Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 06:27:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My luftwaffe doctrine  (Read 2679 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« on: July 31, 2010, 02:03:01 pm »

I was bored and couldnt get to sleep last night, so I went ahead and made my own version of luftwaffe to kill time.

I tried to follow the doctrine guidelines as closely as possible, having each tree follow a distinct theme without overbuffing 1 unit in a tree, or allowing stacking buffs to any unit from combining different trees.

I wanted to gear the themes so that if you go T1-T4 you get the whole themed package, but going 2 T3s offered a synergistic mix between 2 trees.

I also wanted to experiment with combining the lower table T3 ability and unit unlocks with the upper table passive T3s to create a different version or the nature of the lower T3 that fulfills a niche in the theme.

Stacking 2 T3s and a lower T3 will get you a decent offmap or unit unlock, but you forgoe the larger passive stat buffs of T4s

I took Bob's Luft and just refined it to what id like to see, so I left things alone that I thought were fine.

Here it is, let me know what ya think.

Flak88 emplacement fortification:

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 02:24:42 pm »

I like it reason is that it actually puts some "love" into this, cloaked sandbags i can pictrue would give me a cool athmosphere how FJ is meant to be playd.

By ambushing and such, 88 emplacement is cool but we aint british i think it's fine as it is.
It would be just like building artillery pounder.

Demo charge for luftwaffe, f**k yes that would be cool. - Gives you the elite fallschirmjager feeling.

Nice ideas Ground.

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 02:29:17 pm »

the reason for the flak emplacement was that with the fortress europe we have right now, the crew has heroic armor which is horrible vs. flamethrowers and grenades; subsequently the most widely used wepons in action while taking a flak.

I thought reducing FE down to 88 Elite armor crew, then providing a buffer vs. flamethrowers and grenades in a T3 for flavor would be the right protection against F.throwers and grenades. ( I know it shouldnt rly but blanace > realism)
Cosmetics or not, the 88 is essentially an emplacement, and its gonna get artied anyway.

And falls would have the demo charges. I thought it would be a cheeky thing if falls could make bush cover then rig it to explode.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:31:23 pm by Groundfire » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 02:31:41 pm »

i need that skin Smiley

Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 02:34:31 pm »

the reason for the flak emplacement was that with the fortress europe we have right now, the crew has heroic armor which is horrible vs. flamethrowers and grenades; subsequently the most widely used wepons in action while taking a flak.

I thought reducing FE down to 88 Elite armor crew, then providing a buffer vs. flamethrowers and grenades in a T3 for flavor would be the right protection against F.throwers and grenades. ( I know it shouldnt rly but blanace > realism)
Cosmetics or not, the 88 is essentially an emplacement, and its gonna get artied anyway.
Yeah, i agree it's pretty vulnerable by off-map or mobile artillery. - Hate when you get flamed so easly and how the allies turn OUR weapons against us.

And falls would have the demo charges. I thought it would be a cheeky thing if falls could make bush cover then rig it to explode.
Yes sounds awesome, also would be cool if FJ could build defense especially useful at Attack/defend mode where you actually can setup ambushes along roadsides and such.

Bah, thinking over it the emplacement can be cool.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:37:20 pm by Grundwaffe » Logged
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 03:18:04 pm »

Actually leave fortress europe tree as it is. It is not overbuffed and good.

Your proposition is actually nerf to that defensive tool.
Tier 3 buff for p4 is good, but actually it wasn't good move- there is cammo for p4 and ambush for luftwaffe which is really powerfull tool. Firing arc won't change that marder is shit. Buffs for henshel run and medkits, hell it would take 3 tier 3 from unlocks 88 for emplacment, which is easier target to hit by artillery, calliope (actually shield can protect crew from direct hit)

Time for tier 4
I wouldn't trade 25% hp bonus and lockdown for shitty hulldown which actually makes whiberlwind useless, not to mention that you need to put all points in tier 3 unlocks. Elite armor also has 100% chance to kill by sniper, which heroic armor hasn't. And yes elite armor is vulnerable to flame and grenades. Covering fire should go to other tree. I think you wanted by 15 % hp buff for tanks increase marder role, but panzer elite actually is using more vehicles than tanks

Instead of tossing automaticly grenade, I think panzerfaust should has ability to slow enemy tank. Good defensive tool to fallshmirjaegers without shreck, and good ambush ability to kill enemy motorized units
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:27:06 pm by Hydro » Logged
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 04:11:49 pm »

Your proposition is actually nerf to that defensive tool.
Tier 3 buff for p4 is good, but actually it wasn't good move- there is cammo for p4 and ambush for luftwaffe which is really powerfull tool. Firing arc won't change that marder is shit. Buffs for henshel run and medkits, hell it would take 3 tier 3 from unlocks 88 for emplacment, which is easier target to hit by artillery, calliope (actually shield can protect crew from direct hit)

My FE tree is designed to maximize suppression options and to kill what is suppressed, coupled with at support. Cloaked ambush anything have no place in this tree, they belong in the ambush tree.

Think of how many ppl you see using hetzer ambush, or stug ambush, now why would you want hetzer ambush on an IST, a tank that has super short range and cannot penetrate anything over an M8.

the LATHT hetzer ambush we have if anything is too good, so i took it out. Anything that allows you to disable a vehicle straight out of cloak is OP, so its gone.

In place, with prepared defenses T1, you can set up wire, sandbags and have reliable killzones with hard emplacements, fast moving ACs, Suppression scout cars, improved ISTs, and Marders that all of a sudden become much harder to evade b/c of improved fire cone.

Time for tier 4
I wouldn't trade 25% hp bonus and lockdown for shitty hulldown which actually makes whiberlwind useless, not to mention that you need to put all points in tier 3 unlocks. Elite armor also has 100% chance to kill by sniper, which heroic armor hasn't. And yes elite armor is vulnerable to flame and grenades. Covering fire should go to other tree. I think you wanted by 15 % hp buff for tanks increase marder role, but panzer elite actually is using more vehicles than tanks

Hulldown gives the unit -25% pen. and -25% dmg, as opposed to lock down which gives you +5 sight, +25% accuracy (on a suppression platform) and -15% reload (on an already fast gun). I gave better sight, and more durability in place of buffs that I find redundant in a doctrine that is supposed provide rock hard defense. If your not gonna be able to move, might as well be able to survive that extra ATG shot.

Also, 1 vamp HT and sniper be gone.
Also also, FJs need to be useful in FE tree, so sticking with the "supressing and killing" mindset, they have covering fire. It doesnt need to be in any other tree as both other trees are designed for straight aggressive fighting in spearhead, and merciless surgical decimation in Ambush. They have no need for a suppression ability that takes away valuable firepower.

Instead of tossing automaticly grenade, I think panzerfaust should has ability to slow enemy tank. Good defensive tool to fallshmirjaegers without shreck, and good ambush ability to kill enemy motorized units

p.s. they toss a nerfed grenade, but i didnt put it in the appendix
but yeah, wont work, ambush is an AI Ability which targets infantry. You wouldnt want to have 1 of your fg42 guys drop his gun to fire a faust at other infantry, it would be ineffective.

Also, would you want to give away your position to a marading tank for 100-120 dmg, just make a ding in the tank and get your falls destroyed?

Probably no, best to spend this space improving on ambush capabilities for its chosen target.

Also as said before, anything that can come out of cloak and disable/slow a tank is OP. Yes its cool, but it would never be implemented.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 04:22:02 pm by Groundfire » Logged
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 04:44:47 pm »

No more flares for Vampires? :/
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 02:56:34 am »

Think of how many ppl you see using hetzer ambush, or stug ambush, now why would you want hetzer ambush on an IST, a tank that has super short range and cannot penetrate anything over an M8.

the LATHT hetzer ambush we have if anything is too good, so i took it out. Anything that allows you to disable a vehicle straight out of cloak is OP, so its gone.

In place, with prepared defenses T1, you can set up wire, sandbags and have reliable killzones with hard emplacements, fast moving ACs, Suppression scout cars, improved ISTs, and Marders that all of a sudden become much harder to evade b/c of improved fire cone.
I doubt that, first of all m8 or m10 can still evade marder shot and kill it without problems, when with 50 mm at ht you can move by tactic shot and run, moreover it will make more dmg. Second airborne support weapons and airbornes can purchase cammo, believe me receiving burst from nowhere because burst is treated like 1 shot is more op than your at ht.
Hulldown gives the unit -25% pen. and -25% dmg, as opposed to lock down which gives you +5 sight, +25% accuracy (on a suppression platform) and -15% reload (on an already fast gun). I gave better sight, and more durability in place of buffs that I find redundant in a doctrine that is supposed provide rock hard defense. If your not gonna be able to move, might as well be able to survive that extra ATG shot.
Actually you gave defensive ability to paper unit which is meant to have great firepower. In this way wirberlwind is completely useless due to weak offensive abilities (suspresion and cover negates firepower) combined with paper immobilized armor. Hey, we are happy airborne and we will kill or dmg your wirber in 80%. Actually it's not churchill, where it can be rescued by hulldown and if it will be in at range it will take 2 atg shots before hull down will be active
Also, 1 vamp HT and sniper be gone.
Knowing where sniper is and getting him are 2 other things, your elite armor in emplacment, makes it 100 % chance to kill crew (or you want to add invincible armor to crew) and easier target for flame and nades, that doesn't change anything

Also also, FJs need to be useful in FE tree, so sticking with the "supressing and killing" mindset, they have covering fire. It doesnt need to be in any other tree as both other trees are designed for straight aggressive fighting in spearhead, and merciless surgical decimation in Ambush. They have no need for a suppression ability that takes away valuable firepower.
Actually I'm using falls as counter to elite infantry or to defense my 88s and on ambush they no need suspression, when in other situations like droping behind enemy lines it would be like dream
p.s. they toss a nerfed grenade, but i didnt put it in the appendix
but yeah, wont work, ambush is an AI Ability which targets infantry. You wouldnt want to have 1 of your fg42 guys drop his gun to fire a faust at other infantry, it would be ineffective.

Also, would you want to give away your position to a marading tankwith jeep for 100-120 dmg, just make a ding in the tank and get your falls destroyed?

Probably no, best to spend this space improving on ambush capabilities for its chosen target.

Also as said before, anything that can come out of cloak and disable/slow a tank is OP. Yes its cool, but it would never be implemented.
Fixed if someone see falls, he is not also sending tanks, but recon unit.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 05:11:51 am »

Guys. if i remember. Soldiers manning emplacements like the british cant be shot out of. so theres no point in what armor they get

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 05:31:32 am »

Guys. if i remember. Soldiers manning emplacements like the british cant be shot out of. so theres no point in what armor they get
Actually if they are not marked as invincible armor type, they can be
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc