Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:55:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [cw]commando sniper  (Read 8376 times)
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 05:27:59 am »

I'd take a panther over a tiger any day of the week, actually - and you're sort of comparing apples to oranges. Panther is anti-tank, Tiger is anti-infantry in their primary roles.

And no, doctrine unlocks are not supposed to be better than their non-doctrinal equivilents. They're supposed to give you more freedom. If a doctrinal unlock is better than a non-doc equiv, it will most definitely cost more than the non-doc, and be balanced against ALL other units - not just other doctrinal ones.

Yes, the commando sniper is more vulnearable to snipers than regular snipers are. However, he is far more resilient against other things. It's a trade-off, and that's how it should be.
The tiger is anti-everything like more. The panther is stuck in anti-tank mostly because of its small AOE, but you can't really deny that Tiger is also excellent at anti-tank. (this is derailing a bit)
And even taking cost into account, the 105mm is like ~10% more expensive than the 25pdr, but the 105mm is a superior unit by a wide margin.

If you can think of ways to make commando sniper less vulnerable to normal sniper I would hear it. Right now I can use tricks to make sniper as survivable as the commando sniper  but not the other way around.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 06:05:18 am »

The M10 would be very interested in hearing about the Tiger's "Excellent" AT capabilities. So would the M18. And the Firefly. I would also assume the Sherman and the Cromwell wouldn't be particularly interested in the Tiger's cannon either - considering they can both run away without any trouble whatsoever.

The tiger is, in it's essence, a crap tank that relies entirely on it's support to be at all effective. The panther can do it's job without being nudged on by surrounding units much better (with only the bike being at all truly a neccesity).

The 25 pdr also costs less popcap. Yes, it's just one popcap - but it can, and generally does mean a lot. And being closer to the front line means less drift is endured - allowing for more accurate barrages. I'll not argue the 105mm is better - but I'm of the opinion the prices are just about right.

Simple - use your extended sight range to notice the regular sniper before it gets into shooting range. If you didn't, and got shot - then great. Your unit actually has a counter to it!

So, you'll drive around with a halftrack to protect your sniper from surprise 3xbike / bike + puma attacks, and you'll use a jeep of your own to mimmick the commando sniper's extended sight range. You're effectively using nearly twice the popcap to achieve the same immunity from enemy infantry and bike rushes. If I'm allowed to use the same kind of popcap : I'm pretty certain dual commando snipers would be something no enemy sniper would ever dare take a shot at.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 11:14:27 am »

Agreed on Tiger.

Also, Mando sniper is fine.

25lbr is also fine.

M18/M10 > Tiger

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 11:51:13 am »

Too be fair myst the Firefly was designed by the British to snipe tigers from a long range. And thats how it works in EIRR, if a tiger catches the Fire Fly your screwed (and with pathing for British Vehicles as it is its not that hard)

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 11:53:14 am »

Tbh firefly is one of those "only for good players" units

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 01:52:13 pm »

The M10 would be very interested in hearing about the Tiger's "Excellent" AT capabilities. So would the M18. And the Firefly. I would also assume the Sherman and the Cromwell wouldn't be particularly interested in the Tiger's cannon either - considering they can both run away without any trouble whatsoever.

The tiger is, in it's essence, a crap tank that relies entirely on it's support to be at all effective. The panther can do it's job without being nudged on by surrounding units much better (with only the bike being at all truly a neccesity).

The 25 pdr also costs less popcap. Yes, it's just one popcap - but it can, and generally does mean a lot. And being closer to the front line means less drift is endured - allowing for more accurate barrages. I'll not argue the 105mm is better - but I'm of the opinion the prices are just about right.

Simple - use your extended sight range to notice the regular sniper before it gets into shooting range. If you didn't, and got shot - then great. Your unit actually has a counter to it!

So, you'll drive around with a halftrack to protect your sniper from surprise 3xbike / bike + puma attacks, and you'll use a jeep of your own to mimmick the commando sniper's extended sight range. You're effectively using nearly twice the popcap to achieve the same immunity from enemy infantry and bike rushes. If I'm allowed to use the same kind of popcap : I'm pretty certain dual commando snipers would be something no enemy sniper would ever dare take a shot at.
the m10 and Firefly can also tear a panther apart, and generally a sherman and cromwell can outrun a panther. (cromwell with flank speed definitely) .
I'm in doubt whether you've used the 25 pdr before. Even with the shorter range the 25 pdr is still horribly inaccurate, and there's not much stopping you from building the 105mm close to the front either (aside from protection). The 105mm also deals 200 damage compare to the 125 damage on the 25 pdr. That's actually quite a difference in practice.

The extended sight range isn't going to help you spot a cloaking sniper. that's kind of the problem. Generally if you know the enemy is running sniper on the field you don't have your sniper running around uncloak near the frontline.

I generally have Jeep/bike around to help with spotting anyway, and I can just use normal infantry to spot (not as effective but still workable). The halftrack also allow the sniper to make a very quick get away, it's better than the commandos sniper's cloak. You're also forgetting about price. Dual sniper is very heavy on munition and manpower.

My sniper did got ambushed by mp44 storm of all things. The commandos sniper only has 7m detection, same as normal infantry.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:54:26 pm by Firesparks » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 02:18:37 pm »

And to dismantel a tiger, tremendous micro is usually needed
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 02:39:34 pm »

or on the flipside ''use vs retard players''

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 10:37:58 pm »

Tigers are, well in need of support because of there general slow movment and turret rotation.

Panthers do not suffer from this, however they do not have the same armor or health.

Commando snipers are a bitch to kill and this makes them and even bigger psykological effect on the field. Bikes have hard time dealing with them fast enough before they get killed, plus the smoke gives you another 3-6 sec to rescue the fuckers.
Plus there is 2 of them witch makes it much much easier to retain vet which in itself is a great thing!

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 07:58:36 pm »

And no, doctrine unlocks are not supposed to be better than their non-doctrinal equivilents. They're supposed to give you more freedom. If a doctrinal unlock is better than a non-doc equiv, it will most definitely cost more than the non-doc, and be balanced against ALL other units - not just other doctrinal ones.

Doctrine units are usually more specialized and better than non-doctrine units. Why would you waste points to unlock a unit that is no more effective than what you have already when you can get offmaps or activated abilities for the same points?

Unlocked units have to be better than the normal units or they just aren't viable.

exactly. If the AB sniper wasnt able to one shot all of the Axis basic infantry.. why take it than.

AB Sniper still is countered by the same counters of any other Basic sniper. Its just slightly harder. which is justifyed. Its a Doctrine unit- T2.

lol
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:03:48 pm by Firesparks » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 08:33:41 pm »

Thats mysts own opinion.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 08:44:10 pm »

You have to earn the doctrine, so it is justified to be better then the non-doctrine equivilant. Just not Uber-rape OP
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2010, 08:45:37 pm »

You are dead on Spartan. It has to be slightly better. but not Uber OP

+1
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 08:47:36 pm »

There no real way to say I agree without looking like I'm jumping onto a bandwagon, so...
+1 :3

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2010, 08:50:16 pm »

The super snipers were a shit idea.. internal was informed that both the ab one and the terror one are underpowered for cost.. over a month ago
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc