Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:21:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] Hummel spread fix  (Read 29611 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 05:06:36 pm »

hmmm.. thats nuts... so, was that like really long range or what? what would happen if you shot at something closer?

You ever try not firing into the FoW.

Medium range , with field of view

Dedications to brn #2  Kiss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPJI3GE4n0s

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 05:11:47 pm »

Medium range , with field of view

Dedications to brn #2  Kiss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPJI3GE4n0s

awww. comon you got 1 in there! or close! lol..

ya, thats pretty bad..

oh and my earlier post was just hazing you man...

i have always wanted to go SE and and get humm, but, wow, i dunno now
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:14:06 pm by Mgallun74 » Logged

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 05:13:47 pm »

ya, thats pretty bad.

i wouldn't cry op or fix if it wasn't broken.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010, 05:15:08 pm »

i wouldn't cry op or fix if it wasn't broken.

so where the hell do the extra 2 shells go if you get that doct choice? it landed 3 in the same area.. just bad accuracy, spread.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2010, 05:17:41 pm »

Now do those videos with a Priest and see what happens. Then you'll ask us to Lower the scatter on both
(just so everyone knows all the facts, the Hummel does have a slightly higher Scatter angle. It also however has 75 more range then a Priest on the Normal Barrage and 150 more range then a Priest on the Incendiary barrage. Where the Priest fires 2 more base shells. It also takes a Tier 4 to even reach parity with Hummel range on a Priest)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:21:33 pm by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2010, 05:19:32 pm »

Now do those videos with a Priest and see what happens. Then you'll ask us to Lower the scatter on both

1 priest coming right up  Kiss

just so everyone knows all the facts, the Hummel does have a slightly higher Scatter angle. It also however has 75 more range then a Priest on the Normal Barrage and 150 more range then a Priest on the Incendiary barrage

I'll trade 75 range for priest scatter ,  hummel is in bad enough disadvantage of having a higher chance to die due to all  ab/tet/mando ability to deploy on it.

and if you are comparing inc barrage you should compare it to creeping barrage IMO and not normal hummel barrage

edit : i cannot make of priest because it is t3 Sad  is it the same as in vcoh ? i could use the vcoh one.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:27:41 pm by nugnugx » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2010, 05:33:28 pm »

Creeping Barrage has Priest range of 175, so it's the same for range.

and yes the Priest is a Tier3 unlock.

The point I'm making is that both the Artillery pieces have different stats because they need to. One is a 150mm gun and 1 is a 105mm gun. The ranges are different, the scatter is different. One gets Smoke Barrages on a separate cooldown or an Incendiary Barrage for free. while the Other pays 80 Munitions for Creeping(which is admittedly more predictable to use, you also have a longer cooldown with it though)

You could run that same video test 100 times nug and you'd get different results each time. Thats just how CoH functions.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2010, 05:40:13 pm »

The point I'm making is that both the Artillery pieces have different stats because they need to. One is a 150mm gun and 1 is a 105mm gun. The ranges are different, the scatter is different.

So have hummel scatter be like priest one to priests max range , and for the +75 hummel range leave the current scatter.

One gets Smoke Barrages on a separate cooldown or an Incendiary Barrage for free. while the Other pays 80 Munitions for Creeping(which is admittedly more predictable to use, you also have a longer cooldown with it though)

This are unit differences that doesn't have to do with scatter.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:41:54 pm by nugnugx » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2010, 06:19:47 pm »

So have hummel scatter be like priest one to priests max range , and for the +75 hummel range leave the current scatter.

Thats not possible

This are unit differences that doesn't have to do with scatter.

You're right they don't have to do with Scatter, but they do have relevance to the units in question. It's something that separates them as units. and is therefore valid in this discussion. If we make the Hummel scatter the same as the Priest then you've got a Priest that is worse off in almost every category compared to the hummel
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2010, 06:27:45 pm »

Thats not possible

Different scatter cannot be coded to low medium and max range ?

You're right they don't have to do with Scatter, but they do have relevance to the units in question. It's something that separates them as units. and is therefore valid in this discussion. If we make the Hummel scatter the same as the Priest then you've got a Priest that is worse off in almost every category compared to the hummel

and ? you said that gun sizes differ , by that logic hummel should be better.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2010, 06:33:24 pm »

and ? you said that gun sizes differ , by that logic hummel should be better.

By that logic (with heavier shells 150mm) the hummel should have lower firing rate, shorter range and higher damage/splash

Scatter by itself usually has little or nothing to do with most artillery but the skill of the crew, forknowledge of enemy position, accuracy of radio/signals from front telling where to fire and ability to properly read a map.

Most of which can't be put into the game

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2010, 12:29:28 am »

By that logic (with heavier shells 150mm) the hummel should have lower firing rate, shorter range and higher damage/splash

Scatter by itself usually has little or nothing to do with most artillery but the skill of the crew, forknowledge of enemy position, accuracy of radio/signals from front telling where to fire and ability to properly read a map.

Most of which can't be put into the game

That shell would be much larger than 105's shell and thus has much more powder inside it thus making it fly either longer or around the same distances of some artillery pieces. Meaning its heavier doesn't mean it will drop right out of the barrel.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2010, 12:37:03 am »

That shell would be much larger than 105's shell and thus has much more powder inside it thus making it fly either longer or around the same distances of some artillery pieces. Meaning its heavier doesn't mean it will drop right out of the barrel.

No but it will limit how far it can fly
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2010, 12:45:54 am »

No but it will limit how far it can fly

Not really cause it has more powder inside it than regular shell would have.

For example if your lil bro kicks you in the butt you fly nowhere. If it is the bigfoot guy from the bar that deems you no access to the bar his kick in your butt WILL make you fly.
11on2d6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2010, 12:12:50 pm »

I jsut got out of a game with 2 doctrine buffed hummels, keep in mind these are even better than regular ones. One had incendiary barrage, the other Long range destruction.

In a 40min game they got 19 kills, between them. The incendiary one had 15, the LRD 4.

To be honest the biggest thing that struck me in the game was the lack of splash damage the regular hummel shells had, I dunno why but I saw shells landing RIGHT next to atg crew and stuff, and they lost 1 guy sometimes, mostly none. I dunno if it was my general lack luster impression of the hummels which resulted in placebo, but the shells seemed to move slower to their target, never hit and lacked anymore splash than an IST shell lol....

LRD doesnt really seem to do anything for the hummel tbh, unless tacked with the incendiary t3 barrage for area denial. The hummel 6 shell barrage takes about 25 seconds total, no one and i mean no one is dumb enough to get hit by the 3rd shell most of the time, let alone the 6th.

The t3 would be better if rather than increasing the number of shots it fires, if it increased the speed with which the hummel fires, if the shells landed 1 after eachother in relativly quick succession it might kill something..even with the seeming lack of AOE damage.

Has anyone else noticed the basic hummel/ LRD hummel seems lacking?
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2010, 12:23:45 pm »

No, not at all. My hummels would always rape face before, although that was with LRD being a T4. Doesn't matter anyways, the 6 shells is great for area denial and nailing stationary targets, especially triages but also enemy howitzers, where due to the scatter the 6 shells is really needed to get a good hit in. It is also good against repairing tanks. It fires at the same rate as the 105mm Howitzer, meaning 6 shells takes 15 seconds, not 25 seconds. It has slightly smaller splash.

I don't know why everyone says it is more powerful than other howitzers though, it has the same 200 damage, no extraordinary target table modifiers, slightly more splash damage at the edge of the AoE but less in the middle. The only thing really special about it is the nice graphics on the explosion, which is humongous despite the actual AoE being lower than 105mm.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2010, 01:28:02 pm »

The basic hummel is okay if your enemy is really massed up to classic allied levels, but for me its not something you wanna spend on trying to nail a single 57mm, like you'd do with the 105mm. To me thats a weakness that the hummel has to wait for such immensily juicy targets.

Perfect arty piece is 105mm for infantry doctrine, accurate, damaging, reliable, low pop.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 01:29:38 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2010, 01:48:25 pm »

is really massed up to classic allied levels,

which happens pretty much never as 4 players will not blob all their inf together

and in 2v2 and 3v3 its much more usefull to nail a atg+mortar
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2010, 02:58:44 pm »

Is there a way to code at least 1 of the first 2 shells to hit somewhere close to the center of the cirle?

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2010, 02:39:01 pm »

i have other idea ,  reduce the basic barrage cooldown by 30 or 20 and i'm ok with the spread.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc