Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 03:20:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed Armor Rework  (Read 11837 times)
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 10:36:47 pm »

Firestorm has also always been a T2, even before the drift nerf.
the calliope however is buffed by the doctrine (less recharge & regain maingun)
A fully operating sherman with a barrage that's a bit more useful than a firestorm. how could that be a t2?
Nowhere in my suggested rework does the Calliope regain its main gun. Huh

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 10:37:53 pm »

WP Round should no longer stun, but act as a temporary accuracy and RoF debuff on the tank.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 10:39:42 pm »

I think this is a really well thought out Doc, if you changed what AMPM suggested.

Loving the Dozer upgrade, but should get some sort of armor upgrade with the dozer on.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 11:10:58 pm »

The 15% less penetration.. woulder how useful that would be.

Your Veteran Crews is by far the most interesting T4 suggestion I've seen for armor, where buffs are powerful but on different units and suited for their them. The flat out buffs prefered by our previous and current buffs very often fail both in the idea and execution department to give different types of buffs to different types of units. Perhaps its easier with armor who has so many different types of vehicles/armor. Usually its +25% accuracy to grens or volks, taking this type of approach to it further it might be more interesting and suited for volks to gain a extra man and for grens to gain less received accuracy.

Other armor drafts by har including the current one fail to really buff the crocodile sherman, this one has a nice +20% damage T4 for it. The pershing one was kind of weak though. I would say speed - acceleration - penetration would be nice buffs for the pershing.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 11:13:08 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 11:17:48 pm »

Improved dozers is also quite garbage for a T2 unlock
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 11:36:23 pm »

Theres a lot more, Unkn0wn is quite good and filtering through the community discussions and putting forward ideas from within it Wink

I guess we should document it more tbh, but a lot of influence will come from you guys, after all, this mod is for you all =)

Yeah would be nice to see what things that make it into doctrines are from our ideas. I think it'd promote more discussion er, well better discussion cuz there's always a lot of discussion lol

But, I think that if you show who's ideas made it in and maybe the thread they suggested this in, then hopefully we can get more people to stop raging and make smarter posts

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 12:31:11 am »

Any suggested move/replacement?

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 01:29:02 am »

The pershing one was kind of weak though. I would say speed - acceleration - penetration would be nice buffs for the pershing.
Of course; like I said, this is only the early stages. Numbers and exact values can be changed later on down the line to make the doctrine either more appealing or more balanced.
Glad to see you like the rest of it, though, and I'm glad a break from the ordinary is getting positive responses.

Why's it garbage? The utility of heavy crush (not to mention HP + skirt-like buffs) on all Shermans seems pretty damn worthwhile, and MGs on Crocs would make the things worth a damn for once.
But you say its garbage, other say it's OP; which is it?
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 01:50:13 am »

I've thought about it for a while, and I've come up with the following changes; what does everyone think of them?
-White Phosphorus rounds no longer Stun enemy vehicles. Instead, they confer a penalty of -75% accuracy, -75% sight and -50% acceleration.
This ability would limit the offensive capabilities of the enemy vehicle, while still allowing them the opportunity to escape and avoid suffering too much damage.
-Remove the MG addition from Sherman Crocs, and replace them with some sort of smoke projector. This would buff the Croc's defensive and offensive capabilities, while avoiding the issue MGs whittling down enemy health while the flamethrower insta-crits them.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 02:50:40 am »

churchill armor on every sherman... wtf ru smoking?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 03:35:53 am »

I can but quote Leophone on the all Shermans getting churchil armour bit(that's what the dozer gives Shermie Crocs).

Smoke(I think the current smoke ability given to Blitz tanks would be best) for the Sherm Croc sounds like a very good idea though, I approve.

Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 12:43:33 pm »

I can but quote Leophone on the all Shermans getting churchil armour bit(that's what the dozer gives Shermie Crocs).
Hmm, I thought the Dozer only gave skirt-like bonuses and +10% HP.
Well, in any case, it's not my plan to give all Shermans Churchill armor. Ideally, the Dozer would only increase HP and decrease penetration, nothing more.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 01:04:33 pm »

Of course; like I said, this is only the early stages. Numbers and exact values can be changed later on down the line to make the doctrine either more appealing or more balanced.
Glad to see you like the rest of it, though, and I'm glad a break from the ordinary is getting positive responses.
Why's it garbage? The utility of heavy crush (not to mention HP + skirt-like buffs) on all Shermans seems pretty damn worthwhile, and MGs on Crocs would make the things worth a damn for once.
But you say its garbage, other say it's OP; which is it?

Heavy crush is available on the crocodile already. If you wish to use the dozer to crush inf, the regular sherman has a mineflail. Making them interchangable like this waters them both out.

If you would like to make this a worthwhile T2 - this also responds to EIRRMOD's post - I would suggest renaming it to "Improved horsepower" - and let shermans and crocodiles move at 85% speed while using the dozer or the mineflail since this is the largest issue with using them. While you clear stuff you get so slowed down that the rapid firing german pak weapon annihiliates the sherman. The 50 cal for the croc is fine.

Btw if this draft goes in google.docs are OP.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 01:06:10 pm by Smokaz » Logged
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 01:48:24 pm »

speed increase on dozers and mineflails will only promote crushing infantry, even though the extra speed would be nice if you ignore that. but inf crush should not be a tactic....
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 01:50:32 pm »

My only request is this: please don't take all of the fun out of the armored doctrine. Doctrines are supposed to be fun, I don't want minimal buffs.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 02:05:37 pm »

Doctrines are not supposed to be fun, didn't you look at the doctrine reworks?
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 02:11:24 pm »

Some of those doctrines look fun, others need work.

All these arguments and complaints existed in old EiR too so lets not get all nostalgic here.

Subversion anyone?

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 02:13:44 pm »

TBH Burn, other than some minor changes and a couple tree's being redone, we should just stick with what we have, get RCA in, and fix it up.

Doctrine reworks once a year, when we can't even get all the doctrines put in in a year, is retarded.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 02:14:33 pm »

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 02:17:10 pm »

They blocked the meme generator? Such utter facism
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc