Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:54:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starcraft 2  (Read 19844 times)
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2010, 11:27:28 pm »

Yay so if I get to Platinum or higher as Zerg then I can say my e-peen is huge cause I have really good game sense hehe.
You couldn't even get to Platinum as Terran noob

fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2010, 11:29:49 pm »

i never bought the game, is it worth it? Smiley

For me yes it is.  Plus if you ever get bored of the actual gameplay of SC2 (I don't see how you ever could though) there are endless amounts of User Map Settings maps and even a Worldbuilder and probably a bunch of other stuff you can play around with.  Plus the single player is absolutely amazing.

I've been sitting at the top of my division in Gold for a while now.  I just don't have time to spam games to get myself over the hump.  Also I haven't had my monthly helping of David to help me get to that magical place.

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2010, 11:47:24 pm »

i never bought the game, is it worth it? Smiley

Absolutely. The campaign is brilliant, a lot of the bad battle.net 2.0 interface problems apparently have a fix coming down the pipe (chatrooms for one), but even barring those it's pretty good, the basic multiplayer component is brilliant, and by buying Starcraft 2 you also buy a lifetime supply of EVERY NES GAME EVER MADE recreated in the map editor for your amusement. Worth 100 dollars even in my opinion, much less 60.

Free wallpaper for all our Platinum League Powerhouses out there Grin
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:23:19 am by Malevolence » Logged

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2010, 06:45:39 pm »

Someone gave me a free trial code for this. Will have to check it out, wonder how much I will like the multiplayer, since I've never played SC...ever...so going into a game that people have been playing for like 10years will be scary Sad

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2010, 06:53:02 pm »

Yay for protoss and terran, down with the bugs

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2010, 08:02:21 pm »

Right, guys, I need help, what is the best "entry" level race? What's a good BO for the race? And can someone send me a good VideoCast of a game being played, better still if the guy talking about it is doing it for noobs Smiley
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2010, 08:15:38 pm »

Mittens
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154

Day[9]'s thread on TL.net.

Stream is for when he is live and Archives is for when he isn't. Not sure how far back the SC2 archives go. but he is about the most helpfull educational source for anything Starcraft, and he's funny.

He played BW on a pro level when he was younger and he knows what he is talking about.

Also so there is no Noob race. Zerg is probably the most fundamentally different then what you get in most RTS's

Terran and protoss are pretty similar for mechaincs, and more in line with traditional races in RTS's
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:23:06 pm by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2010, 08:23:42 pm »

<3
Will check that out when I get home Cheesy
Hopefully it will help me out, since like I said, I don't have a clue how to play this game. I'm actually really scared about going online because I can see myself getting wiped across the map pretty hard Sad
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2010, 08:48:41 pm »

Also, if you can, try going to Teamliquid and watch the GOMtv GSL tournament when it goes live (the low-quality stream is free).

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=150037

Every single player in that tournament is top-class (first place prize is 85k USD, so there was a ton of competition), and their english commentator, Tasteless, is Day[9]'s brother.

For Zerg play, I'd suggest watching some of Idra's stuff.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:50:28 pm by acker » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2010, 08:59:02 pm »

Depends on style. Idra is a very passive mechanics player. He doesn't do well with harassment or changing situations, but give him a build order/script to macro off of and he'll win matches. Where as a Zerg like Madfrog is alot more aggressive and in your face.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2010, 10:39:02 pm »

Don't really feel like you have to watch pros to learn how to play the game, at least at first. You're not going to face Idra or theSTC for a damn long time, even if you do play a lot. I'd suggest playing a few games against the computer first, then randoming for a few games to decide which race you get along with best from the get-go.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2010, 08:28:32 am »

I only get 7hours of play time. I aint going to waste that on some bots. I'm just going to jump in and get as many games in as I can Smiley
Hence why I want to see videos. I don't have time to "learn" WITHIN the game, hence why I want shoutcasts.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2010, 10:00:38 am »

Don't really feel like you have to watch pros to learn how to play the game, at least at first. You're not going to face Idra or theSTC for a damn long time, even if you do play a lot. I'd suggest playing a few games against the computer first, then randoming for a few games to decide which race you get along with best from the get-go.

Bah, what's the point in watching amateurs play. Better to admire the strength of real pros. Really looking forward to the SC2 pro scene getting established. Even the 'top' pros are making mistakes still. Interesting to see if pro houses will emerge in US and EU and how they will fare against asia. What happened to Sen, my fav zergie? Day9:s with him since the EU vs Asia tourney.

fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2010, 01:04:16 pm »

Is it just me or is the audio and video sometimes not in sync for Day9's videos?
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2010, 09:20:25 pm »

Bah, what's the point in watching amateurs play. Better to admire the strength of real pros. Really looking forward to the SC2 pro scene getting established. Even the 'top' pros are making mistakes still. Interesting to see if pro houses will emerge in US and EU and how they will fare against asia. What happened to Sen, my fav zergie? Day9:s with him since the EU vs Asia tourney.

To see your peers and learn from where their muscles failed them :p

As entertainment? Pro players all the way, sure.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2010, 07:10:42 am »

Absolutely. The campaign is brilliant, a lot of the bad battle.net 2.0 interface problems apparently have a fix coming down the pipe (chatrooms for one), but even barring those it's pretty good, the basic multiplayer component is brilliant, and by buying Starcraft 2 you also buy a lifetime supply of EVERY NES GAME EVER MADE recreated in the map editor for your amusement. Worth 100 dollars even in my opinion, much less 60.

Free wallpaper for all our Platinum League Powerhouses out there Grin

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc