Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 11:38:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flak 36 (and of course Howitzer) cancellation...  (Read 8820 times)
Grenadier1945 Offline
EIR Regular

« on: September 11, 2010, 04:33:55 am »

I noticed that canceling the setup still not only results in "an inoperable gun", but it also means you immediately lose all of its xp. In effect, as soon as you put it on the field, it has to finish building or it's lost. There's no reason for this, and I'm sure it annoys howitzer players just as much. If you get the truck off the field intact, you haven't lost the veteran crew (which is all it takes to save any unit anyway), you just leave a useless gun on the field.

I request that it be fixed for both.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 04:39:25 am »

It's been a knowing issue for a while. Unfortunately we don't have a dedicated SCAR coder. The simple answer to why it hasn't been fixed is because it functions satisfactorily. It's not a perfect system but until more important matters are dealt with systems that work but not perfectly won't be looked at.

A howitzer is something you need to invest defenses in before, during and after construction.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 08:12:54 am »

So thats where my vet 3 88 went >_______>

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 09:31:41 am »

It's been a knowing issue for a while. Unfortunately we don't have a dedicated SCAR coder. The simple answer to why it hasn't been fixed is because it functions satisfactorily. It's not a perfect system but until more important matters are dealt with systems that work but not perfectly won't be looked at.

A howitzer is something you need to invest defenses in before, during and after construction.
What about building pure 88 without crew, than putting them manually into 88?
netbook1 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 11:36:19 am »

Couldn't we have a 3 man crew walk in to build it, if it's somehow just a truck issue?

Obviously it wouldn't have to be able to relocate with brand new health, that's OP Roll Eyes, but if retreating the crew saves the veterancy, then problem solved...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 11:54:46 am by netbook1 » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 12:23:53 pm »

We've gone over the idea of getting rid of the trucks but some people really like the trucks :p
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 12:35:53 pm »

Meh, i would rather i have truck for 88, not only cause thats the only idea i've seen, but it kinda fits that AT, heavy weapon get transported.

Guess we just have to be careful..
Grenadier1945 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 03:38:56 pm »

Meh, i would rather i have truck for 88, not only cause thats the only idea i've seen, but it kinda fits that AT, heavy weapon get transported.

Guess we just have to be careful..

I just showed you other idea, and it's already in use for the British guns Roll Eyes

I always try to be careful, the simple fact is, it's completely random whether or not someone spots it and kills it, and just about anything can do just that. You have several minutes where you're most important unit is completely defenseless and dangling in front of the enemy.

Just because it's the way it is doesn't mean it's not the stupidest mechanic in the game.

It's almost the complete opposite of British guns, which gain all of their health back as soon as they build, so all of your bombardment while it's building is now wasted.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 03:41:52 pm by Grenadier1945 » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 04:02:55 pm »

i think the truck just needs to be stronger. Jeeps can run back and kill them rather easily, it really shouldn't be.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 04:04:27 pm »

They should just be immune to small arms. Realistically a jeep doesnt take out a truck building a huge freaking cannon in 10 seconds neither does a bunch of morons with regular rifles

When somebody counters your 88 truck or your howie truck with a unupgraded squad or a bike/jeep, while arguably it is good play, it ends up making the mod look bad

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 04:30:31 pm »

the trucks should at least have vcoh PE HT armour.
for balance they cant be totally immune to small arms fire cuz then you could just build it in combat.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 04:30:39 pm »

They should just be immune to small arms. Realistically a jeep doesnt take out a truck building a huge freaking cannon in 10 seconds neither does a bunch of morons with regular rifles

I hate to say it, but realistically 1 jeep would take out a truck with men building  a huge freaking cannon in about 3 seconds. I mean its a freaking 30 cal, each bullet would punch right through the truck

And what about the Brit emplacements, 1 shot from a pak and its over

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 04:32:39 pm »

all those sandbags are very prone to spontaneous leaks.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 05:39:12 pm »

I always try to be careful, the simple fact is, it's completely random whether or not someone spots it and kills it, and just about anything can do just that. You have several minutes where you're most important unit is completely defenseless and dangling in front of the enemy.

It's a team game. If I want to put down a Flak 88 or something similar I let my team know. The best way to make sure something deploys without issue is to attack your enemy. It's one of those "I gotta bleed losses now to setup for later" decisions.

Obviously if your best plan is to assume they don;t scout it while it's building then you're simply playing the luck or skill check against your enemies. If you make it so that they either can't scout it or they need to pull forces from across the map to stop a push there is no way they will realize you've set one up - until they drive into it
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 05:54:24 pm »

If skill check is having a unupgraded unit just shooting it, yes

To me its kind of easy to take out a 88 truck, it has to deploy close to mid or in a "good" position anyways to have a impact. Howies are set up more or less safely in the back.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 06:06:00 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 06:08:05 pm »

I hate to say it, but realistically 1 jeep would take out a truck with men building  a huge freaking cannon in about 3 seconds. I mean its a freaking 30 cal, each bullet would punch right through the truck

Also this is beside the point. Assuming that more than 3 guys of a entire company was able to "field" the gun, the weapon itself wouldnt be raped by a 30 cal and could continue to be built. You'd need explosives to quickly take it out, or depth knowledge of what parts that are hard to replace to render the rest of the parts useless. Which the regular noob ass rifle doesnt have, imo.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 06:12:26 pm »

Also this is beside the point. Assuming that more than 3 guys of a entire company was able to "field" the gun, the weapon itself wouldnt be raped by a 30 cal and could continue to be built. You'd need explosives to quickly take it out, or depth knowledge of what parts that are hard to replace to render the rest of the parts useless. Which the regular noob ass rifle doesnt have, imo.

Actually they would have, but this is a level of detail COH was unwilling to go, so rifles can kill a ht. Tbh, a rifle squad would usually have one member with a zook, and at least one with a tommygun, and someone might carry a shotgun (not very widely used during ww2 but some carried it)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 06:18:38 pm »

err. bundle a couple nades and pop them in the barrel of the FLAK. finished? common sense much?

This is also a question. just wondering if it would of work

Plus i assume the allied commanders would know before hand if there were 88s in the area and would of taught their squad commanders how to take out 88s. which in turn he taught his squad.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 06:20:11 pm by Demon767 » Logged

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 06:22:33 pm »

err. bundle a couple nades and pop them in the barrel of the FLAK. finished? common sense much?

works too, so does plugging the end with dirt and firing a shell, misfire will destroy the barrel.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 01:14:15 am »

You need more explosive material then is provided in a hand grenade.
hand grenades kill using shrapnel not a pressure wave or anything like that. So while you will fuck up the inside of a barrel(it can still fire just not well) all your really doing is setting off a hand grenade in a tube with one exit the force exerted will be mostly wasted exiting the barrel.

You could use a bandolier of grenades to probably do some severe damage but it'd be hit or miss. You really need a proper explosive compound to do any guaranteed damage. Also grenades are pretty valuable as weapons to be using them on barrels
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc