Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:32:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British tommies  (Read 13143 times)
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« on: August 13, 2010, 02:34:42 am »

Okay....
As a unit they have the 2nd worst rifle in the game. Worst than even the Kar98k used by the volks.
Their main saving grace is their durability against volks and some small arms in general, but most axis weapon will ignore the Soldier armor type.

Each tommy only has a base health of 65 hp, compared to the Volks grenadier's 60. (a terror grenadier would have more health....). This mean that tommy get chew up by just about anything that isn't small arms.

The quickest way to change this would be to just remove the soldier armor from Tommies and give them 85 hp.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 03:07:26 am »

5 man squad with 85 health for each man?

Yeah, bad idea - particularly due to there being doctrine abilities that buff tommy health. You'd get tommies that can shrug off direct P4 shots - creating a need to re-do those doctrine abilities.

In other words - it would create more troubles than it would solve.

I'm also going by experience here. We had set tommies to have infantry armour and 80 health : which resulted in a LOT of complaints, and eventually we had to simply revert.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 05:56:54 am »

tommies are rape. i have seen single tommy squads surrounded by 2 PG squads(1 g43, all heavy cover and long range) and the tommies still win EASY.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 01:20:08 pm »

tommies are rape. i have seen single tommy squads surrounded by 2 PG squads(1 g43, all heavy cover and long range) and the tommies still win EASY.
did the tommies have lt support? The tommies are pretty good anti-infantry, but the faction lacks a meantshield against mortars, tanks and the like.

The tommies is the most cost/pop efficient british unit there is, and they are still very cost inefficient at absorbing non-small arms fires.

5 man squad with 85 health for each man?

Yeah, bad idea - particularly due to there being doctrine abilities that buff tommy health. You'd get tommies that can shrug off direct P4 shots - creating a need to re-do those doctrine abilities.

In other words - it would create more troubles than it would solve.

I'm also going by experience here. We had set tommies to have infantry armour and 80 health : which resulted in a LOT of complaints, and eventually we had to simply revert.
Right now there's one doctrine ability that directly buff tommies' health, and that's the british grit for the commando, which kind of set on the end of an otherwise pretty weak tree.

Some of the RE tree also reduce damage to your soldier, which could achieve the same affect. However, Hold the line is an end tree ability and situational unlike the straight HP buff. For king and countery is also a T3 unlock.

FYI. Right now the Fatherland defense and For the fatherland separately for wehr defensive already allow grenadier to survive a direct sherman shell.
(even just vet 1 theoretically gren and storm survive a direct sherman shell. The KCH does it by default) 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:28:12 pm by Firesparks » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 01:27:52 pm »

Grenadiers, however, are not 5 man squads, and they do not get a vehicle disabler along with their anti-infantry upgrade(which is more than just affordable).

The brittish infantry have a weakness in fighting mortars and other splash-damage weaponry. They get it for being strong in fighting small arms. That's actually good : having both strengths AND weaknesses in a unit, it creates for vivid gameplay.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 01:33:44 pm »

Grenadiers, however, are not 5 man squads, and they do not get a vehicle disabler along with their anti-infantry upgrade(which is more than just affordable).

The brittish infantry have a weakness in fighting mortars and other splash-damage weaponry. They get it for being strong in fighting small arms. That's actually good : having both strengths AND weaknesses in a unit, it creates for vivid gameplay.

The british infantry are just meat shield in a small arms fight if you don't have the bren and lt, and the lt cost extra.

If the tommies was an elite unit I would inclined to agree with the selective weakness, but the tommies are the mainline infantry and mainline infantry have to absorb non small arm fire. The tommies' weakness to slpash damage weaponry means that the whole faction is weak to splash damage weaponry. The tommies is already the most expensive mainline infantry to buy anyway.

Grenadier also get better firepower by default. Their Kar98K is one of the best rifle in the game, compare to the lee enfield the tommies receive.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 01:38:42 pm »

Actually, you don't need the Lt. Brens or Riflenades will usually handle any other standard infantry out there. Add in an Lt or Cpt to support them and it gets ugly.

Get really smart and use their insta pin HMG for blob suppression, then kill with Riflenades or force off with FOO.

Unvetted Brit infantry is ok. Vet 2 and 3 becomes amazing.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 01:49:17 pm »

The british infantry are just meat shield in a small arms fight if you don't have the bren and lt, and the lt cost extra.

The LT isn't as mandatory as you're trying to make it out to be.

All mainline infantry are nothing more than meatshields in small arms fights if they do not have upgrades. Yes, even your idolised grenadiers.

mainline infantry have to absorb non small arm fire.

Riflemen and volksgrenadiers both would tend to disagree with you there. Both of them are not only weaker in health, but also happen to be lacking the tp_soldier armour type. Panzergrenadiers aren't much better off, either.

The tommies' weakness to slpash damage weaponry means that the whole faction is weak to splash damage weaponry
The rifles' weakness to splash damage weaponry means that the whole faction is weak to splash damage weaponry. Oops.

The tommies is already the most expensive mainline infantry to buy anyway.
For which they are rewarded by having one of the best upgrades in the game, and access to both officers, officer veterancy AND their own veterancy.

Grenadier also get better firepower by default. Their Kar98K is one of the best rifle in the game, compare to the lee enfield the tommies receive.
Brens, however, are much better than the LMG42(seeing as they come in pairs) and they get the awesome button ability on top of that.
You pay a premium in the base unit price for having access to such a good upgrade.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:51:10 pm by Mysthalin » Logged
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 01:52:20 pm »

Actually, you don't need the Lt. Brens or Riflenades will usually handle any other standard infantry out there. Add in an Lt or Cpt to support them and it gets ugly.

Get really smart and use their insta pin HMG for blob suppression, then kill with Riflenades or force off with FOO.

Unvetted Brit infantry is ok. Vet 2 and 3 becomes amazing.

I did say their small arms resistance are okay right? Yes, they can handle small arms fight, they better be able to handle small arms considering they are 255 per squad. The problem I see here is that they are not okay when they have to face non-small arms.

LT and Cpt are separate unit that cost extra. FOO is 140 munition.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 02:32:20 pm »

I did say their small arms resistance are okay right? Yes, they can handle small arms fight, they better be able to handle small arms considering they are 255 per squad. The problem I see here is that they are not okay when they have to face non-small arms.

Never had a problem with non-small arms i mean if its a tank bren suppress and roll up a at gun or ff or call someone to help.

I think the problem with your view tbh is you look at everythings downside and forget about combined arms. With proper support Tommies become pure badass beats a vickers suppress with rg's or bren if its a tank nearby and a mortar then throw down FOO.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 02:41:47 pm »

Because all other infantry do so well when facing down a P4 or Sherman am I right. Most infantry just die. Guess why...ITS A FREAKIN TANK!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 02:50:38 pm »

Because all other infantry do so well when facing down a P4 or Sherman am I right. Most infantry just die. Guess why...ITS A FREAKIN TANK!

OH comeon don't you realize brens using tank suppress need to fire RR's
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 03:36:14 pm »

tommies are just awesome you can just blob them with brens then captains and liet and sappers support you all the way its just like unstoppable and how much they kill pays back well over what they costed
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 03:47:47 pm »

Firespark ffs stop complaining about everything, maybe you just need to l2p you keep creating posts about buffing stuff its getting annoying and haven't played with you, you kinda suck so any post you make just looks like whiningn.

Tommy's are fine, i'd rather have tommy's over rifles, volks and pz grens any day. The only mainline infantry i wouldn't trade are Grens and that's cuz of their health, lmgs and schrecks, other wise in terms of all around, Tommy's are better.

They build trenches
They can build the CCS which is a healer available to all docs and is the only side where a healer is available for all docs
The bren gun is like a light lmg and it can disable vehicles for about 20-30 seconds
Riflenades are like flamethrowers as they are better vs targets in cover and garrisoned than in red and open
they have soldier armor...which is a 25% damage nerf to incoming weapon fire, which is huge.

there's a reason they cost 400mp to build in vcoh, which is more than any mainline infantry in the game. Get off it, u dont know what you're doing.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 03:51:13 pm by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
bayarea510 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 04:23:22 pm »

Firespark ffs stop complaining about everything, maybe you just need to l2p you keep creating posts about buffing stuff its getting annoying and haven't played with you, you kinda suck so any post you make just looks like whiningn.

Tommy's are fine, i'd rather have tommy's over rifles, volks and pz grens any day. The only mainline infantry i wouldn't trade are Grens and that's cuz of their health, lmgs and schrecks, other wise in terms of all around, Tommy's are better.

They build trenches
They can build the CCS which is a healer available to all docs and is the only side where a healer is available for all docs
The bren gun is like a light lmg and it can disable vehicles for about 20-30 seconds
Riflenades are like flamethrowers as they are better vs targets in cover and garrisoned than in red and open
they have soldier armor...which is a 25% damage nerf to incoming weapon fire, which is huge.

there's a reason they cost 400mp to build in vcoh, which is more than any mainline infantry in the game. Get off it, u dont know what you're doing.
+1

00:00:28 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: they're noobish
00:01:07 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: this is gonna be gg in 15 mins
00:28:50 [Team] RonnMercy: bring something on
00:29:04 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: im out
00:29:05 [Team] RonnMercy: ur terrible lol
Gg in 30, half right at least
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 04:34:34 pm »

+2

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
bayarea510 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 04:43:31 pm »

Let's just get this over with.
+9000
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 04:51:29 pm »

Let's just get this over with.
+9000
+2
+1

So its official +9000 +2 +1 is over 9000
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 04:54:00 pm »

actual its 9003  Grin
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 05:16:10 pm »

all you fuckers need quit being dicks. Its attitudes like this that get us nowhere.

Most of you plebs just sit here in the fourms and contribute nothing to the game but petty comments. Ill be damned if we lose another modder or member of this community to a hostile atmosphere where we cannot share our ideas and concerns with one another.

So grow the fuck up tbh.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc