Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:39:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Allies] Tank Inf Crush  (Read 32403 times)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« on: July 07, 2010, 02:55:05 pm »

note that i started recording a bit too late. read the description for what happend in detail.

storms move at the back to a new position. i am looking somewhere else. the m10 rushes in, and instantly kills 3 of the 4 storms. the mg could also shoot at the storms because the m10 granted sight. i could react just in time to RETREAT. while it was a tank destroyer running into a tank killer (like running a rifle squad into a kch squad)
old http://www.xfire.com/video/2ff6b0/
new http://www.xfire.com/video/2ff772/
storms are falling back from a brit blob rifles and sniper. 2 cromwells rush in with flank speed. storms stop right away but before they can even shoot i have to reteat. both squads dead.
old http://www.xfire.com/video/2ff6c0/
new http://www.xfire.com/video/2ff781/

another of my storm squad got attacked by a cromwell with flankspeed. but i just retreated that one coz i didnt wanted to lose even more vet.
basically all my storms (over 50% of my AT in my company) got killed by the stuff it is supposed to kill without doing any damage by..   crush.
this is happening all the time. this was simply an extreme case.

Suggestions:
remove human crush from m10. it is abused unwanted and unbalanced.

deactivate human crush from cromwells while using flank speed. flank speed is abused for crushing, but the cromwell itself is still AI so it should be able to crush in other cases.
remove human crush from cromwell command tank. do i need to say why?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:33:21 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 02:59:03 pm »

1st video was way to late to show anything worthwhile. why were the storms decloaked?

2nd video is just funny. you have a pair of storms nowhere near any help at all and they are decloaked... you say brit blob but I see a hurt rifle squad and two croms.

seriously, you use these two videos to propose a huge change?

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 03:01:51 pm »

lols, maybe you shouldn't have decloaked in range of my HMG to suppress you eh =)

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 03:04:42 pm »

What exactly are these videos are trying to show?

Stugs can crush suppressed rangers/airborne too, and two panzer IVs will easilly destroy two squads of airborne by running them over/shooting them.
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 03:07:39 pm »

The first video wasn't really clear to begin with and the second one I didn't see any British blob of doom, just some riflemen.

That said I agree with you on the changes, just these aren't exactly the best examples.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 03:08:14 pm »

i said the storms were moving to a new position. i said i started recording a bit too late. this BS happens all the time as i said. hmg range is bigger than sight. noboddy knew who was there until you rushed your tank destroyer into my schreckstorm. as i said.

Stugs can crush suppressed rangers/airborne too, and two panzer IVs will easilly destroy two squads of airborne by running them over/shooting them.
only stugs and p4s have to fight 6 man squads so the ab/rangers will still have guys left shooting the rear of the tank. stug and p4 are also ment for inf killing(not like m10) and has no flank speed(like cromwell) ab and rangers also have fireup to run away or get out of the supression.

il update videos :/
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 03:14:54 pm »

you just said stug is used to kill infantry and you're gonna continue this thread?

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 03:16:42 pm »

Leophone modifiers, is all I can say - as stuff like that nearly never happens to me or any of my friends. Check the HMG ranges yourself, LeoPhone - other than the HMG42 and the stationary wickers - you'll be hard-pressed to find HMGs with more than 35 range.

only stugs and p4s have to fight 6 man squads so the ab/rangers
A P4 needs 6 shots to kill a Ranger/AB squad. A Sherman/Crom needs 8 to kill a Storm squad(due to higher base health of stormtroopers allowing them to survive tank shots).

RRs have the exact same pen rear or back - they don't give a shit. Bazookas have retardedly low accuracy long range anyway - it's better to just shoot the rangers to death. They don't have cloak to bring the fight to you at short range anyway.

And P4 has 600 health(not like M10) and the StuG has extremely awesome armor and better gun accuracy vs infantry than M10(with the StuG not being meant for fighting infantry either). The StuG also has a super-awesome MG.
If we're going into comparing the tanks with the cromwell - cromwell doesn't have a skirts upgrade, which helps immensely vs handheld AT.

Storms have cloak, which allow their weapon of choise(Panzershrek) to be taken into close range without any danger whatsoever. If you get crushed when your storms are suppressed - then all I can say is NO SHIT DOC.

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 03:17:10 pm »

Well Leo, those were my cromwells and having just 1 cromwell vs 2 hidden storm squads = dead cromwell, hence why I brought two out to counter your storms.  Your storms were also uncloaked and hence why I rushed them both to force you to back off.  You also blobbed them together and not seperated, and the Croms didn't get both squads, those were my tetrachs in the back also that finished off the other squad since you guys left that side of the map very lightly defended.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 03:17:53 pm »

only stugs and p4s have to fight 6 man squads so the ab/rangers will still have guys left shooting the rear of the tank. stug and p4 are also ment for inf killing(not like m10) and has no flank speed(like cromwell) ab and rangers also have fireup to run away or get out of the supression.

il update videos :/

Suppressed AB/rangers ain't going to be much of anything. Also more members=easier to squish.

How is the stug meant for infantry killing?

Turning on fire up is an automatic death sentence against squishing.  Fire up turns off collision avoidance for infantry and it makes them all automatically run into the treads and die.  As for breaking suppression, storms have cloak to not get suppressed in the first place.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 03:20:39 pm »

Also the Cromwell gun is horrible against tanks.  I had one fight too where a Cromwell was killed while running from a full health ostwind cause my shots kept bouncing off the ostwind while his gun always penetrated my tank.

Answer to a cromwell? In this case support storms with a pak or medium tank from ally if there is more than one, that's why my croms pulled away instead of chasing as I was afraid of that whole field having paks in the back.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 03:30:48 pm »

just withdraw those videos. they only hurt your balance statement.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 03:31:23 pm »

a stug is used vs inf because it has a better gun than m10 vs inf. it has better armour than m10 vs inf it has mg vs inf while m10 has not it has skirts vs inf while m10 has not. understand?

dont tell me shermans need 8 shots to kill storms. my storms die to 2 cromwell/sherman shots (and 0 m10shots /flankspeed)

cloaking storms will just get you closer to the enemy tank(and cloak slows) so the enemy can crush you even faster!

fireup is good because if my storms had fireup, they could have ran away from the tanks before they would have been even near.
dont even try to suggest crushing 6 is easier than 4.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 03:35:54 pm »

a stug is used vs inf because it has a better gun than m10 vs inf. it has better armour than m10 vs inf it has mg vs inf while m10 has not it has skirts vs inf while m10 has not. understand?
So the stug is better in every way against infantry. Hey, it costs less than the M10 too - let's nerf the StuG.

dont tell me shermans need 8 shots to kill storms. my storms die to 2 cromwell/sherman shots (and 0 m10shots /flankspeed)
L2Use storms? You need 2 shots to kill a single 95 HP stormtrooper with a sherman - that is, if you're lucky enough to shoot just once after the stormie quad-shrek alpha-strike.

cloaking storms will just get you closer to the enemy tank(and cloak slows) so the enemy can crush you even faster!
Fine, use panzershreks vs tanks at long range. Don't tell me I didn't warn you it's a pretty damn fail tactic.

fireup is good because if my storms had fireup, they could have ran away from the tanks before they would have been even near.
dont even try to suggest crushing 6 is easier than 4.

If the old lady had wheels we'd have a shopping cart.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 03:37:27 pm »

2 p4 are more expensive than cromwels...2 storms 650mn ,2 airborne 360mn? hmmm Roll Eyes
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 03:39:37 pm »

Also note the Cromwell has a shittier gun than the P4, and no skirts.  A p4 will hands down rape a cromwell in a frontal fight, while costing very close in terms of fuel.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 03:40:08 pm »

2 Airborne also won't instagib your tank out of nowhere. 2 storms will.

And P4s are only marginally more expensive than Cromwells - while being in nearly every single way better.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 03:40:48 pm »

yea..8 shots to kill storms...hardly,usually 2 shots,storms are around 50% of health ,and 1 is dead already,2 more shots...and you are or dead or have to run/retreat...I fought so many shermans with storms,and in neither case,could they survive 8 shots from them...
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 03:44:11 pm »

Wait, so his videos are to show that you can run over suppressed infantry with a tank? ANY TANK CAN DO THAT LEOPHONE!

You could do that with a KT! Nerf the KTs speed!!

Really, stop bunching up, don't run around uncloaked in range of HMGs, etc.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 03:50:53 pm »

So the stug is better in every way against infantry. Hey, it costs less than the M10 too - let's nerf the StuG.
only it costs munitions, is slower and m10 beats stug?

L2Use storms? You need 2 shots to kill a single 95 HP stormtrooper with a sherman - that is, if you're lucky enough to shoot just once after the stormie quad-shrek alpha-strike.
http://www.xfire.com/video/2bc3d6/

Fine, use panzershreks vs tanks at long range. Don't tell me I didn't warn you it's a pretty damn fail tactic.
then they still die to crush. but slower.

Wait, so his videos are to show that you can run over suppressed infantry with a tank? ANY TANK CAN DO THAT LEOPHONE!

You could do that with a KT! Nerf the KTs speed!!

Really, stop bunching up, don't run around uncloaked in range of HMGs, etc.
it shows m10 is really good at doing this because of its speed.
the other video shows how retarded flank speed is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc