Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 02:26:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad  (Read 57130 times)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2011, 05:18:38 am »

heya m8 u killed 4 in a row nice 1 m8, howrya m8, did u use aimbot m8, or did u just spray and pray, lol ok m8, glhf m8, cu m8.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2011, 05:53:03 am »

Looks even worse than the original RO, lol
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2011, 06:36:57 am »

Im amazed the FPS is still pretty low.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2011, 11:50:23 am »

Dude you are raping that game with low settings like that!

Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2011, 12:13:21 pm »

Well sometimes when you reload the reload animation is invisible.

It has absolutely nothing to do with that. It's a known bug that it can take 2-3 clicks to get the first shot to fire.

Also, latest patch gave a HUGE frames boost. Running 50-70+ frames now on all high (except AA/shadows).
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2011, 02:21:12 pm »

Well fuck. Seems like we might not have it, at least not in working multiplayer order, until tomorrow Sad
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2011, 02:51:27 pm »

Looks even worse than the original RO, lol

You have no idea what you're talking about, lol

That screenshot may not look fantastic. But just playing the game everything looks fantastic, and it did not look fantastic in RO1. Even on lowest settings it looks so dynamic and lifelike and awesome.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:57:35 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2011, 03:51:54 pm »

Errr

This is RO1

Now tell me on low settings (skaffa's SS) it still looks better than the first.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2011, 04:09:36 pm »

I couldn't care less about graphics. The HUGE change for me between the two games is the control and movement.  Trying to turn in RO1 was a nightmare because your head(screen) had some leeway but beyond it's area you then started to turn. I had to jack my sensitivity to get my character to turn properly.

Darkest Hour for me was nearly perfect. Their suppression was top notch, their controls, their tanks. Shit they even have player controlled moveable Mortars

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2011, 04:52:40 pm »

Errr

This is RO1
http://i1-games.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/8-2878_1.jpg
Now tell me on low settings (skaffa's SS) it still looks better than the first.

Have you played both of the games and then made that comparison? Skaffas image was ruined with all the HUD stuff and the picture that you brought of RO1 does not resemble the graphics of the first game well. It's a propaganda picture.
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2011, 08:19:26 pm »

How's that?
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2011, 01:00:35 pm »

Tbh, Ive played about 60 hours now. And the inevitable has happened, pubs are getting boring, as always with FPS games after a while I need to play clanwars to keep it interesting, so kinda meh.

Also, I feel this game is not really anything special, I prolly like cod1 over RO2, better combat system and the games looks ugly on low yet pathetic FPS rates, I can make cod1 look better with 200 FPS constant yafeelme. Aswell the killing on longer ranges, I have to shoot meters in front of them, its so random, I dunno, looks gay, its pretty hard too, its not like you can shoot a little before them and hit them, but it differs from range, and range is hard to judge when you just want to shoot someone fast. Hopefully the game will get a bit better as they fix shit. But after the initial awsmness of experiencing a new game its not really impressing.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2011, 01:16:56 pm »

So youre saying its too realistic and hard, and you cba to adjust to a game where its not cod where you just put the + on the target and click.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2011, 01:26:37 pm »

Thats not what he said at all volksy. Pay more attention.

He's saying there is no challenge. A common problem among Pro/High tier players. I agree with him, I know how he's feeling, if you lead each match by ~100 points for 3 matches in a row it's kinda like... why play right now?

I've been picking whichever team is at a blatant disadvantage when I get into matches. (Axis on Grain, Allies on Commissar's) Simply because without a Challenge there is nothing to hold you. Sure you might have intense moments but I need a challenge to thrive
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2011, 02:12:04 pm »

So youre saying its too realistic and hard, and you cba to adjust to a game where its not cod where you just put the + on the target and click.

Well, tbh, I dont believe in this 'realism' crap RO2 seems to provide and everyone going 'haha cod kiddies stay out, RO2 is realistic!'.

I dont give a shit about realism if it ruins balance or just provides weird gameplay, the semi automatic is far superior to the bolt, there is no benefit of the bolt over the semi or anything, just stupid. Make it fun and nerf that semi long range or make it need 2 shots to kill, do SOMETHING.

The mp40 is way too good, atleast in cod its balanced, atleast there its bad at long range.
With my bolt i need to peek around a corner, aim for some1 and hit him, which is pretty random, while with mp40 its just spray infront of them and long range it will  still hit, so why bother with the bolt.
Even medium ranges, someone sprinting, fuck the bolt, just use mp40 and spray in front of him to kill him, easy, with the bolt its retarded where you have to shoot.  Just try it, shoot 50m and watch the bullet lagg, the impact is like couple seconds later.
Atleast in cod1, from 10 years ago, you could kill moving people with proper aim, here its pretty much luck based. So you have to wait for enemy to be stationary, yawn, or pop his head out of a window.

People call this 'realism', everything they say is 'hey man its realistic', dude fuck off, I want a proper combat system that works and thats balanced.
What about spawning on squadleader, bandaging urself, weapon dissapearing on your shoulder, VERY REALISTIC MAN, no no thats all fine.

BC2 even has better combat system, on long range you aim a bit higher, if you have good aim you can kill running people with the Garand which is so awsm to do, its pretty hard but it can be done with skill, weapons are balanced, it all works.

Also the squad system, it works great there, in RO2 its just basic and shit, in BC2 you have all kinds of vehicles to get in with your teamm8s on vent, very well made for teamplay, RO2 is just another FPS game, running around on a public shooting people, attempting to get some teamwork going but its nothing compared to whats alrdy out there plus it doesnt really work.
Running around in a pub, well that shit is old, we all played that in cod1 2 and 4, its fun but after a while publics get boring, so you need to play clanwars (which is usually awsm). So 10 years after cod1 I dont see anything special about RO2, all they bring to the table is this half ass realism which supposedly makes it awsm. Who cares about having to reload your gun urself all the time, wow very realistic, so awsm I have to press R instead of it doing it automatically. It might be fun in the start 'hey funny realism', but in the end it all boils down to the combat system and all the realism needs to make way for balance and skillbased gameplay.

The combat in RO2 is sit in a window, wait for some1 to pop his head up, or see them crawl somewhere, then shoot him, shooting running people in the distance is pretty much impossible to realibly do.

The maps are full of windows, everyone is just camping in a window, waiting for people.

I like countdown the most.

All in all, the game was fun in the start, but after all the 'new stuff' it boils down to unbalanced weapons, bad/useless squad system, near impossibility to hit people on the move, a halfass attempt to promote teamwork etc. So therefor I think cod1 is prolly better than RO2, because even tho that game is 10 years old it doesnt have those negative aspects and RO2 is nothing new, atleast BC2 has awsm gameplay AND awsm teamwork possiblities, RO2 has neither.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:15:16 pm by skaffa » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2011, 02:15:26 pm »

+1

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2011, 02:16:04 pm »

I completely agree, realism should always take a backseat to gameplay.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2011, 02:18:18 pm »

I never bought RO1 for the Realism. Shit, I didn't even buy RO1 for the Gameplay. I bought RO1 for Darkest Hour and I'm hoping the mod team gets a DH mod for RO2 out ASAP.

I like the game play but thats probably because I'm not a 'Sit in a window' guy. Most of the people I kill are guys who just sit in the same place for 5 mins and then I come up behind them and shoot them in the kidney. I think the Tactical elements could really shine in a clan match but they need to sharpen the Suppression mechanics and the Bullet velocities before anything.

I just want Proper Tank combat in a DH mod for RO2
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:21:22 pm by brn4meplz » Logged
Audemed Offline
Donator

« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2011, 03:29:40 pm »

Wall of text.

IDK why you're complaining about having to lead targets. If you feel like instant bullets, there's COD, DOD, and plenty of other non-ballistic modeled games. RO and BF have always had bullet lead. Sure, it seems easier on BFBC2 because, well, every gun has a 400m effective range, and a 20-40 round mag, you have red-dot sights, and every gun has tracers. RO has never been for the "twitch" gamer market, despite what they've done in RO2 to try to appeal to that more. It's one of those things, really, that's just not going to happen. SC/2 players coming to COH would feel the same way; everything isn't 100% set in stone, there's margin for error, and if you want everything absolute, you won't appreciate it.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2011, 03:35:46 pm »

IDK why you're complaining about having to lead targets. If you feel like instant bullets, there's COD, DOD, and plenty of other non-ballistic modeled games. RO and BF have always had bullet lead. Sure, it seems easier on BFBC2 because, well, every gun has a 400m effective range, and a 20-40 round mag, you have red-dot sights, and every gun has tracers. RO has never been for the "twitch" gamer market, despite what they've done in RO2 to try to appeal to that more. It's one of those things, really, that's just not going to happen. SC/2 players coming to COH would feel the same way; everything isn't 100% set in stone, there's margin for error, and if you want everything absolute, you won't appreciate it.

WHOA. Look, most weapons have muzzle velocities of +800m/s Which means at 400m you'd need a half second of lead to target.
Most kills in RO2 occur at under 100m which means it would take a eighth of a second to hit, that's virtually no lead. You would miss your aim point on a target moving left to right at ~3km/h by about 10-15cm.

The velocity speeds in the game are INCORRECT which results in needing an inordinate amount of lead to hit a moving target at range. Shit you even have to lead a target at 20m or you'll miss.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:40:07 pm by brn4meplz » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc