Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:38:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Chat Tab?  (Read 8346 times)
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« on: August 13, 2010, 06:39:53 am »

Another suggestion, Promise this will be the last, but I find this will be the most important of the suggestions.
Is it possible the Launcher to have a team chat tab, since this mod strife's  on teamwork, if theres no teamwork, then you will lose, and if you don't, its because you got lucky and had more teamwork then the other team.
So is it possible to have a team talk tab so you can start talking tatics before you even launch CoH. It be mainly useful so you know what docs other people are, and you are able to talk about the quirks of your company, Like...
P1:-Lol dudes, I have Volk spam with Fausts! P2:-Well, I have a Flak 88.
Well, If I put my Volk Spam with your 88, We could totally own them..derp
Saves having to do it in game, and more importantly, allows you to rebuild your company so you don't get into a situation where because 2 dudes have a company with it Tank spammed with hardly any Inf, so you don't lose, because 2 dudes had a tank spammed company with hardly any Inf...

Don't know how hard this would be to put in, but hopefully it won't be that hard so it would be SO beneficial Smiley

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:44:25 am »

Wrong forum section, and it sounds cool.

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 06:55:30 am »

great point btw

Senseless and ruthless.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 08:08:41 am »

Wrong forum section, and it sounds cool.

It's in the wrong section?
Don't think it is, because this topic is in Suggestions subforum, which is in the EiR discussion forum which is the forum for ALL topics about EiR which the Launcher is including in...
and if it isn't then shoot ma boot D:
But yeah, really would a nice feature the launcher, specially when the only way to tell your allies (or "axis") what your rocking with is to tell the enemy too...
I don't think the enemy needs to know that you've got 2 pershings for example... But I'm sure your ally does ^^
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 08:11:52 am »

just get on vent u noobs
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 08:14:28 am »

just get on vent u noobs
Cba, Means I got to talk to people, Sometimes, People I don't like D:
Plus, Not everyone has Vent and can be bothered to get it..
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 08:15:49 am »

Vent is like a 5 second download. Talking to people you don't like, is 75% of the purpose.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 08:22:09 am »

True, Still doesn't mean people will use it though, Plus, I find it easier to type because of my smexy britishness and my HEARING PROBLEM (hard of hearing ftl) means people don't really understand me, so when I say something more complicated then a line...all I get is...
MeSpeaking:-"Right guys, I'm going to flank right around here, get behind that MG and mortar and try and cut them off and get them by suprise, just keep up the attack"
Team:-"What...? Say that again, I missed that"
Me:-"I'm going to flank around the enemy"
Team:-"...What? Dude say it again..."
*I ping the map in a flanking sort of way*
MeTypes:-I'm going to flank around the enemy and get them from behind.
TeamSpeaking:-"Oh, Got ya, Yeah, go ahead, Shall try and support from the front"

...Nuff said.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:24:16 am by MittinsKittens » Logged
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 08:42:57 am »

just get on vent u noobs

cmon guys, u will always cry "Get a vent NOOB" but launcher must have same build-in features for team cooperate
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 09:24:36 am »

It doesnt matter that much truth be told, when you're a eirr noob you're either gonna:

1) misunderstand / dont understand what the other guy is asking you to do
2) do it 10 minutes later
3) go into a YOUR NOT MY MOTHER-fit
4) try to do it, but talking and moving the mouse at the same time foils you
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 09:32:19 am »

Harsh but true :<
Still, Then at least put it in for the "pr0s" :<
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 10:45:17 am »

Teams can change in EiR, and when the teams are set (like when everyone clicks on "ready for supplies" and then "ready to launch") it takes a maximum of 3-5 minutes to go through the entire process.  After that you're pretty much in CoH already.  The only exceptions are the occasional AFKs.  Is doing all of this extra work (however little it might be) worth it to get those 3-5 minutes of strategy in?  Why not just talk about it while everyone is getting into the game in CoH?

Besides, have you ever really had a "strategy" with a random teammate?  I haven't.  The only people I run real "strategies" with are the ones I play with very often.  Besides those few people, I couldn't care less what doctrine my partner is or what unit he's spamming.  It's like when I play with a relatively new player and the first thing he tells me is "I'm Armor."  Then he proceeds to tell me everything in his company.  Am I really going to be able to remember that when I am focused on the game?  No.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 10:53:44 am »

Teams can change in EiR, and when the teams are set (like when everyone clicks on "ready for supplies" and then "ready to launch") it takes a maximum of 3-5 minutes to go through the entire process.  After that you're pretty much in CoH already.  The only exceptions are the occasional AFKs.  Is doing all of this extra work (however little it might be) worth it to get those 3-5 minutes of strategy in?  Why not just talk about it while everyone is getting into the game in CoH?

Besides, have you ever really had a "strategy" with a random teammate?  I haven't.  The only people I run real "strategies" with are the ones I play with very often.  Besides those few people, I couldn't care less what doctrine my partner is or what unit he's spamming.  It's like when I play with a relatively new player and the first thing he tells me is "I'm Armor."  Then he proceeds to tell me everything in his company.  Am I really going to be able to remember that when I am focused on the game?  No.

To build on what fallen said, generally if you have played past your noob 50 game marker, you don't even need to talk half the time. Its as easy as seeing what he called in and you can usually think of a good way to support it

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 11:03:32 am »

Don't need to collaborate with the naabs. Doesn't give enough returns in the short run. Could evaluate if he has some inner muscle and then decide if he's worth it. Instead of trying to change them, change the surrounding conditions. Say the naab only has tanks, then you remove all the enemy AT. Say the naab camps his spawn, then you have to muscle it out twice as hard. Say you see him going to attempt something suicidal, put enough pressure somewhere else as a distractionary or use him as a distraction or smash the kill zone yourself.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 11:07:49 am »

You big phony. If he tells you his doctrine he might have some kind of useful arty piece or spam you can benefit from. "Im inf" - "Ok, so you have a triage?" "Im armornoob - Ok so you have a calli?" etc

If der nubi shoobi doobi noob tells you his entire company, thats when you should have cut him off after the first 2-3 dryathlons and said "OK DO YOU HAVE 3 JEEPS CUZ POTTER ALWAYS SPAMS SNIPERS?"

MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 04:31:08 pm »

+1,000,000 for Smokaz comments on this thread btw. 

But really somtimes I have wanted to say something to my teamate in the EIR:R launcher, who is not on vent or whatever, and then realize that once were in EIR and about to start, hes more likely to listen to my typing then in the Launcher.  It would be nice to have you "allied chat" just to see what company someone is using, but other then that what's the point?

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 04:40:55 pm »

Because vent is down and you want to talk tatics Cheesy
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 04:43:29 pm »

Would be nice if you could see someone's core after everyone has done 'S', maybe a menu as well that would pop up when you click launch saying '3v3 starting, Smokaz (AB) Smokaz2 (AB) and Smokazzitheassistant (INF) vs Morka (Blitz) Dorka (Blitz) Schmorka (Scorched Earth), would you like to start COH?'

Also it would be nice if EIRRlauncher could stay open during the coh game, because this sometimes could help us communicate with people who have weird names noone can remember ingame and aren't joining the lobby game inside COH
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 04:50:49 pm »

Smokaz you mean EVERYONE will get to see everyone else company or only your team can see the company, because that would make a ton more sense now. 

@Mittens: But like everyone said what is there really to talk about that you cant just talk about at the beginning or during game. If you play with someone enough you automatically know what to do, and unless your playing with only infantry and support, and your teammate is all infantry and support(randomly and almost impossible), then I just dont get the point of it.  And the only reason I say this is because it seems like alot of hardwiring for something that isn't that big a deal.  Like I said Ive wanted it occasionally, but it didnt change my playing experience at all. 
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 04:54:56 pm »

Wow, both of them sounds like awesome ideas.
That being able to keep eir open would be brilliant, saves having to jump in and out of coh so we can back into the laucher to see where other people have got too ^^
And that being to see the enemy docs would be awesome. Being able to predict a pershing or a callopy or a howy would be good more then worse :3
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc