Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:03:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: civ 5?  (Read 10135 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 06:25:29 pm »

I just want my map trading back. Tired of having to scout everything myself with the god awful AUTOMATED functions.

Seriously anything on Automate is retarded, m y works build a farm, then trash it for a trading post, then trash that for a farm, and so on for infinity.

Auto explore ship just sat in arctic ice using 4 movement on 2 squares back and forth. I don't automate anything now

that's lame!

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 08:04:38 pm »

No 'Workers leave improvements' option?

I didnt see it in the demo, and Im unlocking files now.
Still, sucky if no options like that!  Didnt they learn from Civ 4?

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 11:21:50 pm »

Yea the automations are pretty bad but seriously.... there are far less units especially workers in CIV 5 compared to past games. Automating is for babies Tongue

Also, map trading was taken out to MAKE you explore so you find the natural wonders of the world and build your map. In my MP game against my brother, I made the mistake of never getting open borders with his neighbor and now I can't see most of his land.

Also beware, the AI plays almost human. Doesn't matter if you were friends the entire game, if they see you as weak they will attack. And Rome is a bitch to fight with their early Legions.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 11:38:58 pm »

I'll be getting it, sounds interesting enough.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 02:50:29 am »

I like it, been playing it a bit today.. I was always a military conquerer in Civ games, could be arsed for the other victory conditions.. this game is 100% a military game ... much much better improvements over the last games in this way..

but lack of automated builders is painful Wink
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2010, 10:36:29 am »

Civ 5... awesome game!
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2010, 12:10:50 pm »

I'm playing earth map on emperor and started in china as babylon... loving it!! I went the patronage route so every city state starts out at 20/30 and I'm gone quite far into that route. They're gifting me great people every once in awhile!!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2010, 02:56:10 pm »

Do people play this on multiplayer?
I'd be up for a game sometime.
seanconnery Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2010, 05:15:26 pm »

steam IDs anyone?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 06:02:34 pm »

Man this is hard, after +- 2 hours of play on beginner I get ganked on by 2 nations + a city state. I guess I should keep an eye on diplomacy better, and focus more on military.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2010, 06:46:38 pm »

Got it and playing it Wink

Steam ids:

psico_nz (me)
ladyvaloveer (Seena, friend of mine)

I think puddin' is playing it too
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2010, 08:54:57 pm »

Man this is hard, after +- 2 hours of play on beginner I get ganked on by 2 nations + a city state. I guess I should keep an eye on diplomacy better, and focus more on military.

Haha wow man you fail.

I finished downloading my pirate copy of the deluxe version today, and I'm playing a Marathon game on a Huge earth map. Normal difficulty, and i'm the Romans (except I got placed in China). So far I'm dominating!

It's EPIC!

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2010, 09:06:59 pm »

Haha wow man you fail.

I finished downloading my pirate copy of the deluxe version today, and I'm playing a Marathon game on a Huge earth map. Normal difficulty, and i'm the Romans (except I got placed in China). So far I'm dominating!

He fails? You admitted to pirating a great fuckin game.

In other news, the army of the French is victorious against my brothers evil Americans! Hooray for getting cannons/rifles first!
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2010, 09:56:47 pm »

He fails? You admitted to pirating a great fuckin game.

Nope, buying something before testing it is fail.  You don't buy a car before driving it do you? What about a house you haven't been in? Clothes you haven't tried on? Shoes?

Every game I've bought in the past 5 years I've pirated first, because I'm not a fool.

Fail post Wild.

-Wind

wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2010, 10:48:30 pm »

LOL

They released the DEMO the same day the release came out. I don't think companies intend people to pirate their game then pay for it. They expect you to try the demo then buy it.

Fail post wind.

-Wild
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2010, 11:08:49 pm »

Uh, just no. Lets put our sensible hat back on so we can make rational, intelligent points.

Since when would a demo be a better indicator of whether or not purchasing a game would be a good decision than the game itself?

And by what completely fail logic would "what the company intends" have any influence on smart consumer decisions?  Use your reasoning.

You don't check out the foyer of a house and say "I'm just going to trust that the rest is good" and buy it. Money might not mean much to you, and you may be able to afford throwing down $50 on games based on "faith in the good intentions of companies", but I thoroughly vet what I buy. You will be hard pressed to come up with an argument that somehow warrants circumventing this basic tenet of intelligent consumerism. Needless to say you haven't even come close to this point.

As for the demo, it allows you to play 100 turns. I'm currently on turn 572 of my game, and I haven't even made it out of the Medieval age. So far I'm enjoying it aside from a few major bugs (workers constantly demolishing and rebuilding improvements) and I'm curious to see what the end gameplay is like. The demo would offer me a woefully incomplete understanding of whether or not this game is of the required quality necessary to warrant a purchase.

You need to figure out what you are arguing against. Getting something for free with the knowledge that if it is a quality product you will pay for it in full? Refusing to pay for something before that is a certainty?

Basic common sense.

Another fail post Wild. (note when you say this, it has to actually be true. Refer to my usage of it, rather than yours).

-Wind

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 11:13:44 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2010, 04:41:21 am »

Haha wow man you fail.

Haha yeah, I'm not too familiar with the Civ series, I've played several games on III and IV in the old days but never really got into it that much. I really enjoy playing it though.

BTW, no more talk on piracy. (Forum policy)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2010, 11:38:56 am »

Haha yeah, I'm not too familiar with the Civ series, I've played several games on III and IV in the old days but never really got into it that much. I really enjoy playing it though.

I'm amazed you resisted it's unfathomably powerful addictiveness factor. I was telling myself "Just one more turn" over and over again last night at 4 am.

-Wind
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2010, 12:30:52 pm »

572 turns in and have you bought the game yet? doubtful.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2010, 02:57:28 pm »

The irrelevance of your doubt and misinformed self-righteousness notwithstanding, you also aren't reading. I clearly said that the end game content is important. If it holds up the way Civ 4 did, then this will be a game that gets my money and there will be thousands more turns played. Hearts of Iron 3 was a game that was light years behind it's predecessor in quality, bugs and shoddy coding, and endgame content. If I hadn't tried it out before buying it, it would have been a waste of money. It is why Hearts of Iron 2 was bought, and it wasn't.

As for this game, I've reached the industrial era and from what I've seen so far I'm heavily inclined to give the game my business. Unless some drastic bugs or lack of content in the late game emerges it's a done deal.

Don't try to argue just for the sake of it, you're not going to achieve anything if you are just phoning in nonsensical jabs.

-Wind
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 03:06:45 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc