Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 01:31:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WW2 Has so many Plot Holes...  (Read 28861 times)
CubanLynx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2010, 02:06:17 pm »

If god were perfect and abhors sin why did he create Lucifer?

He created Lucifer the greatest angel. He gave the angels a test/choice. Lucifer chose to fight God of his own free will, Lucifer became evil. Evil is not a created thing it is the absence of good. Just like darkness is not something it is the absence of light.
CubanLynx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2010, 02:10:00 pm »

Yes, because you'll have a very easy time building churches and decorating them while you and your followers are being thrown into the colloseum or turend to slaves.

Cite the record, please.
Especially the 10 percent tax you had to pay in the middle ages? Or all the taxes you pay if you want to hold Sermons, Weddings or Mass for your deceased relatives?

Yes, because clearly Rome was doing fine when it split into two(and later on Western Rome fell). And of course, you were quite free to be Pagan after the abolition of all other religions other than Christianity by Theodosius. Your logic astounds me.
Seeing as pretty much only The Holy Roman Empire was properly Christian, with any copies of the bible(books were too expensive to give to missionairies going abroad) - the HRE didn't NEED to cover all of Europe.

Building CHurches?Huh Please do not insult my forefathers, they died for the religion that you have based your own off.

The Church was founded by Christ when he said "You are Peter and on this rock I build my Church"

The first Churches were in Greece and Asia Minor. No HRE missionaries there.

The payment is called a stipend at it is for the cost of the things sued at the mass. It is optional by the way.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2010, 02:11:07 pm »

He created Lucifer the greatest angel. He gave the angels a test/choice. Lucifer chose to fight God of his own free will, Lucifer became evil. Evil is not a created thing it is the absence of good. Just like darkness is not something it is the absence of light.

God created light, darkness has always been there long before light even existed.

Building CHurches?Huh Please do not insult my forefathers, they died for the religion that you have based your own off.

The Church was founded by Christ when he said "You are Peter and on this rock I build my Church"

The first Churches were in Greece and Asia Minor. No HRE missionaries there.

The payment is called a stipend at it is for the cost of the things sued at the mass. It is optional by the way.

First the Church in Greece was only established by the destruction of the Old Temples

and Second if you don't pay the stipend you get kicked out and shamed

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
CubanLynx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2010, 02:11:40 pm »

God created light, darkness has always been there long before light even existed.

Thats like say nothing is something
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:26:13 pm by CubanLynx » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2010, 02:11:52 pm »

Actually, Evil requires you to be actively evil to accomplish. It's not the absence of anything. The absence of good or evil is apathy basically.

If God is perfect, and omniscient, then God knew what would happen before he made them. Also, Angels were not supposed to have free will, that was the domain of man post apple. Free will cannot exist if you are unable to choose what you do, and with forced innocence man would be nothing more than a pet.

So what we have is a God that knows what is going to happen, but thinks it will be amusing (otherwise his all powerful self could have just smote Lucifer, like he does to countless humans for doing much less) and wants to keep mankind as an unaware and placid pet in his little terrarium (the Garden of Eden).

Second subject: Really Cuban? It's that hard to understand? Men are physically superior in terms of strength and endurance, also our peripheral vision has a wider viewing field, we can actually see well behind our own eyes. Women being gatherers has more to do with them having the food source for children, so a more passive, not hunting things that will kill your babies approach is much more practical.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:15:26 pm by AmPM » Logged

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2010, 02:13:50 pm »

Actually, Evil requires you to be actively evil to accomplish. It's not the absence of anything. The absence of good or evil is apathy basically.

If God is perfect, and omniscient, then God knew what would happen before he made them. Also, Angels were not supposed to have free will, that was the domain of man post apple. Free will cannot exist if you are unable to choose what you do, and with forced innocence man would be nothing more than a pet.

So what we have is a God that knows what is going to happen, but thinks it will be amusing (otherwise his all powerful self could have just smote Lucifer, like he does to countless humans for doing much less) and wants to keep mankind as an unaware and placid pet in his little terrarium (the Garden of Eden).

Pretty much if you look at it one way, Respect women because without her and Lucifer we would still be Gods mindless slaves
CubanLynx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2010, 02:17:52 pm »

If I sit there and watch a man starve to death am I not doing evil and nothing at the same time?

HIs omniscient, omnipotent and omnibenevolent. Angels have free will, the test traditional is that they they were allowed to realise that they would have to kneel down to mary a human being as queen of heaven and earth. Lucifer refused and commited the first sin Pride which is the root of all evil. Becuase they have powerful intellects and knew what they were doing they cannot go back on the choices they made it would be unkust to thsoe who chose right.

God does not destroy what he has created, men die their souls do not.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:20:37 pm by CubanLynx » Logged
CubanLynx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2010, 02:20:08 pm »

Second subject: Really Cuban? It's that hard to understand? Men are physically superior in terms of strength and endurance, also our peripheral vision has a wider viewing field, we can actually see well behind our own eyes. Women being gatherers has more to do with them having the food source for children, so a more passive, not hunting things that will kill your babies approach is much more practical.

Exactly women are better suited to one role and men to another. You send the mechanic to fix a car and a nurse to care for a patient. It would be illogical to switch it around.
CubanLynx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2010, 02:23:56 pm »

First the Church in Greece was only established by the destruction of the Old Temples

and Second if you don't pay the stipend you get kicked out and shamed

You don't get kicked out, you do get shamed. If people know you can pay and you refuse too then you are just being greedy. Therfore people are ashamed of you.

The Acts of the Apostles show that the Churches were set up right after the descent of the Holy Spirit. THey went outside and preached to a crowd of people who all converted.

I like how everyone is keeping silent about their religions so that I can't show the flaws in their beliefs.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2010, 02:24:26 pm »

Joan of Arc was Catholic
So? Why did the same Catholics burn her only to name her a Saint a few years later then? Logic flaw.

and spartan I say Catholic to refer to the Church because it is the only Church which can claim to have an unbroken line of apostolic succesion.
Doesn't mean anything - logical flaw. You use an assumption(opinion) to base another assumption(opinion).

Christ teached his apolstles so that they could teach. Surely if Mary was perfect she would have taught, yet she did not. She lived quietly in St John's home.
So, if the apostoles were all perfect - what the hell was Judas doing? I think we're going against our own words there now.

Faith is not an emotion it is an act of the will, you an I can both chose to belive different things we don't feel like believing different things. Would my body really feel like believing that I should not eat everything I fell like or sleep as much as I should. I can want to believe that 2+2 = 5, I do not feel that belief.
That was something SO absolutely irrational and so without any trace of consistency that I had to read it 5 times and I STILL didn't understand what you mean.

It called the principle of double effect,  is it evil for me to steal from a rich man to feed orphans? No, the good outwieghs the bad. This is the same for heretics as I explained.
You didn't explain anything. And go steal from a rich man to feed orphans, then go to the police and tell them what you did. Let's see what happens, aye?

Precedence means everything. It is the same in courts of law. Have you not heard of cases being called a precedent?

And precedence, just like the jury system is a relict of medieval times as well. And, what do you know - the jury system is already abolished in most countries around the world, with it being shaky in the USA as well. I don't think it'll take long to abolish precedence as a logical flaw that it is, either - particularly mostly because no two cases are absolutely the same, thusly not everything can be applied in the exact same manner.

So if Jimmy tells you he jumped off a cliff and didn't die, you'll go do it as well because precedence dictates you'll survive as well? Yeah, I'll go call 911 in advance just for you, alright?

Religion is also not FACT - it's entirely BELIEF. Belief is NOT in any way related to fact. You can believe 2+2=5 all you like - it won't make it true.

IF this is the case how did it all start? Why all over the world do men and women hold the same roles? Even in deepest darkest africa men are hunters women are mothers.

Pretty sure that's to do with all people coming from the same part of the world, thusly keeping the same social hierarchy for quite some time.

And to answer your question - I was christened a Catholic when I was born, but I've not believed in the faith at all since I was like... 10? Came after I realised the numerous loopholes within the faith and after I realised I don't need to fear eternal punishment just to be a good person.

And I also think you don't know your history very well. The HRE didn't yet exist in 96 AD, which you claim to be the year the world already had a Pope.

Also, there is no evidence whatsoever that whatever is written in the Bible is actually true.

If you watch someone starve to death - you're actively ignoring your human instinct to help the man. Which would mean yes - you're actively doing evil AND doing something - which is ignoring another man's plight.

Oh, so you're saying the whole thing about the 7 mortal sins and them destroying the soul is, in fact, proof of God never destroying what he created?

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2010, 02:26:27 pm »

So what does that have to do with now? I serve beside female soldiers that are just as good as the males. Just because they can't fight as well physically with their fists means shit when they shoot Expert and pass their PT in the 250+ range.

Women can work on a car just as well as any man, neither of you are physically going to lift that engine out without machines.

Male nurses can administer drugs and aid as well as a woman.

I don't see your point.

Also.

"If I sit there and watch a man starve to death am I not doing evil and nothing at the same time? " from your post. Does this apply to God watching people starve to death all over the world? Or how about innocent people killed in car accidents? All these things he could change. All pain and suffering could be removed. He must be evil.

And yes, because you made a choice to sit there and stare knowing what would happen. Apathy, the act of not caring either way, does not exist short of sociopaths in this example.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2010, 02:26:34 pm »

Exactly women are better suited to one role and men to another. You send the mechanic to fix a car and a nurse to care for a patient. It would be illogical to switch it around.

Not if the Nurse is also a mechanic, need we take into account the multitudes of female oriented tribes who were more then equal to the men in the battlefield
CubanLynx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2010, 02:27:49 pm »

Ok hold up the replies at let me type out my response
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2010, 02:28:54 pm »

Oh and cuban, as to Quantum Physics 2+2 can = 5
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2010, 02:30:46 pm »

Really spartan? I only know how to prove that :
2+2=10
2+2=11
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2010, 02:32:19 pm »

Really spartan? I only know how to prove that :
2+2=10
2+2=11

I don't know a friend who is in Quantum Physics who showed it to me once
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2010, 02:33:06 pm »

Man, I think we had that discussion in school but we managed to disprove the theory somehow...

But I can still prove 2+2=10 and that 2+2=11 Tongue.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2010, 02:42:50 pm »

Also, spartan, Ampm - I exceeded my PM limit for the hour atm, sorry that I'm not coresponding there any more Tongue
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2010, 02:43:45 pm »

Also, spartan, Ampm - I exceeded my PM limit for the hour atm, sorry that I'm not coresponding there any more Tongue

lol no problem
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2010, 02:45:37 pm »

I sent you an e-mail. Yes, I'm that nosy Cheesy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc