Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:47:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brits popping smoke is OP  (Read 35001 times)
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2010, 05:37:24 am »

Alright, thank you for confirming your Axis bias. You think that Assaultgrenadiers should be able to take out other anti-infantry infantry units more than their cost without any problems whatsoever. This is exactly what the situation would be if smoke was removed from riflenades, even according to your own words. Without factoring in the only relevant ability, two units of AGs will DESTROY two units of Riflenades and an Lt. With the relevant ability, the AGs will put up a fair fight.

"No, because..." What are you even on about? I JUST SAID that the riflenades are their only source of damage output while in/behind smoke, and then you're trying to argue to me that riflenades are a source of damage while in smoke?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2010, 05:39:26 am »

I'm not exactly getting your point.

Why should your 430 MP 190 MU of pure anti-inf beat 665 MP 180 MU of pure anti-inf without any trouble whatsoever? So you can stroke your balls while playing the game, not putting in any effort whatsoever?

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2010, 05:42:09 am »

Alright, thank you for confirming your Axis bias. You think that Assaultgrenadiers should be able to take out other anti-infantry infantry units more than their cost without any problems whatsoever.

Riflenade is not a close range weapon , while mp44 is. It's not bias , it's a fact.

I took the damage while i was closing in and i do not complain about it. I complain that a dedicated close range weapon of 19dps which is mp44 got killed by a not close range dedicated weapon, and that is also a fact,  BUT its only beacause they could pop smoke

This is exactly what the situation would be if smoke was removed from riflenades, even according to your own words.
Their ability of instantly deploying smoke  aka 'iwin' button , should be changed.

"No, because..." What are you even on about? I JUST SAID that the riflenades are their only source of damage output while in/behind smoke, and then you're trying to argue to me that riflenades are a source of damage while in smoke?

Thats why people are blobbing and spamming riflenades while in smoke , and not normal tommies.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 05:44:30 am by nugnugx » Logged

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2010, 05:43:18 am »

Why should your 430 MP 190 MU of pure anti-inf beat 665 MP 180 MU of pure anti-inf without any trouble whatsoever? So you can stroke your balls while playing the game, not putting in any effort whatsoever?

I took the damage while i was closing in and i do not complain about it. I complain that a dedicated close range weapon of 19dps which is mp44 got killed by a not close range dedicated weapon, and that is also a fact, BUT its only beacause they could pop smoke
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2010, 05:44:56 am »

riflenade has 0.05 long range acc as opposed to it's 0.5 short range acc

MP44 has 0.1 long range acc as opposed to it's 0.9 short range acc.

If anything, the rifle-grenade is far more dedicated in being a short-range weapon rather than a long-range weapon than the MP44.

Their ability of instantly deploying smoke  aka 'iwin' button , should be changed.

Smoke is not an I win button. Stop crying like a little girl for not being able to micro and having zero field awareness.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2010, 05:46:22 am »

I'm enjoying this trend of people loading up on Riflenades lately. All my PE squads carry grenades and I just flush them out. Also I've got 3 P4 IST which is a pretty damn effective smoke weapon

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2010, 05:48:18 am »

I wish people were doing this smoke nade stuff instead of Crocodile spam while I was playing PE SE, I was really enjoying all of my extra-effective incendiary grenades and it would have been lovely to use vs this tactic.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2010, 05:49:41 am »

I wish people were doing this smoke nade stuff instead of Crocodile spam while I was playing PE SE, I was really enjoying all of my extra-effective incendiary grenades and it would have been lovely to use vs this tactic.

what about luft , tank hunters ?

riflenade has 0.05 long range acc as opposed to it's 0.5 short range acc

MP44 has 0.1 long range acc as opposed to it's 0.9 short range acc.

If anything, the rifle-grenade is far more dedicated in being a short-range weapon rather than a long-range weapon than the MP44.

Jesus you love to twist facts so they fit your argument.

I did not say anything about long range because i know that mp44 is CRAP at long range while the rifle-nade is decent. and nades brought me down to half-hp and its OK. They owned me at long and medium range ! OK I LOVE IT ! works as intended.

but close range mp44 smoke vortex bullet sucking is a no-no.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 05:53:04 am by nugnugx » Logged
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2010, 05:50:45 am »

They still have incendiary grenades available too, I had incendiary grenades on every squad in my SE company before I even had any doctrine abilities.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2010, 05:53:42 am »

They still have incendiary grenades available too, I had incendiary grenades on every squad in my SE company before I even had any doctrine abilities.

I want to see you owning them with 1 inc grenade.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2010, 05:54:24 am »

It forces them to move, and thats good enough
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2010, 05:55:54 am »

Riflenade smoke is a small area, if they're standing in it and I throw an incendiary nade they will either move out of the smoke and I will move up with my AGs or if they're dumb they will stand in the smoke and I will just zig zag away, causing their riflenades to miss while their rifles are useless because of smoke, and they will burn to death this way.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2010, 05:56:20 am »

My HMG's and Stuka's want more rifle-nade blobs please! Like anything a judicious application of combined arms will see most situations off.  

Played 2 games this evening as axis where people where literally flooding the field with tetrachs and rifle nade squads, it was interesting at 1st but adjust the tactics, deploy in-depth fields of fire and guess what happened?  They got smashed, even with off map's reigning down on us.

Every year it seems we see this 'compare one unit vs one unit discussion', where the reality is that in a dynamic environment the consideration has to be what was the combined response to the threat.  One unit vs one unit really does not encompass all the variable tactics available. The fact that they lost tells more about the lack of supporting units and elements that where not employed. Ie suppression, indirect fire, Armour support etc.

Rifle nades have been like this since OF was introduced into the mod so I'm wondering what the basis of this argument is.  I mean about 4 versions ago Mysthalin spammed recon tommies to great effect but no one complained in earnest, ampm has used to great effect stug spam etc. Yet the humble british tommy rifle nade gets the hate.

You shouldn't expect a rock paper scissor approach as simple as that, the idea that rifle nades are OP is kinda odd.

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2010, 05:56:42 am »

It forces them to move, and thats good enough

and they move away and 2nd squad pops smoke
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2010, 05:58:53 am »

And then you throw a second nade, or were you planning on killing both squads with just one infantry unit?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2010, 06:00:03 am »

Nevyen, nobody's really complaining in earnest now either. It's just nug feeling buthurt he can't wank while playing any more.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2010, 06:01:46 am »

Or your grenade cools down and you throw your second Inc. grenade.

I've not had any issue fighting Riflenade smoke. When anyone uses smoke they are saying to you "I have no intention of leaving this protective cover" you can grenade them arty them, Mortar them. Theres a ton of stuff you can do. If non of those options are available in your company then you were greedy with company construction
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2010, 06:02:26 am »

Nevyen, nobody's really complaining in earnest now either. It's just nug feeling buthurt he can't wank while playing any more.

funny that's not only me but also other axis (especialy PE players)

My HMG's

yep but not PE
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2010, 06:02:45 am »

awww poor nugx as PE i would of thought the IST is the solution to all your woes.....
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2010, 06:03:28 am »

Nade smoke, is just a spot of bother tbh, its just as Brn says, they are clumping together in one poiint, then your supposed to be fast with micro and get mortar, hmg tanks etc Heavy weapon support on that area. Force them to move like ^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc