Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:49:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Variety  (Read 5510 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 21, 2010, 05:29:11 pm »

Just a thought, with some people tired of grinding up companies and talks about a new grindless system i had some thoughts myself.

First Increased vet levels.

Why not increase unit vet levels up to 5, it would increase the fun people could have with playing. I am not talking about having a unit become completely OP after, but maybe 4 levels with increasing xp needed to get them, that have little buffs and a nice jump to get to vet 5 with a medium buff/buffs.

Second Variety

To me and a few others i was talking too it seems like a good idea. (Salan's Fall of France gave me inspiration and a few of the ideas too) The grind seems so much worse because when you snag like for example Rangers all you get are Rangers with 3 options. It could be so much more, i mean why not have when you get to rangers and unlock it you get.

Rangers

-Rangers
--(standard Rangers already in EIRR with same Upgrades)

-Ranger Recon
--a low cost 2-3 man squad with engy smgs and cloaks in cover

-Ranger Bar Squad
--standard Ranger size squad with 1 bar
This same idea could be applied to so many types of squads that could possibly change how they are used and make the game even more interesting. ex. Stormtrooper assault squad (gets 1 mp44 and heroic armour and regular nade not bundle but loses cloak)

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
metristanharris Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 05:32:53 pm »

why not do wot they do in OMG (or at least they claim) vet5 u get to name the unit (i know its sad but hey wtf)  Grin Tongue

-RoyalHants
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 05:35:08 pm »

why not do wot they do in OMG (or at least they claim) vet5 u get to name the unit (i know its sad but hey wtf)  Grin Tongue

As i remember that i suggested 1-2 years ago. It takes to long to code. we dont have enough coders to stray away from actual business of finishing the mod

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
metristanharris Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 05:35:55 pm »

As i remember that i suggested 1-2 years ago. It takes to long to code. we dont have enough coders to stray away from actual business of finishing the mod
nawwwwww shame Sad
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 05:37:27 pm »

omg never really did it anyway, they had tons of great ideas that never made it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 05:40:07 pm »

Having it so that everyone can name their own unit is immensely impractical given the size of our player base. Having the named on the forums and the database is incredibly straight forward but having those names display in game is a coding/patch process AFAIK(given that names are stored in the RGD's)

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 05:40:39 pm »

My basic point is with a persistancy mod or persistancy anything, there is a certain amount of grind to be expected it honestly comes down to not "what are we going to do about the grind" but to the players of "why should we go through with the grind"

And a little unit variety would be a very good reason in my mind
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 05:48:50 pm »

there already are new units. and they are working on even more new "reward" units. all with their own role and art to distinguish them.

but adding 50 extra units all with the same role(thompson ranger, bar ranger, bren ranger, recon ranger) doesnt add anything.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 05:52:17 pm »

there already are new units. and they are working on even more new "reward" units. all with their own role and art to distinguish them.

but adding 50 extra units all with the same role(thompson ranger, bar ranger, bren ranger, recon ranger) doesnt add anything.

except they don't have to have the same role

bar ranger - is ranged

thomp - close combat

recon - recon

And Reward units aren't earned by leveling up, they will be gifts completely different
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 05:55:32 pm »

you dont know how the reward units will be implemented.

if you want ranged AI use a hmg or a bar rifle

if you want close combat use a thomspon or flamethrower

if you want recon use a jeep or a m8

those are all different kinds of units that also LOOK different. all roles have already been occupied by 2(or more) units. there is no need.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 05:58:25 pm »

you dont know how the reward units will be implemented.

EIRRMod has said they will be implemented through the war map

if you want ranged AI use a hmg or a bar rifle

if you want close combat use a thomspon or flamethrower

if you want recon use a jeep or a m8

those are all different kinds of units that also LOOK different. all roles have already been occupied by 2(or more) units. there is no need.

why should i be limited to only those, why shouldn't we have units that do it a little differently to add variety, or weaker forms of the same thing for a lesser price
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 06:03:03 pm »

EIRRMod has said they will be implemented through the war map

and brn4meplz(i think) said some warmap units will simply be added to everyone (like the new nebel and pak).
why should i be limited to only those, why shouldn't we have units that do it a little differently to add variety, or weaker forms of the same thing for a lesser price
because it is useless and very confusing. would it be fun to play chess with 50 different kinds of pieces that all look the same?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 06:05:39 pm »

because it is useless and very confusing. would it be fun to play chess with 50 different kinds of pieces that all look the same?

Hell, in your terms we did, it was called Fall of France and i found the VARIETY very refreshing and fun not one moment of confusion, (except when the russians swarmed down at me and i didn't know what to do)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 06:11:57 pm »

i found fall of france fun indeed. but not because of the massive amount of units. it was fun because of the new gameplay fof offers (fixed recourses, different capping system, units have more accuracy, lots of fighting, etc) and i think the amount of different units in fof was more like a downside. didnt you hear lionell when he tried to play as the russians?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 06:14:11 pm »

i found fall of france fun indeed. but not because of the massive amount of units. it was fun because of the new gameplay fof offers (fixed recourses, different capping system, units have more accuracy, lots of fighting, etc) and i think the amount of different units in fof was more like a downside. didnt you hear lionell when he tried to play as the russians?

Yes because they had no description
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 06:17:23 pm »

oh please...
the descriptions were fine, the problem was they all said the same thing.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 06:33:25 pm »

FOF is very confusing and people who play it alot benefit as they know what tree's have what etc.

its so confusing it gets frustrating when you dont understand how to get a certian unitcuz theres so many
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 06:50:21 pm »

When unit descriptions come in, all the confusion will go I think. Plus, Salan wants to make a kind of wiki page for the mod so you can find out about all the units ect Smiley
And also, I love to see Ranger X's. Would be awesome since I'm a MASSIVE sucker for units, even if they are worse then similar things to them. Really want to get my defensive to rank 7 so I can recomissioned weapons for that pak 36 and direct fire nebel Cheesy
Also want to level my SE for my Assault Flammen troops <3, I loved them things when they first came about.

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 07:00:58 pm »

err.. uh this isn't about fof or me so keep on track here.

Fof can be confusing because there are a lot of units, and dare i say some even share the same roles, I should probably cut it down in size to more unique units per faction as leophone was discussing last night.

EiR has some holes it can fill for sure, and Bob has stated previously he was going to look into filling them for everyone.
EIR has many ways to put new units in.

Free in the pool.
Doctrine unlock.
Warmap unlock.
Reward unlock.

It is in their best interest to fill the holes that exist, and put the rest in one of the other three ways, they aren't oblivious to this either.  Bob's a smart cookie, he isn't going to add a tank, say the m36, simply to replace the role of something else.  He would rather fill a unfilled hole like a all faction heavy tank like the jumbo or support like the 105.

there are indeed tons of new models and units out which don't need to be faked, and I believe EIR will use them, the current quietness in production doesn't mean it doesn't exist... its summer time for most of us.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 07:03:45 pm »

@Mittins. There are unit description. but there are just so many units to know its not fun when you just starting out and you are a casual gamer who doesnt have the time to read, how to unlock crucial units and or read the wiki page
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc