Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:32:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Def. Officer and Senior Officers  (Read 10196 times)
UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 12:02:26 pm »

some of you are getting off topic.

Honestly, you're now arguing that "He's called an officer, so he should affect more squads"? Would you be happier if they called him a "Feldwebel" or "Fähnrich" or some such? Seriously, arguing from semantics of (generic) title is even a step down from regular arguing from realism in my opinion. They could call him Susan for all I care. Let me emphasize the important word of my previous sentence:
Well, he's a defensive officer in the sense that his supervise is best suited to stationary units, like support weapons;
You're arguing that he's not really a defensive officer because he doesn't give survivability bonuses, I'm arguing that he is because he's well suited to boost stationary (defending) units, providing good synergy in a defensive company. The defensive officer was the first officer introduced in EiR (I'm not quite clear on the details, but I think he existed in EiR but wasn't doctrine restricted, and got doctrine restricted in EiR:R, thus at the same time Brit officers were implemented?). He's currently unique, and pretty nicely balanced in my opinion. Not everyone likes the way he plays, perhaps, but he's definitely useful for those who do. You want him to work in a completely different way, by dropping his uniqueness and mirroring him more closely to Brit officers, and I really don't see the need for this.

As I stated previously, I can see the point of making the offmap an upgrade, but I'd be a bit wary about it, because it might make him too spammable. It might be that the 9 pool cost is enough to prevent it. Still, I think it's safe to say it's part of his design that you don't have more than maybe 3 at most in a company, and no more than 1(-2) on at the same time.

Making him able to pick up dropped weapons probably wouldn't be too bad either.

The officer buffing stationary defensive units is completely fine by me. But he needs to be able to affect more than one squad for christ's sake. He is an officer, not a squad supervisor/leader

tank130:
oh noessss....I can't counter your big, unmovable anti tank gun with my much smaller, mobile, and cheaper anti tank gun.......
WTF... the horrors of imbalance.......
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 12:08:21 pm »

His bonuses and Tier position are way out of line for what you are proposing. If you want him to supervise more than one squad, sure, get the T3 unlock. The effectiveness and usefulness of the unlock is debatable.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 12:11:58 pm »

The T3 unlock is mediocre but makes you a HUGE arty target

the aura needs to be increased to at least 25m from the tiny 10m
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 12:13:57 pm »

The Lt aura makes you a huge arty target as well. Pretty much any Aura bonus makes something into an arty target.
UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 12:17:37 pm »

but 10m ffs.....

it makes you an f'in mine target.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 12:20:51 pm »

Lieutenant aura is 30 range though - and requires no doctrinal unlocks to be gained. The 10 range aura is indeed absolutely silly - might as well just keep on supervising one squad at a time. At least you won't be bunching your stuff together.

UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 12:22:57 pm »

Exactly what I'm trying to say. Why can't axis have a single real officer when the allys have several.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 12:30:20 pm »

maybe he can target two units from a distance with senior officers? so you click the ability, a circel appears, click on one unit inside the circel and then another one. (or 1st click the ability again and then target a second unit) all depends on how its made, if its possible..

another idea is that he can reveal a small circel in the FOW with his binoculars for spotting purposes. with a max range ofcourse.

edit: other idea

Senior officers
- Defensive officer gains double pistols  Shocked
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:35:58 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 01:32:36 pm »

maybe he can target two units from a distance with senior officers? so you click the ability, a circel appears, click on one unit inside the circel and then another one. (or 1st click the ability again and then target a second unit) all depends on how its made, if its possible..

another idea is that he can reveal a small circel in the FOW with his binoculars for spotting purposes. with a max range ofcourse.

edit: other idea

Senior officers
- Defensive officer gains double pistols  Shocked

I've an idea : make an new lieutenant for axis, the Leophone 's moving bofors ! It will pwn all the  ennemy units, and everybody (not the AB spammers mouaahah ) will be pleased !

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 01:35:16 pm »

how is a gliding bofors an lieutenant? and it would rape AB.

just... stop
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 01:52:21 pm »

I still say he needs to be made a regular officer, if his pistol is truly overpowered, then remove it and give him an MP40 or MP44.

As Allies I love fielding officers as they passively buff my guys.  And supervision while nice is just well... you take an officer for one squad, the T3 10m aura is a joke especially when it significantly nerfs the aura, I don't see any T3 nerfing a unit's original ability now.  If he's meant to be a 'captain' with arty, then I really ask for an 'axis lieutenant' to take with my mainline infantry that does an aura or something.  Less incoming accuracy or more accuracy or less damage, something.  As of now I run plenty of shreks and I rarely field officers due to their obscene arty cost (which is good but I want to run officers without it and rely on my army, not off-maps).

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 02:31:31 pm »

just... stop
I was just joking you know  Tongue
But in fact this joke made me think about something : why should infantry lieutenants ALWAYS be infantry ? What about a light vehicule command ?
That could be a vehicule like the PE scout car, which can secure sectors. When it secure, the area become green and it give bonus to the allies soldiers. When it become hot in the sector, you've just to make it move again and you save it.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 03:08:48 pm »

say hello to the munitions halftrack.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 04:19:43 pm »

just... stop
But in fact this joke made me think about something : why should infantry lieutenants ALWAYS be infantry ? What about a light vehicule command ?
That could be a vehicule like the PE scout car, which can secure sectors. When it secure, the area become green and it give bonus to the allies soldiers. When it become hot in the sector, you've just to make it move again and you save it.
Don't they already have something like that, Like the Cromwell Command Tank or the Hotchkiss Command Section Tank?
Or did you mean a tank that effects Infantry? If so, then I believe the Blitzkrieg have a doctrine choice that makes the tanks give off an aura which reduces Incoming accuracy or something along those lines...
In simple, I'm basically trying to say its been done to some extent Tongue

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 08:58:59 am »

say hello to the munitions halftrack.

Yes but for Whermacht, something like this.
Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2010, 09:02:33 am »

just... stop
Don't they already have something like that, Like the Cromwell Command Tank or the Hotchkiss Command Section Tank?
Or did you mean a tank that effects Infantry? If so, then I believe the Blitzkrieg have a doctrine choice that makes the tanks give off an aura which reduces Incoming accuracy or something along those lines...
In simple, I'm basically trying to say its been done to some extent Tongue

I think a tank would be too resistant. I see something like a half-track.
Wow, today I played with my def officer. He powned 4 engineers with his luger  Shocked
And he regain his life very quickly, def officers roxx
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2010, 09:21:01 am »

they're also great sniper killers.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2010, 09:22:34 am »

Ah, I'll test
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2010, 09:27:00 am »

Ah, I'll test

Yea he has increased detection radius, hard to use a sniper with a defensive officer around. And he can 1 hit kill a full hp sniper from long range too.
Hasek10 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2010, 10:35:49 am »

As a defensive player who is both nearing the Camo Equipment T4 and trying to make use of superior officers, I feel I should put my 2 cents in.

The officer is an excellent unit to have supporting a grenadier push, and if you somehow manage to pack enough squads together he gives a decent boost to their effectiveness when it comes to gunning down hordes of rifles or airborne with RRs. From my experience, the 10m radius provided by the T3 is tiny, but not unworkable. It could probably be increased to 15m or even 20 while still forcing enough clustering to make its use dangerous against howitzers and calliopes.

The other aspects of senior officers are relatively unnoticeable. The 10% suppression reduction might as well be 10% increased jelly bean production in Berlin for all the good it does. The only unit this really effects is the American 30 cal, as it does not have an instant suppression ability like the Vickers or BAR'd rifles. The cooldown reduction is a nice little bonus to stack with the supervision aura, despite the latter's tiny AOE.

If I was to make two suggestions to bring the officer up to parity with his allied counterparts, they would be these:

1. Increase the T3 supervision radius to 15m. A little wiggle room would be nice.

2. Allow the officer to cloak with the camouflage equipment T4. As one of the more passive T4s in the game, it could certainly use a little more utility than it currently has.

With a little extra utility from the T3/T4s that are supposed to synergize with the Defensive Officer, I think there might be a good reason for people to get something besides Flaks. ambush-capable double shrek squads with officer support could be an excellent AT option for defensive players who don't like the fragility of an 88.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:40:27 am by Hasek10 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc