Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:37:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Chat Tab?  (Read 8319 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 04:56:35 pm »

No i mean that you should be able to see the doctrines of everyone in the game as you ready up, for a lot of the leaderboard players you can already do this by just checking the leaderboard

Say you go to the PE leaderboard, you look for me, you find out that I have a lot of vet 3 FSJ, or a vet 3 hummel, then you know that I'm SE or Luft by just that, seeing as how this is transparent for the companies with a lot of vet it might as well be like this for everyone

That way you can begin scheming in your head as you go into the game, and be like ok the other two guys are defensive, what can I add to their armies? And we are going up against triple armor, it's too late to make any changes to my company but I should expect a lot shermans etc..

as for the company itself I just figured it would be cool if a player were able to click a teammate's name and look at their company, just be able to see through their tabs, once you are readied up

this is how it would be in the launcher:

1. Someone hosts a game
2. Mewling, cursing and stack-accusations (aka players join)
3. Game is full
4. Everyone does S (the ready for supplies before ready to launch)
5. Everyone on both teams can now see the doctrines, maybe just a small icon shows up
6. Everyone is RTL, you can check your teammate's companies before you launch
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 04:59:16 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 05:10:34 pm »

What I thought you meant. Sounds good tbh Smiley
Would like this to be in the game(well, the launcher).

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 05:57:59 am »

just get on vent u noobs
+1

Actually EIRR should be playable only if you have ventrilo Grin

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 06:06:42 am »

...If you haven't noticed our vent is down. So there goes that theory, if we took your idea, EiR would now be literally unplayable Sad
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 06:15:52 am »

...If you haven't noticed our vent is down. So there goes that theory, if we took your idea, EiR would now be literally unplayable Sad

so EiR is unplayable atm? there is no teamchat and no vent.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 07:16:09 am »

I'll be adding in a team chat system with the warmap Wink

And a setting to allow a rank limit for the message (to stop those smurfing double crosser accounts!)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 12:02:06 pm »

Three cheers for EIRMOD!!!

HIP HIP- HOORAY!

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 12:36:46 pm »

Awesome Cheesy
Take that nay-sayers. Although, what would be the point of the level limit talk thing? I don't really see why you want to bother with that? Unless you're trying to get a game going with highbies and you want to get them all to quickly join Shocked?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 12:38:56 pm »

It keeps players from making noob Alts and using them to spy on the channel.

MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2010, 12:45:36 pm »

Oh I see, quite a lot of effort for not really much gain is it :x
True you will kinda know what they got, but it isn't going to stop you not knowing when its going to hit the field Smiley
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 05:51:49 pm »

Oh I see, quite a lot of effort for not really much gain is it :x
True you will kinda know what they got, but it isn't going to stop you not knowing when its going to hit the field Smiley
Well thats only thinking about the game from the 'In COH' aspect.

What about team talk thats about the warmap and what sector to hit, or what orders to place etc etc - that needs some sort of limiter.

Also note, that the rank will probably NOT mean your company rank, but rank within the warmap - but thats yet to be finalised.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 06:14:43 pm »

Oh I see, I thought you meant company rank. And the capture orders would be talked about in the game, more even more likely on the fly in the game.
We've all heard the saying, "of mice and men".
And warmap ranks, that sounds intresting :O!
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 06:17:07 pm »

Thats the whole flavour I want to get going.

That there ARE traitors in the ranks feeding info back and forth - Im even making the mechanics so that it can happen =)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010, 06:19:04 pm »

Thats the whole flavour I want to get going.

That there ARE traitors in the ranks feeding info back and forth - Im even making the mechanics so that it can happen =)

So what Im getting is that you can be a spy?

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2010, 06:24:39 pm »

Why would you want to be a spy, do you get more benefits or something if you do? And will there be a system for you too get caught?
If so, that sounds flipping amazing :O
I want this now EiR D;
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2010, 06:52:00 pm »

What I mean is - the system can be played from both sides atm right?  (You can have an axis OR an allied account)

If you MAINLY play axis, you will rank up in the warmap obviously, and have greater visibility / access to actions etc etc.

If for some reason, you swap to playing allied for a game, that 'account' wont see much of his own troops.  In fact, to get any intel at all, he has to play a game or two.

If that account ranks up a LOT, then all of a sudden, you have a spy in the midst, but at the same time he is helping the war for the allies, while gathering (in theory at least) intel for his Axis account.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010, 08:03:06 pm »

Oh I get you now, although, must admit, you really got my hopes up. I was really looking forward to this spy feature the warmap was going to "have". Shame. Could of been a fun aspect if done right Tongue
And this warmap is starting to sound a bit more complicated then I thought it was going to be, I thought it was going to be a simple case of having a system take account the amount of wins that have happened for each side and have it so one side is pushing into the system deems the game won by a side and start again x3
Guess not.. Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc