Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 01:20:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WW2 Has so many Plot Holes...  (Read 28825 times)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« on: July 17, 2010, 10:34:49 am »

I mean, seriously.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
SX23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 12:29:24 pm »

Lol.
Two things on that: First, remember, Victor's write history. We continuously heard about the 6 millions jews that died. What about the 10 millions germans civilians that died into horrendous allied bombardment of civilians centers?
2nd: Babylon 5 is indeed the best show I ever saw. Smiley

With Courage shall we Rise,
With Might shall we Fight,
With Glory shall we Stand,
With Honor shall we Falter,
For the Fatherland shall we Prevail.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 02:24:49 pm »

and people dont talk much about the millions of german women that were raped by the angry russians when they hit germany, or the millions of russian citizens that were just slaughtered cuz they were russian when they welcomed the germans in with open arms. they also dont talk about the thousands of mentally challenged people, blacks, asians, anybody not Aryan that were killed in Germany or fled either.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 02:45:04 pm »

Satire is srs bsns apparently...
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 02:56:10 pm »

And noone talks about when russ*cough* The Great Soviet Union invaded Finland weakening both militaries greatly helping hitler in his offencive through whats east of his territory huh?

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 05:35:38 pm »

That was god damn funny.

And Babylon 5 definitely was the best show ever. ...After the Twilight Zone that is.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 08:25:50 pm »

all races tyms, not just blacks and asians Angry

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 08:32:31 pm »

and people dont talk much about the millions of german women that were raped by the angry russians when they hit germany, or the millions of russian citizens that were just slaughtered cuz they were russian when they welcomed the germans in with open arms. they also dont talk about the thousands of mentally challenged people, blacks, asians, anybody not Aryan that were killed in Germany or fled either.

We also don't talk much about the internment camps in the US for Asian American citizens because we thought they might be spies, or how the government sold off their property to help fund the war.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 08:35:38 pm »

I saw a black Nazi in the first Medal of Honor game. So it's gotta be true right?

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 09:16:45 pm »

We also don't talk much about the internment camps in the US for Asian American citizens because we thought they might be spies, or how the government sold off their property to help fund the war.

And even less about how Canada did the exact same thing

Or even less about how Britain, Canada and the US were all approached by Hitler who asked us to accept all the Jews from Germany, and we all said no...

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 09:30:54 pm »

Well, originally we thought about putting them in Alaska, but nobody here wanted that, Canada included. So they got Israel.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 10:09:57 pm »

Well, originally we thought about putting them in Alaska, but nobody here wanted that, Canada included. So they got Israel.

I meant just before WW2, before Israel was created.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 12:44:52 am »

Does any of you know ANY country that fought TOGETHER with the Axis during WW2 but NEVER got occupied by a foreign Army?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
ImmanioEiR Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 02:15:36 pm »

What about the 10 millions germans civilians that died into horrendous allied bombardment of civilians centers?
I really do hope your joking here. If not, where the hell did you pull that bullshit number out of?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2010, 03:44:07 pm »

I really do hope your joking here. If not, where the hell did you pull that bullshit number out of?

Probably not... the allies probably recorded maybe 10k civilians killed, but the numbers could easily be 10 mil in truth. A little data deleted here, and there and poof your supporters feel a whole lot better about that bombing run on that military base. And to be honest its not exactly the first time stuff like that.

Same stuff happened in the Famine of 1932-33 Russia reported a small percentage while its enemies said a much higher one.

Also mention the huge disagreement about the Native population in North America prior to the trail of tears. I have heard some people claim 10 000 tribes and a 100 000 000 people, while the most pro-american/british experts claim about a 100 tribes existed with 1 mill people. What we do know is that there were relatively few survivors

Although the biggest lesson i learned about taking two opposite numerical reports on historical things the number is somewhere in the middle.

(Just to note, this is massively embarrassing information NO government would want it to get out if it is true, while amazing propaganda for its enemies who want to make it seem true even if its not. So unfortunately there is often no way to know the truth about such numbers)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 04:21:00 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
ImmanioEiR Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 04:10:41 pm »

People did die in the Allied bombing raids. Lots of people. Hundreds of thousands. But that's still not 10 million, and nowhere near the amount of people killed in concentration camps. In fact, the number of casualties of strategic bombing were not too far away from the number of Germans (including German jews) who were killed in the camps.  Even David Irving didn't claim any numbers anywhere near that, and he put a lot of effort into inflating those numbers. 10 million is more than the total amount of Germans that died during the war, including the soldiers.

I like to put it this way: Stalin was an evil, ruthless, horrible bastard. The best way to describe just how bad Hitler (and Nazi Germany) was, is that he managed to make Stalin one of the good guys in comparison.

The Eastern Front in particular was brutal, with both sides committing atrocities (and yes, in my experience people do talk about the people killed, raped and displaced by the Soviet troops).  A lot can be said about the individual people on all sides, but nothing can defend what the Nazi regime did, and nothing compares to it. WWII is something very rare: A war where you can in fact paint one side as the bad guys with some accuracy. I really, sincerely, and firmly hope that no one here is naive enough to think otherwise.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 05:39:59 pm »

People did die in the Allied bombing raids. Lots of people. Hundreds of thousands. But that's still not 10 million, and nowhere near the amount of people killed in concentration camps. In fact, the number of casualties of strategic bombing were not too far away from the number of Germans (including German jews) who were killed in the camps.  Even David Irving didn't claim any numbers anywhere near that, and he put a lot of effort into inflating those numbers. 10 million is more than the total amount of Germans that died during the war, including the soldiers.

I like to put it this way: Stalin was an evil, ruthless, horrible bastard. The best way to describe just how bad Hitler (and Nazi Germany) was, is that he managed to make Stalin one of the good guys in comparison.

The Eastern Front in particular was brutal, with both sides committing atrocities (and yes, in my experience people do talk about the people killed, raped and displaced by the Soviet troops).  A lot can be said about the individual people on all sides, but nothing can defend what the Nazi regime did, and nothing compares to it. WWII is something very rare: A war where you can in fact paint one side as the bad guys with some accuracy. I really, sincerely, and firmly hope that no one here is naive enough to think otherwise.

Normally i hate to quote wikipedia but this is well documented, but their quote for germany civilian deaths is between 700 000 - 2.2 mil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Once again as this is sources acquired from Allied countries it is not unimaginable for the civilian deaths they caused to be downplayed, while their own civilian deaths to be played up.

Also the numbers are from germany's borders which says nothing about the interior where there are higher concentration of civilians and military facilities where allied bombing runs would be heavier
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 05:42:47 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
salan2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 12:19:42 am »

wasn't dresdon (spelling.. meh) itself in the few hundred k when they firebombed it and caused such an inferno that it had mini tornado's in the center..

This is my work posting account, i dont' remember the password to my main account and its automatically logged in at home.. So.. I use this one when at work.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 12:24:48 am »

wasn't dresdon (spelling.. meh) itself in the few hundred k when they firebombed it and caused such an inferno that it had mini tornado's in the center..

Yeah, pretty much how it was explained to me for visual effect was, make a miniature city put it into a blast furnace and watch what happens.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 12:26:21 am »

Dresden actually had this awesome church in the centre of it, and the allied pilots were not allowed to bomb it due to cultural and religious value. Amazingly, it wasn't hit by a single bomb, yet it collapsed from the sheer heat of the surrounding burning buildings.

I'm pretty certain heat like that could suffocate and severely scald anyone unlucky enough to be on the streets, even if they don't get hit by a blast from a bomb.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc