Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:19:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tym's Doctrine Rework  (Read 7746 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: August 12, 2010, 03:05:44 pm »

I've been thinking about doing this for a while. My philosophy for EIR is that each side should be mirrored yet different.

US, Wehr, Brits and PE would all be laid out like this

Offense - Has abilities that benefit units on the move and breaking defenses.
Defensive - Has abilities that benefit units standing still and beating offenses.
Balanced - Has a bit of both but has less passive abilities than off and def.

So here is how I would do it.

Americans
Airborne - Offensive
Infantry - Defensive
Armor - Balanced

British
Commandoes - Offensive
Royals - Defensive
Engineers - Balanced

Wehrmacht
Blitzkrieg - Offensive
Defensive - ...Defense :|
Terror - Balanced

Panzer Elite
Tank Hunters - Offensive
Scorched Earth - Defensive
Luftwaft - Balanced

Now to explain it a bit more.

Offensive Companies - Would have abilities like 33% movement speed, acceleration, abilities that work best in enemy territory, abilities that are quick strike and end just as quickly and don't saturate an area, i.e. dont attack more than maybe 3 units at a time (bombing run falls into that, precision strike, etc) would have abilities like blitzkrieg, operation overlord etc, but would penalize you or at least not benefit you if you sit still and wait. Not saying you can't but you wouldn't be using your company at its full advantage if you play a defensive style of game.

Defensive Companies - Would have off maps that can only work in your territory (rocket arty would be strengthened but only work in your territory) and saturate an area, defensive buffs in cover and in your territory, buffs that make your support teams and vehicles (mainly pe) better but wouldn't help them on the move (this is for pe Tongue)

Balanced Companies - Would have more unit unlocks (like armor and luft) clickable abilities (terror) or both (engineers) and have a little of both of the offensive and defensive type bonuses although would exclude things like movement buffs, enemy sector bonuses and cover/friendly sector bonuses but be more general but wouldn't be nearly as good. So like say there's an offensive bonus for Blitz that gives them 25% more damage in enemy territory but 0% more damage in friendly, for Terror, you could have an ability like that but it only gives say 10-15% in all sectors.

What I plan to add on next is go through every doctrine and change things around, add or take away abilities that don't fit that style of game-play.

Also, all offensive, def and balanced companies wont play like another side, they wont mirror but the abilities and buffs that they'd gain would benefit that type of game play but would be tailored for the type of units that each side has.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 03:07:47 pm by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 03:05:54 pm »

Reserved for American Doctrines

Airborne
T1's
Over Supplied - Grenades and Satchels only
Aeiral Advantage - no change
Buddy System - Rifles & Engineers -33% Call in Timer

T2's
AT Eagles - 25% Penetration -10% Scatter (would miss more if didn't calculate hit)
Interdiction - No change atm
*New*

T3's
Raid - no change atm although sometimes i feel it's a bit OP. U can have 46 while everyone else has 40, on defense it can be 50.
Airborne Overhead - no change
Asymmetric Warfare - Change to 1 or 2 Uses with half the cooldown.

T4's
Easy Company - No Change atm
Operation Overlord - lv 25% acc/dec -20% dmg while moving (thinking of making it only halftracks)
-50% drift +0.5 speed 10% damage +10 LOS  higher suppression resistance In enemy territory only (no timer)
*New*

Just a start to show you how im doing this.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:06:28 pm by Tymathee » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 03:06:08 pm »

Reserved for British Doctrines
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 03:06:18 pm »

Reserved for Wehrmacht Doctrines
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 03:06:29 pm »

Reserved for Panzer Elite Doctrines
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 03:07:08 pm »

k

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 03:07:34 pm »

k what?
MetalHead122 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 03:09:06 pm »

Hey tym when's the last time you got laid... just wondering tough! nothing personal
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 03:14:05 pm »

Hey tym when's the last time you got laid... just wondering tough! nothing personal

30 minutes ago. It's not like im going to do this all today lol. This'll take me a while to put together. I'll probably do Americans today if i can.
MetalHead122 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 03:15:31 pm »

30 minutes ago.

Touché
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 03:16:28 pm »

More like

Offense
Defense
Team Support

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 03:26:26 pm »

More like

Offense
Defense
Team Support

Not a bad idea might screw with some things I thought of but yeah. Or I could just make balanced into a team support type of thing.

Also I wouldn't mind any suggestions for changes in abilities or adding new things to add on if anybody has something. I've already changed Asymmetric Warfare to uses instead of on cooldown but it's still a passive ability with no cost.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 04:06:51 pm »

added in a preview of sorta, did a little of AB doc specializations. Of course it's all subject to change.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 06:00:48 pm »

To be honest I think the doctrine are generally fine as it is now right. Some ability are a bit too powerful (*cough* ab *cough*) but I think it's more of a matter of adjusting the ability than redoing everything from scratch.)

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 06:34:32 pm »

what i dont like about the doctrines atm are these buffs that only work during strange circumstances. they sometimes might fit the doctrine but they are still very weird. terror is the best example. all their stuff gets unreal buffs while moving or while inside enemy territory.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 06:50:53 pm »

what i dont like about the doctrines atm are these buffs that only work during strange circumstances. they sometimes might fit the doctrine but they are still very weird. terror is the best example. all their stuff gets unreal buffs while moving or while inside enemy territory.

Its a theme. Requires you to play a certain way; which is how it should be tbh.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 06:54:24 pm »

Not really...it should help cement a theme you want, not arbitrary random crap. For instance, what theme does 1 single doctrine unlock that makes ACs 20% faster in your territory represent? And how does it in anyway help on a vehicle that is already plenty fast. Things that will roll a hit will still hit. No change there.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 07:27:45 pm »

But an AC getting 20% more dmg in enemy territory fits quite well in, lets say the Terror "rolling thunder" tree.

An aggressive unlock for an aggressive tree/theme.

Of course you can look at it and say "NO, i dont wanna play like that" and camp it down, but then why would you even be using the Rolling thunder tree if your not gonna be aggressive, with vehicles, in the enemy territory, owning face?

Theme is only as good as you make it to be.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 07:38:04 pm »

Not really...it should help cement a theme you want, not arbitrary random crap. For instance, what theme does 1 single doctrine unlock that makes ACs 20% faster in your territory represent? And how does it in anyway help on a vehicle that is already plenty fast. Things that will roll a hit will still hit. No change there.
there's 3 tree per doctrine, 3 doctrine per faction ,and 4 faction. I don't use certain doctrine because I don't like the bonus but I do have doctrines I main. The terror doctrine might not be to your taste but Eirr have something for everyone.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 07:42:31 pm »

it would still seem better if the buffs for agressive playstyle are made differently. coz now your units get weaker when you capture enemy territory(or the other way around :S). do they want you to chase them down all to their spawn? take blitzkrieg as an example. they get buffs that make sense and still ask you to go agressive. but maybe it's just me who wants everything to make sense Tongue
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:44:38 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc