Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:40:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: what do you prefer
fighting high levels .
fighting people your same level.
doesnt matter.
what?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matchmaking system  (Read 9288 times)
scoopdjm Offline
EIR Regular

« on: July 23, 2010, 01:44:57 pm »

guys i think we should implement a matchmaking system, i mean aren't you fed up with retarded noob advantages that don't help? vet 3 everything while you have precious few vet 2s? and high level players that have all round better advantages than you?

(please don't bother to even look if your 7 or above)
it may be fun to stomp noobs as a level 9 god but for levels 1-5 it's a bad experience.

i think this could be implemented in a xp difference limitation every player has to be in say 300xp of eachother.

our current system doesn't do much to help prevent unfairness to new or low ranking players.

EDIT: i know this may seem liek a rant to some of you out there but i implore you to atleast think about it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 01:48:30 pm by scoopdjm » Logged

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 01:47:50 pm »

We don't have nearly enough players for this. Also, the level of company has much less to do with it than the skill of the players involved.

You will still get stomped by well put together level 1-3 players working together. Get over it.

scoopdjm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 01:51:23 pm »

We don't have nearly enough players for this. Also, the level of company has much less to do with it than the skill of the players involved.

You will still get stomped by well put together level 1-3 players working together. Get over it.

ok, thats true but a well put together team of lvl 1-3 players vs a well put together team of level 7-9 players is very off balance regardless of skill.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 01:52:37 pm »

What are you saying regardless of skill? A well put together team that consists of noobs doesn't exist.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
scoopdjm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 01:54:13 pm »

A well put together team that consists of noobs doesn't exist.

thank you what im sayin is that noobish/ low level palyers have trouble beating very much higher level players
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 01:54:54 pm »

We tried something similar to this once. Nobody wanted to play with new players....ever. Unless they were grinding up a new company, then the new players still got stomped.

It just doesn't work.

thank you what im sayin is that noobish/ low level palyers have trouble beating very much higher level players

So what you are saying is that in an MMORTS the higher levels have advantages over lower level companies, sorta like how a high level character in an MMO is better than a low level character?
scoopdjm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 01:56:20 pm »

im just saying it's rather frustrating to get stomped continually by level 7-9 players
We tried something similar to this once. Nobody wanted to play with new players....ever. Unless they were grinding up a new company, then the new players still got stomped.

It just doesn't work.

So what you are saying is that in an MMORTS the higher levels have advantages over lower level companies, sorta like how a high level character in an MMO is better than a low level character?
exactly would you dual a level 80 with a level 1 in wow/eve/etc.?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 01:57:59 pm by scoopdjm » Logged
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 01:59:42 pm »

im just saying it's rather frustrating to get stomped continually by level 7-9 playersexactly would you dual a level 80 with a level 1 in wow/eve/etc.?

you don't get it...

normally the players who are 7-9 would still beat you if they were level 1. they are just better players overall. the edge from levels is not that big.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
scoopdjm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 02:00:43 pm »

they have more experience, by far, but isn't there something we can do to make it fair for everyone?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 02:00:45 pm »

In EvE its easy to kill older characters with a bit of skill and wit. I experimented with this and made a new toon a while back. Needless to say it was a blast, and I made a lot of money ransoming people in my Incursus and Celestis.

Anyway, the level spread is nowhere near level 1-80 in power level here. More like level 30-40. There is very little direct power progression in many of the doctrines, AB being the only huge growth.

Again, the problem is lack of numbers in the community.

Long ago they put in some anti-stomp features, basically you would get nothing for playing against low level accounts. So what happened? Most people either refused to play lowbies, or made smurfs to grief other players with on low level accounts. Griefing sucks, it sucks more when you don't even get PP from the game to replenish your vet losses.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:02:30 pm by AmPM » Logged
scoopdjm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 02:02:56 pm »

1. you play EVE? it's really fun isn't it (kinda hard though)

2. i see what your getting at (to little of a gap?)

so we should just get better? (lol i wish)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 02:09:42 pm »

Been playing EvE for 7 years. Not too active anymore since I've done everything already.

Yea, get better =p All the tools you need to win are there when you first make your company.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 03:34:34 pm »

Been playing EvE for 7 years. Not too active anymore since I've done everything already.

Yea, get better =p All the tools you need to win are there when you first make your company.

The biggest problem is that people find a way that works a couple of time, get lazy and when a new strategy comes along and rolls them, they cry OP instead of just putting 2 brain cells together and realizing that everything has a counter.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 03:40:55 pm »

you don't get it...

normally the players who are 7-9 would still beat you if they were level 1. they are just better players overall. the edge from levels is not that big.

I don't totally agree with you ... So yes, someone like Mystalin or EliteGren will beat me whatever I'm level 9 and them 1... But I see people playing a lot, which gain lvl 9 really quickly. So they aren't as skilled as  the veteran, and they still win because they have tiger/off-maps/stomp infantry and lots of vet + doctrines buff... I know we cannot do a lot of things, we can just hope there will be more players with the warmap.

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 03:45:13 pm »

A matchup system isnt on the cards at all.

The closest we will get is the three tiered anonymous system:
Three options:
-Fight in a set team vs a set team
Randomly picked from teams available, chosen beforehand.

-Fight in a set team vs 'fill-ins'
Randomly picked from teams for one side,
the other from fill-ins and teams that have 'fill-in' chosen.

-Fight in a fill-in match
All players are chosen and placed in the match when the system can find enough people.

In this system, new players are shielded from stomps by the sheer fact that they have NOT clicked 'Fill-in for a set team' option.  If they do, all bets are off - and they more than likely will face a team (if available).

This anonymous system would dramatically reduce stomping (well, *intentional* stomping anyway) and promote more random games.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 04:07:52 pm »

Should be good, I feel there will be a lot of set teams vs fill in =)

Any chance we can get back a reason to play Attack/Defend games? Haven't played a real on in ages (games that come up during Engagement don't count, everyone has a company built for engagement and reinforcements already)

That is the one thing I miss most from EIR, set attack/defend times and the way wars played out.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 04:16:47 pm »

Warmap pretty much forces you to play Attack/Defend
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 04:57:18 pm »

Should be good, I feel there will be a lot of set teams vs fill in =)
Yeah, but itd pick from team vs team first - so youd have teams of anti-stackers Wink
Dont tell me you dont like stomping the stompers!

Any chance we can get back a reason to play Attack/Defend games? Haven't played a real on in ages (games that come up during Engagement don't count, everyone has a company built for engagement and reinforcements already)

That is the one thing I miss most from EIR, set attack/defend times and the way wars played out.
This is planned - there will be a middle ground, where R+/ME are the more likely, but on each 'end' of the momentum scale will be Att/Def games again.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 07:41:57 pm »

do accounts carry multiple factions/doctrines?
Because it would be nice for the only auto match to pick any of your accounts randomly. (or to fill in the needed slots on both sides)

that way no more axis/allies fanboism. you wanna play? then take the risk you wont be playing your Auberon(lolz firefox corrected uberpro for me) account.

P.S.
Google define: Auberon
Auberon, is a character who appears primarily in DC Comics' adult-oriented Vertigo line. He is inspired by (and implied to be the same character as) the faerie king Oberon from William Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream.
wtf firefox?Huh?
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 09:25:58 pm »

do accounts carry multiple factions/doctrines?
Because it would be nice for the only auto match to pick any of your accounts randomly. (or to fill in the needed slots on both sides)
Not for this proposed system no.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc