Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 11:35:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eastern Front Mod (CoH)  (Read 12043 times)
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« on: August 11, 2010, 04:06:23 pm »

I just thought I throw up a post here basically asking.
Does anyone play this mod? Since I've been trying to find to 1v1's with this mod, but everyone seems to be a comp stomper and if I do find a 1v1, then they're not really that good.
Its a shame really since the soviets seem pretty balanced in all aspects. The only things I can see so far with the soviets that probably need looking at is the Anti-inf tank that seems to suppress everything in like less then 2 seconds and the calliope rocket truck thing since its only 360mp...
Wondered what other peoples thought on it was.
PS. If you want to try this out or look at it, the website is www.easternfront.org

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:11:04 pm »

I loved this mod i used to play it also when it first came out, the list was really as full as vCoh ALMOST because everyone was excited to see soviets in action.

As everybody figured after a while soviets are to strong for the regular Vcoh wehermacht and PE thats why we all quitted it almost waiting for ost-heer.

And as you say, that's always what i almost see.. Just a 2v2 friends playing that stomp CPU it totally lost the popularity and i check regulary.

To bad it.. suck at population..

And i'd be up for a 1v1 in EF Cheesy

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 04:14:56 pm »

They've balanced it now though, I can see a good wehr player getting the better of the soviets Smiley
Even the PE could rape the soviets I reckon if played right Smiley
Will have to give you a game tomorrow or something Smiley
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 04:28:58 pm »

Sure man, pm'ed you steam info. Smiley
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 05:40:36 pm »

It's just a boring faction in general, nothing fun or unique about their tech tree, units are incredibly typical and boring, its like going from volks to grens to KCH when it comes to conscripts, strelky, guards

Rawr
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 06:05:46 pm »

Well, I like it, its a pretty good mod, brings some intresting units to the field for me.
Plus, I reckon I'm pretty good with the soviets too :3
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 06:18:00 pm »

Played the day after it came out. Found that soviets were incredibly OP and quit. Never went back to playing that again. In my opinion the soviets have too much, it seems as though the developers took the unique play styles of all the other factions and stuffed it into the soviets. On top of that even their tech trees seem unfair. To me, soviets = PE + Wehr + US + CW on steroids. Had the best tanks, inf, support weapons, and maybe even upgrades, it just has too much.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 06:28:11 pm »

They've nerfed them dude. They are more in line with the other factions, or, dare I say it, maybe a little UP. :s
They also have their retreat now, which was a stupid move on their part, its one of the key parts of CoH if you ask me, so how they thought a faction wouldn't need them is beyond me x3
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 06:29:37 pm »

Bezerkers right, that's exactly how i felt to. - Thats why we need the ost heer from sketch to bottom to match the soviets as well.

EDIT: Wait wuut, they can retreat now, and well i'll check how EF has changed in some hours, need some sleep first lol..
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 06:32:29 pm »

Even if they were nerfed I still feel that they have too much, also did they finish with the German faction yet?
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 06:35:18 pm »

Played the day after it came out. Found that soviets were incredibly OP and quit. Never went back to playing that again. In my opinion the soviets have too much, it seems as though the developers took the unique play styles of all the other factions and stuffed it into the soviets. On top of that even their tech trees seem unfair. To me, soviets = PE + Wehr + US + CW on steroids. Had the best tanks, inf, support weapons, and maybe even upgrades, it just has too much.

thats why we win a war :-P

Senseless and ruthless.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 06:37:38 pm »

Nah they haven't yet, really looking forward to that faction.
And how do you feel they have too much? They lack a MG for starters. The only from of inf at is a nade on the elite russian units. So, if anything they are lacking. Defiently more then wehr, maybe a little more then PE x3
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 06:49:30 pm »

I don't want to argue Sad since i dont know all their units. But from what I remember they had that boys at rifle squad that just destroyed armor. And for the mg... I dont know you win there, but from my shitty experience they never seemed to need it.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 06:50:27 pm »

you know every once in awhile they do patch games.

Probably should judge an expansive mod like that by your experiences so soon after its release.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 07:02:03 pm »

Alright, but I still don't like it, and that is my view of the mod.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 07:25:05 pm »

Not saying you have to like it, I suggest you give it a second try. I kinda made this post so I could try and get some 1v1's out of this mode so I can check the balance of it really x3
And since Grunde has offered to play it with me, this topic has succeded in my eyes. :3
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 08:08:48 pm »

shouldv'e kept retreat off, the soviet didn't retreat...and if they did, they got shot. Now, maybe they could've given all soviet infantry a short fire up to get away or out of suppression, other wise, meh...

i guess gameplay > realism eh?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 08:13:32 pm »

That's just a myth dude, or if they did, it was only rare occasions.
Its also like the myth that the russians were horribly under supplied. They were for the first stages of the war, but after a little while they were well supplied, more supplied and more prepared for the winter war then the germans.
For crying out loud, when the germans first attacked, the russians T-34 (I believe) was superior to EVERYTHING the germans had, its one of the reasons we saw Tigers and stuff, its so they try and fight the russians.
So yeah, I was shocked when I first this, but it turns out to be true. Its mis-conspetions. :3
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 09:42:45 pm »

The only instances of lack of equipment for the Russians past 1942 is Stalingrad.

After that they had more of everything, but much inferior training.

arsonist123 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 10:12:40 pm »

Germans outnumbered Russians...  Germans had more losses then Russians...   The hype is that the Commanders of Russia were ruthless... and its true... the Germans had more respectable commanders who made friendships with there soldiers... Russians kept to themselves.. kept themselves veryyyyy secretive.

EF right now has a nice feel to it.. just a couple of more balancing and its in capatiblity to be balanced... Russians tech too fast... i teched my way to t4 faster then an american expert bot... thats whats strange for me.. in this case t3 for russians.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc