50:15 pm »

The SS was to the Heer what the US Marines are to the US Army - they have their own tanks, their own planes, and their own infantry. If you think of their respective country, you think of those respective branches. They aren't necessarily better or worse fighters, but when it came to propoganda they got first pick, and when it came to sweeping statements about who is the best fighters, just like with the propoganda, they got the first pick.

That being said, the Marines make do with shitty gear while the SS often gets first pick of the gear as well.

The Elite SS divisions had the best gear and best training and most experience, while the Elite Wehrmacht divisions had the best training and most experience, but not necessarily the best gear. Because the SS were politically motivated, the elite SS were the absolute cream of the crop of the entire German army since they had the best of everything available including equipment. 1st SS is probably the most dangerous of all German divisions that existed in 1941, 1942, or 1943 (by the time the Americans get around to doing any real fighting the SS had been bled somewhat dry of its hardcore center in 1944 and 1945).

So that being said, this has nothing to do with why we should or should not name Terror Grenadiers "SS Grenadiers". Maybe the SS are the most motivated, and maybe they had the most terror-inspiring attitude and equipment... but the mod doesn't make endorsements like that just to keep it open to all comers, much like the normal game of CoH.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 05:55:46 pm by Malevolence » Logged

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Rocksitter Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 06:04:19 pm »

My statement was not in support of calling the grenadiers anything just replying to big dick..

but i think this mod used the SS for one of the Doctrine paths look in the patch notes when the terror doc came out..
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 06:06:47 pm »

Grossdeutschland Division of the Heer actually got first pick of everything, they were also the best of the best.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 07:08:13 pm »

Grossdeutschland Division of the Heer actually got first pick of everything, they were also the best of the best.

zzz random unsourced contradiction zzz
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 07:50:28 pm »

SS weren't that much better than the Wehrmacht, they just got all the cool toys first.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 08:08:58 pm »

Back to the original topic of this thread:

I like the idea, but I would like it if they had a custom skin as well. Maybe knights cross holders uniforms with grenadier helmets. I know that SS wore the same uniforms in battle, but I think that it would look cooler with the KCH uniforms.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:10:44 pm by 3rdCondor » Logged

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
ImmanioEiR Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 03:52:55 am »

After all Terror doctorine is considered as a SS Doctorine anyway due to the cool toys they get (KT and V1) along with the superior infantry buffs.
Eh, I really don't see why this would make it "The SS doctrine"? I've certainly never thought of Terror as SS. The V1, of course, was never a tactical weapon, and fell under Luftwaffe jurisdiction. As for the KT, as far as I can tell from Wikipedia, KTs were assigned to 11 regular army and 3 SS units... As for "superior infantry buffs", that seems to be another strain of the "SS were in general better soldiers"-idea, which I've already stated I don't subscribe to.

The names of doctrine unlocks in the terror tree actually indicate a mish-mash of various units, in fact (just like CoH in general, really). "Hitler's Youth" - well, self-explanatory, really. Same with "Elite SS Units". "6th army remnants" - indicates Wehrmacht.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc