Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:35:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British tommies  (Read 13148 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 06:41:42 pm »

all you fuckers need quit being dicks. Its attitudes like this that get us nowhere.

Most of you plebs just sit here in the fourms and contribute nothing to the game but petty comments. Ill be damned if we lose another modder or member of this community to a hostile atmosphere where we cannot share our ideas and concerns with one another.

So grow the fuck up tbh.

sharing idea and concerns are fine but when you say something sucks and then you have several people come and say it's a good unit if you use it like this like this and like this but then you continue to stay on the fact that the unit sux because of your game play style, it's frustrating. If he can't learn to play within the confines of what everyone else is doing, then he's going to leave anyway via frustration from getting his ass kicked all the time. What we're trying to do is help him to see that it's a good unit if used this way or that. Maybe i over stepped in my language in the 1st paragraph but seriously...when you see post after post of stuff like this and then he continuously argues his point and doesn't learn from what you're telling him, it's annoying!

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 07:36:08 pm »

Dude I suggest changes to units/doctrines I play with all the time, it usually comes to mind for that exact reason.

If you couldn't approach things believing that you were objective enough for it to at least have some small credbility, why would you do it? It would be a waste of your time.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 07:45:44 pm »

yeah its quite apparent that everything hes suggested was to buff his own units. = l2p

I remember when you used to do the same. Wink

edit- and no, i dont believe that is Firesparks intention; to buff his own units. Its just that this isnt battletest, or some other interpretive balance mod. we use vCoH balance and it's worked out just fine for the most part.

He's coming at things from a different perspective im sure, and while I admire this kind of approach, its not overly needed for the scope of balance we are trying to achieve.

Suggest doctrine changes? yeah of course. We just dont need a change to tommies tho because they just arnt broken.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 07:49:11 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 07:47:46 pm »

I remember when you used to do the same. Wink

hehe i do to Smiley

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 07:53:25 pm »

Meh, i think we've all done it lol and we've all been told off so meh. It's a process of EIR
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 01:09:33 am »

The only thing that pisses off British players with tons of brens is Sniper coys. Its because their counters to those are limited to those 2 recon squads they carry without brencarriers because most of the fuel went to FFs and Cromwells.  Firesparks called me unfair because his brit coy fought my Terror coy with tons of snipas in it, hehe.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 04:26:20 am »

I know how to play FFS. I've played all four factions and personally I've had a much easier time winning as PE/US then Wehr/Brit.
Maybe Wehr/brit is just not for me.

I've seen other wehr player in game and I know the problem is that I can't use the wehr unit right.

So far really the most trouble I've had against brit is the 17 pdr + bofor combo with the odd carrier/kangroo (PIAT commandos spam also seems to be effective but that's too gimicky for me). That seems to be a winning strategy but I'm not a fan of either build. I'm trying commandos with British grit but I don't like it as much as my Ami or PE coy.

If honestly you guys just want to stuck british with emplacement spam and carrier/kangroo then there's no arguing with you.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:35:25 am by Firesparks » Logged

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 04:40:39 am »

Except that those aren't the only viable strategies - there are plenty others.

Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 04:50:31 am »

Except that those aren't the only viable strategies - there are plenty others.
Not seeing much of "other" strategies. The one most stuck in my mind is the 17 pdr + bofor, bren/kangaroo, and PIAT commando, none of which are what I would want to start using.

I've started to use Captain FOO but that's just one unit.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 04:53:48 am »

I know how to play FFS. I've played all four factions and personally I've had a much easier time winning as PE/US then Wehr/Brit.
Maybe Wehr/brit is just not for me.

I've seen other wehr player in game and I know the problem is that I can't use the wehr unit right.

So far really the most trouble I've had against brit is the 17 pdr + bofor combo with the odd carrier/kangroo (PIAT commandos spam also seems to be effective but that's too gimicky for me). That seems to be a winning strategy but I'm not a fan of either build. I'm trying commandos with British grit but I don't like it as much as my Ami or PE coy.

If honestly you guys just want to stuck british with emplacement spam and carrier/kangroo then there's no arguing with you.

the bit i highlighted is probably why you're failing.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 04:59:37 am »

the bit i highlighted is probably why you're failing.
I haven't even gotten British grit yet. I've unlocked flanking operation but then I just switch over to PE.

And really, it looks more like the fault of the doctrine/faction to me.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 05:03:25 am »

commando doctrine is indeed pretty terrible Tongue.

Try RSE, Firesparks. They have some pretty nice churchill-based strategies. And if you're taking Brittish grit - spam zem tommiez.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 05:09:14 am »

commando doctrine is indeed pretty terrible Tongue.

Try RSE, Firesparks. They have some pretty nice churchill-based strategies. And if you're taking Brittish grit - spam zem tommiez.
That was the first one I tried, went expert engineers.
Churchill withe hobart's funnies still die to atg fire (not even king tiger is immune to atg, much less churchill).My Marder usually chew up the churchill like crazy.
The other two trees are emplacement spam and carrier/kangaroo spam. Overrepair provide HP but the tree is decidedly built toward usage of carrier/kangaroo.

Tommies with british grit might be worth it, but with US/PE I can get along fine enough without having the t4 specialty, and isn't unit suppose to be priced based on their base stats alone? 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:11:12 am by Firesparks » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 05:20:33 am »

Then you were doing something wrong. Churchil Crocodiles are easily the best tank in the game, as far as cost-efficiency goes : and Expert Engineers capitalises on it. I don't see any way how you could not have succeeded with a properly built Churchil company with EE(Unless you were spamming Mk 4s, of course).

Tommies without brittish grit are quite worth it. Brittish grit just makes them even better(duh).
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2010, 06:11:15 am »

If you really go for Tommie spam then get Hold the Line in RSE. Seriously its better than British Grit, and it can be combined with stuff like Boyz AT and FTFL.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 08:41:09 am »

If you really go for Tommie spam then get Hold the Line in RSE. Seriously its better than British Grit, and it can be combined with stuff like Boyz AT and FTFL.

Further combine it with Defenders of Dunkirk and a hulled down tank...

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2010, 08:43:45 am »

no other vable tactic...

Combine Firefly with Brenz and HMG and mortar pits

Combine stags with Brens, piat, ATG, mortar pits

there you have two strategies that have no weakness and both have one particular strength

Firefly strat = More axis tanks on the field
Stag strat = More Anti infantry on the field

and you Cant say it doesnt work.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2010, 11:02:16 am »

Marders are good against churchills

Its a better choice to send a stag over a church if you have to attack a marder

Only if the churchill is really close as the engagement starts does it seem to favor it

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:09:35 am by Smokaz » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2010, 11:53:21 am »

Marders are good against churchills

Its a better choice to send a stag over a church if you have to attack a marder

Only if the churchill is really close as the engagement starts does it seem to favor it

Better to flank speed a Crommwell and circle strafe the marder (flank speed isn't necessary to circle but to get there undamaged) and have either a FF or church assist.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2010, 11:57:59 am »

true dat, forgot about the cromwell, it works fine too (for more pop)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc