Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 12, 2024, 12:22:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So North Korea  (Read 4828 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« on: November 23, 2010, 03:34:21 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDBm9d-tTM8

panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 03:36:58 am »

they crazy!!
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 03:56:18 am »

Very intresting, althought it wont go very far though. I mean alot of contries will side south korea, north korea is pretty much fucked if they start a war...
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 04:38:05 am »

hell marchis one of the best themes ever, the music of c&c is just so awesome.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 04:40:27 am »

I totally agree, red alert 2 has the best soundtrack of all of them, and some generals. but where on earth did that come from?
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 06:31:37 am »

LOL i stopped takign it seriously when i saw women marching. i mean come on, they should be in kitchens HAHAHAHAH

in all seriousness.. not scary at all. anyone can put on a sequenced march. doesnt prove any power. propaganda propaganda propaganda

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 06:43:23 am »

The way they march is awsm.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 07:03:59 am »

This thread is supposed to be about north korea attacking south korea today  Roll Eyes
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 07:18:13 am »

LOL i stopped takign it seriously when i saw women marching. i mean come on, they should be in kitchens HAHAHAHAH

Women can make aggressive fighters. Not all women are good in combat but the same is true for Males. Some are good some are bad. Countries have tried arguing that it negatively affects discipline when male soldiers see women die, but times are changing and that's no longer a major issue.

Personally I enjoy working with women.

and Yeah NK getting all angry that SK is better off. Hopefully we don't see anything too crazy over there. Not only would a reignition of the Korean war blow chunks but I know some people over there and Seoul isn't far from the 38th

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 07:54:51 am »

Seoul is well within range of North Korean artillery positions. That city really shouldn't be so close to the border.

Also, don't forget guys, China is an ally of NK. It's the only reason NK hasn't been wiped out yet and why they pose such a dangerous problem.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 08:10:08 am »

Also, don't forget guys, China is an ally of NK. It's the only reason NK hasn't been wiped out yet and why they pose such a dangerous problem.
 -Wind

Ha ha what?

that was true 60 years ago but it is far from the truth today. China doesn't like NK at all.

people escape NK through china and it creates a huge issue and NK is always pushing boundaries with China
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 08:11:07 am »

China isn't NK's best friend anymore indeed, but it still has every reason to ensure that the regime and the country does not collapse.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 08:14:24 am »

Yeah Unknown is right, China wants that buffer zone against the Western aligned South Korea and Japan. But it'll be like last time, China will only help North Korea if they're pushed all the way back to the Chinese border.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 08:21:57 am »

Even then I don't see a repeat of '50 with China jumping in.

I wouldn't want to Either, China has gotten alot scarier in the last 60 years. They've really modernized themselves.

Not to mention a standing army of 2.25 Million men with 1.2 Million in reserve and 3 Million eligible for active service. With 10 Million more annually aging for military service. Some scary ass numbers.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 08:25:11 am »

Ha ha what?

that was true 60 years ago but it is far from the truth today. China doesn't like NK at all.

Have you been paying any attention to North Korea and China at all? Apparently not even the slightest.

Read the news.

Every time NK pushes a boundary, whether it was the sinking of the Cheonan, the missle tests of 93,98, 2006, 2009, the 2002 naval battle in which some SK sailors were killed... in each instance (and way more than I have listed) China has consistently been the ONLY country to refuse to reprimand North Korea and has "urged unilateral caution". Even though an international inquiry proved the Cheonan was sunk by a NK korea, for example, China urged caution and restraint and rejects the findings. They have grown more cautious in recent years as NK becomes harder to defend, but remain their most important ally.

They are NK's only ally, and Chinese aid is the only reason the country survives at all.

Although I feel it is a bit ridiculous that I even need to post this, as this should be common knowledge, here is an excerpt:

http://www.cfr.org/publication/11097/chinanorth_korea_relationship.html

China is North Korea's most important ally; biggest trading partner; and main source of food, arms, and fuel. China has helped sustain Kim Jong-Il's regime and opposed harsh international economic sanctions in the hope of avoiding regime collapse and an uncontrolled influx of refugees across its eight-hundred-mile border with North Korea.

How you were unaware the two countries are allies absolutely baffles me. What's worse you think China doesn't "like NK at all". It doesn't bode well for our generation when people are so uninformed.

-Wind
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:38:27 am by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 08:28:07 am »

China doesn't like NK. China likes the status quo. Much like Democracy in the west. It still exists 'as is' because it works satisfactorily. But China and NK are not buddies
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 08:48:09 am »

It's true, I'm currently in a UNSC simulation program on NK so I've been getting really deep on this subject.

China absolutely opposes the NK nuclear weapons program and absolutely detests NK putting themselves in the center of international attention with provocations and what not. China wants a status quo at all costs so they are always the first to try and calm tensions between the regional powers. They are indeed an ally of the NK, NK's only real 'ally', but their 'alliance' is certainly not an unconditional one.

China is in a tough position, trying to manouver between the West and NK, and to maintain the status quo they need to try and keep both sides calm. Which has been increasingly more difficult when it comes to NK mind you, Chinese officials are growing fed up with NK provocations, ignoring chinese advice. This also explains a slight shift in the position of China in the security council, and its willingness to support certain sanctions.

However they will certainly never support any form of military action to be taken, nor will they support sanctions that could lead to the downfall of the regime or further undermine the DPRK's economy.

So technically you're both correct to a certain extent.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:50:11 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 08:56:43 am »

China doesn't like NK. China likes the status quo. Much like Democracy in the west. It still exists 'as is' because it works satisfactorily. But China and NK are not buddies

So a country that provides food, monetary, military, and diplomatic aid, as well as substantial financial subsidies and has a defensive treaty... and that has single-handedly propped up what long ago should have been a failed dynasty, is not an ally? Even when NK blatantly violates international law, and the armistice treaty, China refuses to admonish them. That is called an ally. China and NK's relationship is slightly mutual on both fronts, but is overwhelmingly more advantageous for NK.

I said China and NK were allies. Which is both a factual, and common-knowledge supported matter. Your response was the comically oblivious "Ha Ha what?".

You can say "China doesn't like NK"  and that them being allies "was only true 60 years ago but no longer" all you want, but you have absolutely no evidence to support that. You might as well be arguing that the US doesn't like Isreal at all.

Provide some evidence for your claims because they contradict everything that is known about China-Korean relationships.

@Unknown:

You raise some valid points that coincide with what I have been saying - that China is a strong ally of NK, but that indeed they have been finding the country increasingly harder to control. With that being said however, they remain a huge player in NK's continued existence and a stalwart ally. Today's artillery exchange is further evidence.

We are not both right, not even technically. Someone cannot be completely unaware that these two countries were/are allies and be right on any discussion about NK to any extent.

-Wind
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:16:46 am by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 09:21:56 am »

I'm not sure if it matters whether or not China likes North Korea because they aren't taking sides in the drama (probably smart). I'll go ahead and vent a little bit because I'm really upset that North Korea continues to attack South Korea and gets away with it every time just because they are the most militarized country in the entire world. They have the largest army and even though that doesn't always guarantee victory, there isn't any doubt that they would beat the living shit out of Soul and absolutely decimate the population and economy there.

Win or lose a war would be bad, which is why I do hope that we find a peaceful solution to the problem. I do get fired up and angry, but ending the truce would make the Tet offensive look like a tea party. If any of you guys believe in a god, pray.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 09:22:25 am »

China does have a wested economic interested in North Korea. with the declining Economy it is important that that remains as much as possible. in 2008 China exported $2 billion to NK. North Korea only Exported $750 Million in return.

China has already proven in the past they they will side against North Korea. They Did it in 2006(NK conducted a Nuclear test) with a UN resolution which put sanctions on NK weapons purchases and any trade going into or out of NK. China also reprimanded NK for the Missile test earlier in the year.

In 2009 China also agreed to stricter sanctions after a second Nuclear test.

China doesn't actually control NK, and this latest incident only reinforces that. Not only that but the only reason China supports NK at all is because SK has a large American presence. Also China is still concerned by growing tensions regarding taiwan and would rather not need to station as many forces on it's North-Eastern border. border.

China has UNSC veto powers and would happily veto any UN armed intervention like in the 1950's(Which Chinese state was actually the Security council member was undecided until '71) but they wouldn't go to war over North Korea. That doesn't constitute Allies in my books. It's simply tolerating a family relative because you're supposed to.

Chinese interests with North Korea are economic development and the avoidance of war.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc