Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:24:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balance change suggestions  (Read 4012 times)
Ran Offline
EIR Regular

« on: September 13, 2010, 10:53:18 am »

Well some ideas I have on balance, with some of the factions Ive no had a bit of time on and other general stuff;

1. Emplacements - can we please make these mobile ie dismantle and move. As it stands they are overpriced as once they are placed thats it. If this was more flexible maybe we would see more use from the Brit factions. The dismantle could still be made a longer process but would allow more flexibility. This goes for 88mm and flakervlings as well.

2. KCH - Can they at least have assualt genades on cooldown. As it stands they are a one of use yet is much like AB fireup, but costs 50mu / 55mu and is one of use. A long cooldown any cooldown but just more than 1 use please. This would balance against allied elite infantry and Bar squads. Same for vols and grenadiers as well please.

3. Fireup - It is so annoying. Please increase the cooldown and add some severe penalty to using it ie. +50% damage or something. Its way to one sided. They fireup runaway and by the time you catch up they can fireup again.

4. The new Pak 36 it looks great and I think should be in the luftwaffe doctrine with the whirblewind and flakervling. Actually just replace the flakervling with it as it is shit. This would actually give PE Luft doct a decent support weapon and it keeps within the theme.  

Just playing Brit Engineers - its good like it, same with luftwaffe and terror.

Cheers
Rudy-sanErik Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 12:44:46 pm »

4. The new Pak 36 it looks great and I think should be in the luftwaffe doctrine with the whirblewind and flakervling. Actually just replace the flakervling with it as it is shit. This would actually give PE Luft doct a decent support weapon and it keeps within the theme. 

Cheers

+1

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 12:48:32 pm »

Well some ideas I have on balance, with some of the factions Ive no had a bit of time on and other general stuff;

1. Emplacements - can we please make these mobile ie dismantle and move. As it stands they are overpriced as once they are placed thats it. If this was more flexible maybe we would see more use from the Brit factions. The dismantle could still be made a longer process but would allow more flexibility. This goes for 88mm and flakervlings as well.

2. KCH - Can they at least have assualt genades on cooldown. As it stands they are a one of use yet is much like AB fireup, but costs 50mu / 55mu and is one of use. A long cooldown any cooldown but just more than 1 use please. This would balance against allied elite infantry and Bar squads. Same for vols and grenadiers as well please.

3. Fireup - It is so annoying. Please increase the cooldown and add some severe penalty to using it ie. +50% damage or something. Its way to one sided. They fireup runaway and by the time you catch up they can fireup again.

Cheers

1. -- agreed, they should move around.. so i can kill them easier.. lol.

2. -- meh, KCH is rape as it is.. they are expensive, but if you dont get them on ground they can just run around shit at will, and assualt nades are nuts too, like peyton manning passes, dont need to many uses on such a rape squad as it is.

3. -- meh, as a user of us infantry and rangers, no, they already nerfed it... after it wears out the rangers have a bit of time where they are extremely slow and less effective, making them easy targets if you catch them.. no need to nerf again.

4. -- dont know much about that weapon in game, the pak36 was shit in reality, so not sure why its in this game as i doubt it was in real much use in the timeframe(1944), but if its a cool weapon use it i guess.. from what i seen a flak is pretty good.. i ran into somebody with 2 flakv and a 88 together which had good cover which required a entire team to tackle.. so i dunno..

Rudy-sanErik Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 12:59:55 pm »

4. -- dont know much about that weapon in game, the pak36 was shit in reality, so not sure why its in this game as i doubt it was in real much use in the timeframe(1944), but if its a cool weapon use it i guess.. from what i seen a flak is pretty good.. i ran into somebody with 2 flakv and a 88 together which had good cover which required a entire team to tackle.. so i dunno..

you dont know about this gun (pak 36) but you say in reall is shit? lol man in real war is a best smallcaliber weapon for paratrooper is light weight (325kg) and good against light and soft target in middle range and what is a biggest + is easy to handle it and mountable MG Smiley
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 01:14:50 pm »

you dont know about this gun (pak 36) but you say in reall is shit? lol man in real war is a best smallcaliber weapon for paratrooper is light weight (325kg) and good against light and soft target in middle range and what is a biggest + is easy to handle it and mountable MG Smiley

just stating, the gun in game doesnt to me resemble the actual pak36 that served in the german army in the war, it was obsolete by 1940.. anyways.. it reality is was garbage, in game its cool, probably called a different weapon.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 01:20:17 pm »

Cheers

1. Emplacements are fine, just give them a hellcat style cloak option (without the strike bonus) just so they aren't raped as soon as they are built

2. KCH as stated, there awesome nothing needed.

3. Fireup, im not sure what your talking about as 1 if you chase chances are your going to get chewed by thier fallback line. 2 if you do catch them they got about 30 seconds of exhaustion and about another minute of cooldown

4. the flakverling is awesome, its a heavily armoured quad ffs

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Rudy-sanErik Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 02:16:16 pm »

just stating, the gun in game doesnt to me resemble the actual pak36 that served in the german army in the war, it was obsolete by 1940.. anyways.. it reality is was garbage, in game its cool, probably called a different weapon.

It depends on where Pak talking are the two different "types": one 3.7 cm 35/36L then examined by the German army and then 4.cm gun vz.36 examined by the Czechoslovak army and then the Germans assaulted was renamed Pak 36 ( t), and was better than the German
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 02:30:11 pm »

Rudy, both those guns were trash by 1940. By 1940 the PaK 40 was in production.

Not sure why the PaK 36 was put in game, let alone why it was made an automatic weapon...who knows, whatever, it makey no sense.

And no, Emplacements do not need cloak, imagine cloaking HMG's and Bofor's...eww.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 03:56:50 pm »

Not sure why the PaK 36 was put in game, let alone why it was made an automatic weapon...who knows, whatever, it makey no sense.

Lack of a 3cm flak gun model, and we are tired of waiting for one tbh.

Gonna have to use your imaginations on this one till a proper model is released.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 06:00:01 pm »

And no, Emplacements do not need cloak, imagine cloaking HMG's and Bofor's...eww.

Yeah they do need a cloak, just so that one MI and then no more bofors. TBH emplacements are the biggest joke in the game, they never last long enough to do anything worthwhile. As i said, make it a cloak with a 30 second recloak timing.

Hell, its not like it will change anything. They find out emplacement location, mortar mortar mortar no more emplacements.

Maybe with the cloak it will kill something before its detected and destroyed. And please don't say it can relocate and re set up with full health. It takes 30 seconds to break down, more then enough time for a single mortar to kill, and even if it does break down in time, chances are the crew will get killed by the mortar anyways. God forbid an 88, nebel, hummel, or stuka are on the field
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 06:02:18 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 07:27:45 pm »

Emplacements are area denial, dont know prices so i cant comment, but use them as that. The enemy must go around or commit time/units to take them out. increase armor while dismantling?

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 09:06:46 pm »

No, emplacements need to be made more durable, but have the crew killable. Just like any other support weapon. Basically, garrison cover for the crew, much tougher emplacement.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 09:13:19 pm »

Make the emplacements buildable like wehrmact bunkers or trenches and have their crews push the gun into the emplacement, or a truck drive up and build it there.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 02:26:00 am »

Personally I have always wanted to just remove the damn things. 

Never really agreed there should be emplacements in this version of the game and liked the idea of man-packed versions of the weapons with a lock down ability to increase accuracy and rate of fire.

Just my 2 cents I really should play some games again in the future I guess.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 09:42:10 am »

Come play with me Nevyen, I need more Axis partners.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 11:39:08 am »

I think emplacements need to be tougher.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 12:09:10 pm »

one other thing about emplacements: its goddamn annoying when your own units kill the emplacement because they "think" they can shoot over it. this is mostly noticable on the 25 pdr. plz make emplacement shot blockers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc