Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:52:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [us] Airborne Sniper  (Read 23731 times)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 08:06:29 pm »

PG isn't exactly "basic infantry".

lol

Sorry to burst your bubble. PGs are basic infantry, so are Assault greniders. Grens. Volks. Fallschirmjager (maybe you should start a thread about FJ's getting one shotted by snipers aswell than)

Only unit is KCH that can withstand a sniper shot.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 08:07:49 pm »

but it cant' kill grens in one shot

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3060/airborne.jpg

it has a shorter range, high los, heroic armor doesn't do criticals and has a higher rof.

like the us sniper does headshots, the only thing it can't kill in one hit is kch and officers, other wise the us sniper will take out anything in one shot, but the ab sniper can't, it actually takes 3-4 hits to take out one kch dude

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 08:08:51 pm »

Sorry to burst your bubble. PGs are basic infantry, so are Assault greniders. Grens. Volks. Fallschirmjager (maybe you should start a thread about FJ's getting one shotted by snipers aswell than)

Firesparks ftw lol PG are basically infantry cuz uh, all PE docs have them. Same as volks grens, and kch i can't believe firesparks actually says panzer grens aren't basic infantry...
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 08:10:24 pm »

Volks and rifleman are 5/6 men squad that cost ~190.

PG are 215 mp per squad and have 4 men only. The loss of one PG is fairly painful, not like getting losing a volk.

Firesparks ftw lol PG are basically infantry cuz uh, all PE docs have them. Same as volks grens, and kch i can't believe firesparks actually says panzer grens aren't basic infantry...
The PG are closer in price to the Wehr Gren than the volks. Volks getting one-shot by AB sniper is not a very big deal because they are cheap. The PG isn't so disposable, and they small squad size make them more vulnerable to losing a man.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:13:55 pm by Firesparks » Logged

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 08:14:24 pm »

Ah thanks for clearling that up Tym.

Volks and rifleman are 5/6 men squad that cost ~190.

PG are 215 mp per squad and have 4 men only. The loss of one PG is fairly painful, not like getting losing a volk.
The PG are in between the Grenadiers and the Volks in price. Volks getting one-shot by AB sniper is not a very big deal because they are cheap. The PG isn't so disposable, and they small squad size make them more vulnerable to losing a man.

Thats not how we base the term of basic infantry firesparks
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 08:15:52 pm »

Still doesn't stop the fact they are basic squads, and snipers have always been a problem to PE, even in vCoH with normal snipers so you can't really balance the snipers in the game for the sake of PG's :/

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 08:16:38 pm »

Ah thanks for clearling that up Tym.

Thats not how we base the term of basic infantry firesparks
Oh come on. What arbitrary critique do you base "basic infantry". The fact is that the PG is more expensive than the volks. You can't exactly just treat the PG as disposable as the volks.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:31:12 pm by Firesparks » Logged
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 08:20:38 pm »

Sadly Fire, most of us on these forums are going to agree, even if they are "expensive" that PG's are basic squads. In fact, every single squad is besides, KCH's, Rangers, AB, and all the various types of Officers.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 08:21:52 pm »

Oh, and stormtroopers.
(I lack an edit button on ma phone.)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 08:22:41 pm »

Ill answer your question with another Question

What are Wehr Grens classed in your mind.

They are neither Elite infantry and are Non doctrinal which makes them....

And in relation to PG's this applys to.

I dont have the time to explain it to him, someone else please.

Mittins is right on his analysis of Basic infantry squads.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 08:33:34 pm »

Oh come on. What arbitrary critique do you base "basic infantry". The fact is that the PG is more expensive than the volks. You can't exactly just treat the PG as disposable as the volks.

Of course they are, they have POTENTIAL with thier weaponry to be more a little more useful but if you take them both as vanilla Pg's may have a little more HP, but volks have an extra man

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 08:36:37 pm »

This thread is failing lol. Ab sniper is op cause it is ab... That is all

Pgrens are basic infantry in a faction that is ment to be vehicle dominated. And are good cause they are better than volks and u can have lots of them.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2010, 08:39:22 pm »

I use them as chuck away units like Volks, so I don't see what the dealo is, in fact, they are better because they can get more shots off being they get retreated off or die :3
Although, on my Fall account I got Waffle/Fall spam instead of PG's x3
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 08:41:30 pm »

I wonder what would happen if we switched pgren's soldier armor with elite armor. Think anyone would notice?

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2010, 08:42:27 pm »

I use them as chuck away units like Volks, so I don't see what the dealo is, in fact, they are better because they can get more shots off being they get retreated off or die :3
Although, on my Fall account I got Waffle/Fall spam instead of PG's x3

I disagree, volks with mp44's and fausts are scary on the battlefield
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2010, 08:43:21 pm »

We would now ;3
And don't do it for PG's. Me and Smokaz would love you if you did it for Waffles, least, I would Cheesy
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2010, 08:45:52 pm »

Here's whats what:

Basic inf: Rifles, Engineers, assault rifles
             Sappers
             Panzergrens, assault-grens, tank busters, luftwaffle
             Volks, Pios

Medium/light assault infantry:
                                          Commandos, Tommies
                                          Fallschirmjagers
                                          Grenadiers

Heavy infantry:

Airborne, Airborne rifles, Rangers
                       Stormtroopers, KCH

Further explanations...

- Americans have good basic infantry, no medium infantry and very good heavy infantry
- PE has good basic and medium infantry, but no heavy
- Brits have weak basic inf, very good medium infantry (tommies) and less mediums (commandos)
- Wehr got good basic infantry, very good medium infantry and a good elite infantry

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:52:34 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2010, 08:49:00 pm »

but it cant' kill grens in one shot

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3060/airborne.jpg

it has a shorter range, high los, heroic armor doesn't do criticals and has a higher rof.

like the us sniper does headshots, the only thing it can't kill in one hit is kch and officers, other wise the us sniper will take out anything in one shot, but the ab sniper can't, it actually takes 3-4 hits to take out one kch dude
The normal sniper can't snipe the KCh either. The AB rifle and normal rifle have the same crit in regard to KCH.

grenadier, storm, and sniper are the only area where the AB snipers are inferior compare to the normal sniper, and the AB have heroic crit themselves.

The AB sniper have 5 less range(45), but it has 10 more sight(45) as well. The sniper can shoot farther if you use a spotter but the AB sniper can snipe farther if he's working alone.  The ab also have Fire up.

Ill answer your question with another Question

What are Wehr Grens classed in your mind.

They are neither Elite infantry and are Non doctrinal which makes them....

And in relation to PG's this applys to.

I dont have the time to explain it to him, someone else please.

Mittins is right on his analysis of Basic infantry squads.

The volks and rifle are basic squad, filler you can use to fill up your rank. They are very cheap per man. They are the most commonly used.

Gren are a good bit more expensive. They are not specialize doctrine like the Elite infantry but their price are fairly hefty. Go through dictionary if you want, but the gren are definitely not a green/cheap/fodder/basic/throwaway/meat squad like the volks or rifle. Better than basic but not as good as elite? Trained? veteran? crack? core?

The panzer grenadier themselves are also not as cheap or weak like the volks, but not quite at the level of grenadier. For classification purpose you can probably put PG in the same class of grenadier unless you want "better than basic but not as good as those not as good as elite"

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 08:50:11 pm »

- Brits have weak basic inf, very good medium infantry and okayish medium inf

Brits inf is specialized to be defensive im not sure if its true, but in green cover they defeat others in green cover but out of cover the same unit ooc will defeat them (or so it seems)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2010, 08:51:08 pm »

Sappers are basic inf, not tommies, they are same class as grenadiers for obvious reasons.

Even tommies with bren+LT aren't heavy infantry, and neither are grens with a lmg and a medikit.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:54:07 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc