Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:29:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Discount or not?
Postive - 2 (22.2%)
Negative - 7 (77.8%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US]Airborne Rifleman Stickies  (Read 13225 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 12:26:49 pm »

I think its good that they are expensive, it allows axis light vehicles to smash up AB bar squads if they dont have AT support (close range = more accuracy)

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 12:58:17 pm »

Airborne have RRs supporting them.... they dont need more efficient AT....

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 01:01:30 pm »

Airborne have RRs supporting them.... they dont need more efficient AT....

Yes but in the case of a bar squad being alone against a light vehicle the possible sticky is a very good deterrent for a flammenwerfer or a puma going close, it being expensive makes it more unlikely for them to have it

Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 01:50:27 pm »

Most of the AB players only combine nades and BARs on ab rifleman.
Can you explain why?

the better durability on the AB rifle means they can throw a nade without losing half the squad half the time, and the AB rifleman's main role is pretty much anti-infantry to begin with.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:53:16 pm by Firesparks » Logged

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 03:14:23 pm »

the better durability on the AB rifle means they can throw a nade without losing half the squad half the time, and the AB rifleman's main role is pretty much anti-infantry to begin with.

Not true. AB squads get tore up pretty good by any tank that they might try to sticky. 95mu is just too high. I think it was that high when stickies used to be 80, so it was just 15 mu higher than rifles but then they lowered the rifles to 60 and kept the AB rifles at 95. It's high inefficient and there's no reason to buy them. U dont get the bonus, and firing up is only good when trying to get away, not really good to chase after.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 05:51:40 pm »

compare the price to storms mp44s. they are 80 mu for the 1st two and 95mu for the 2nd two. and bars > mp44s big time coz bars work at long range too.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 07:04:08 pm »

I still don't understand why you'd even purchase stickies in the first place. It's way too suicidal, and there's a chance that it'll do nothing at all! Spend the MU on AP rounds!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 08:10:47 pm »

compare the price to storms mp44s. they are 80 mu for the 1st two and 95mu for the 2nd two. and bars > mp44s big time coz bars work at long range too.

but mp44s do a lot more damage. IF i had a choice to pick up an mp44 or a bar, im going mp44
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 11:36:21 pm »

I still don't understand why you'd even purchase stickies in the first place. It's way too suicidal, and there's a chance that it'll do nothing at all! Spend the MU on AP rounds!

exactly. i never used stickies. i spend it on my worth while things such as AP rounds. nades for rifles etc.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 01:30:46 am »

I'd agree with you if the stormtroopers didn't have cloak, which allows them to always fight at their optimal range(short).

Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 02:12:06 am »

I'd agree with you if the stormtroopers didn't have cloak, which allows them to always fight at their optimal range(short).

I definitely wouldn't say ALWAYS. Many times storms get uncloaked by some random unit and then they are completely screwed --> huge waste of muni

spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 02:15:18 am »

That's what you get with high risk high reward units. The potential for MP44 storms to get 30+ kills is much more believable than seeing a regular BAR squad getting that. Storms are much more durable as inf due to armour, med kits, cloak etc. Storms with bars.. That'd be quite a sight!
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 02:15:55 am »

Well, a pershing can die to a bike shooting it in the ass while it still has 2 repairs left. Shit happens - this is CoH. Basically nothing has a 100 percent success rate.
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 03:55:22 am »

So if ab rifleman wasn't supposed to anti-tank,
why should they have stickies as upgrade?
a useless thing + heavy price = some noobs wasting MU like me before
AB rifleman is a kind of good infantry.---True
Upgrades should be more expensive.---True
But why should you also decrease its effect...?
Ex:
1.BAR + ...MU(Forgot it) - Supressive Fire
2.Stickies + ...MU - vet2 10 range bonus 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 07:10:24 am »

The reason why AB rifles are so good is because of the doctorine buffs that they recieve. If you're going Easy Company, the squad gains 25% more HP, better armour and a better squad leader than a regular rifle squad, which means from a range this squad will be devastating. Fireup is a cool bonus to break suppression or to get in and out of every situation that may not be favourable. Just because AB Rifles aren't specifically Anti tank doesn't mean that they shouldn't have stickies. Stickies make most axis players move their tanks away from rushing infantry, just in case they have stickies. It's probably a good idea to have maybe one sticky squad in your army. Some players choose not to use them, many players choose to. If you can negate a King Tiger with a 95mu sticky, then you've done a damn good job! AB Rifles do not need the vet 2 bonus as they have fireup. If they had both, it'd probably be OP in the minds of most EIRR players. AB don't need any more buffs than they currently have!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 09:28:18 am »

I definitely wouldn't say ALWAYS. Many times storms get uncloaked by some random unit and then they are completely screwed --> huge waste of muni

Ah the fortunes of war. But tbh most of the times when they get screwed is because most people forget to un toggle cloak and charge the rest of the way in and profit.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 09:49:17 am »

Once they increase the manpower cost of ab spam maybe this could go down, but for now this thread is epic fail
Wnb 1337 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 10:00:26 am »

The moment a KT/Tiger is accerelating, AB rushes the tank with fire up + stickies..
The moment the KT/Tigers Driver is trying to find the handbrake + reverse gear, your tank suffers from a wheelchair.  Sad

We Stack for Defeat!
We play for PP!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 01:45:13 pm »

i wish you guys would stop trying to balance units based on doc abilities "well this unit is OP cuz it can get this ability" so if there was an ability that made my jeeps get v1's, would that make jeeps OP? no, the ability is strong. Easy company is a good ability but it's not OP at all, the fact that AB and ABR's cost so cheap compared to other similar units is what makes them so strong.
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 04:23:54 am »

The reason why AB rifles are so good is because of the doctorine buffs that they recieve. If you're going Easy Company, the squad gains 25% more HP, better armour and a better squad leader than a regular rifle squad, which means from a range this squad will be devastating. Fireup is a cool bonus to break suppression or to get in and out of every situation that may not be favourable. Just because AB Rifles aren't specifically Anti tank doesn't mean that they shouldn't have stickies. Stickies make most axis players move their tanks away from rushing infantry, just in case they have stickies. It's probably a good idea to have maybe one sticky squad in your army. Some players choose not to use them, many players choose to. If you can negate a King Tiger with a 95mu sticky, then you've done a damn good job! AB Rifles do not need the vet 2 bonus as they have fireup. If they had both, it'd probably be OP in the minds of most EIRR players. AB don't need any more buffs than they currently have!
fireups are for runaways
the los reduce is a pain in the ass
but that's not the point
i want it to be cheaper
the answer from you should be yes or no
then the reasons
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc