Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:47:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [cw]2inch mortar  (Read 3078 times)
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« on: July 21, 2010, 02:04:41 pm »

This thing is too weak on the attack. it's vaguely-useful if I'm on the defensive with the 2inch sitting behind a shot blocker lobbing shell, but I found it severely lacking if I'm trying to knock out an mg42/pak/81mm with it. It's too inaccurate and too low damage to reliability knock out the weapon crew. Even worst the 2inch is close enough for the axis to respond with their own mortar or just counter-attack.

The brit needs a mortar that's useful on the attack. The 2inch just doesn't cut it.  

As for the 2inch itself. I think it should be changed so that it fires like a PIAT/rifle nade. The low arc and shot phaser would make it much more powerful.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:08:02 pm by Firesparks » Logged

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 02:17:17 pm »

Its fine. It has a higher rof and more range than the american mortar. It has the same damage as the ami mortar as well maybe a bit less/more by like 5 if i remember. i have to check corsix but i have a vet 2 2in and there's several vetted ones out there. They're best when you let them fire tbh, their barrage makes them worse.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 02:22:23 pm »

Its fine. It has a higher rof and more range than the american mortar. It has the same damage as the ami mortar as well maybe a bit less/more by like 5 if i remember. i have to check corsix but i have a vet 2 2in and there's several vetted ones out there. They're best when you let them fire tbh, their barrage makes them worse.
10 less range, 10 less damage than the ami 60mm.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 02:24:46 pm »

The dmg tables are less then the American mortar but it deals a higher suppression level. Ideally if it had no setup/teardown(or miniscule) timer it'd perform better but I run 3 in my company. I just couldn;t fit anything else if I had to pay normal mortar costs.

I'm also a firm believer that every mortar in the game deserves access to smoke barrage. PE/Brits included.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 05:01:14 pm »

10 less range, 10 less damage than the ami 60mm.

maybe the damage is less but the range i dont know, it seems like it's farther to me. It's also how you use it u know, like i said it's best used as a support weapon (which it is...) rather than an attack weapon. I like having one with my infantry just firing away. I"ve also got access to mortar pit, which pretty much rapes any other mortar and rapes infantry
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 08:06:11 pm »

maybe the damage is less but the range i dont know, it seems like it's farther to me. It's also how you use it u know, like i said it's best used as a support weapon (which it is...) rather than an attack weapon. I like having one with my infantry just firing away. I"ve also got access to mortar pit, which pretty much rapes any other mortar and rapes infantry
Maybe you don't need an attack mortar since you're already RCA, but I'm rolling engineer and the lack of a good mortar hurts.
Commandos have the 3inch but that's only a glorified 60mm, and it's t2 unlocks.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 08:25:09 pm »

Not to mention it fires like 4x faster then other mortars

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 10:14:56 pm »

Maybe you don't need an attack mortar since you're already RCA, but I'm rolling engineer and the lack of a good mortar hurts.
Commandos have the 3inch but that's only a glorified 60mm, and it's t2 unlocks.

then get that, dont ask for the mortar to be changed. They try their best to not mirror weapons. The 2inch has a faster barrage rate than any other mortar, that's its strength, I've taken down many Wehr mortars before they can even get a 2nd shot off at me because i put down 3-4 shots and then moved.

It's unfair for you to get mad about a mortar, that because you can't use it like other mortars you say needs to be changed. We've had this fuss about the ami mortar vs the wehr mortar b4.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 10:54:33 pm »

then get that, dont ask for the mortar to be changed. They try their best to not mirror weapons. The 2inch has a faster barrage rate than any other mortar, that's its strength, I've taken down many Wehr mortars before they can even get a 2nd shot off at me because i put down 3-4 shots and then moved.

It's unfair for you to get mad about a mortar, that because you can't use it like other mortars you say needs to be changed. We've had this fuss about the ami mortar vs the wehr mortar b4.
If the churchill is immune to atg fire then I wouldn't ask. Even the Jp/tiger/Kt have to respect atg. Churchill simplying can't do all your offensive operation. Churchill probably have the weakest artillery in the game considering they receive no buff to their 2inch or 25 pdr.

The american is far more offensive oriented than the british, and even then the american still have to use the 60mm to break siege.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 12:16:00 pm »

btw, just looked up the 2inch, it's actually stronger than the 60mm. It does 22 dmg with a 2x vs all infantry types, so that's a total of 44. That's when it barrages, when it just fires it's 15 but it has a faster rof, which is just awkward but meh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc