Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:47:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lack of Players... Possible fix?  (Read 14355 times)
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 05:29:05 pm »

I propose we use WildSolus as a placeholder AI. He's always online and never talks to anyone - perfectly fitting the bill!

hahahahaha

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 04:36:22 am »

hahahahaha

assume h=1, a=0, then hahahahaha = 1010101010. Binary to Decimal, Wild's answer is : 682.

What could this possibly mean?

rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 05:52:54 am »

hahahahaha
Add "m" after every "ha" and the question is solved.
He's hungry.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
Badger Offline
Content Creator

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 05:57:18 pm »

Salute.

Getting into EiR is too difficult for beginners, I'd agree.

A few issues that makes EiR stand out from all other games in the world:
  • Having an installer call customers/users dumb asses is unprofessional and uncalled for. Not a way to greet new users. Especially not the ones having problems installing.
  • After clicking 'Signing up...' on the front page first time users are greeted with a conversation snippet in regards to dicks being slapped into faces. Very, very unprofessional. Really. I like a dick joke as much as anyone, but seriously? Throwing a dick in curious potential gamers faces from the get-go? Realise that most COH players are grownups.

Honestly, I only stayed after the above because I *already* knew that I *wanted* to. Had I never been part of EiR before, I would have quit at the installer or the dick in the face. If lack of players is an issue I do believe these things need fixing.

There's a problem with usability for first time users in linking from the first page into the forum. It would be less confusing having all the necessary info out in the open.

Having an in-game tutorial is a *fantastic* idea, there's a reason that most games have them. VCoH even asks you to play the tut first time you start a game. As mentioned, everything needed to start should be more or less contained in launcher and/or bullet form on the web site. Ease em into it.

Just my 2c. Before someone calls me a homophobe: I don't care where anyone puts their dick but I'd rather choose when to have one slapped in my own face or slap someone with mine Cheesy

Nuts!
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2010, 06:32:45 pm »

ewww u wanna slap a man with your dick

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 08:07:29 pm »

Salute.

Getting into EiR is too difficult for beginners, I'd agree.

A few issues that makes EiR stand out from all other games in the world:
  • Having an installer call customers/users dumb asses is unprofessional and uncalled for. Not a way to greet new users. Especially not the ones having problems installing.
  • After clicking 'Signing up...' on the front page first time users are greeted with a conversation snippet in regards to dicks being slapped into faces. Very, very unprofessional. Really. I like a dick joke as much as anyone, but seriously? Throwing a dick in curious potential gamers faces from the get-go? Realise that most COH players are grownups.

Honestly, I only stayed after the above because I *already* knew that I *wanted* to. Had I never been part of EiR before, I would have quit at the installer or the dick in the face. If lack of players is an issue I do believe these things need fixing.

There's a problem with usability for first time users in linking from the first page into the forum. It would be less confusing having all the necessary info out in the open.

Having an in-game tutorial is a *fantastic* idea, there's a reason that most games have them. VCoH even asks you to play the tut first time you start a game. As mentioned, everything needed to start should be more or less contained in launcher and/or bullet form on the web site. Ease em into it.

Just my 2c. Before someone calls me a homophobe: I don't care where anyone puts their dick but I'd rather choose when to have one slapped in my own face or slap someone with mine Cheesy

I really hope the dev / mod team take a serious look at your post. Hearing form a newbie ( well sorta newbie ) is very important information for the PR team as well.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 08:14:53 pm »

Woah woah could you please point these out?

I've never seen the whole dick jokes

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 08:20:32 pm »

Woah woah could you please point these out?

I've never seen the whole dick jokes

Im with computer, i have ever seen anything like this

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 08:31:25 pm »

If you install EiR/the EiR launcher into the wrong CoH directory, the auto-updater calls you a dumbass. i pointed this out to EiRRMod a while ago and he just laughed.
As for the dick jokes, he's talking about Killer334's sig. Killer has a lot of posts in the getting Started threads, so pretty much every new member has to see it.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 08:34:49 pm »

Lol..... I couldn't stop wondering what he was talking about.... I see.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc