Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:17:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Games are not fun anymore  (Read 24770 times)
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: December 02, 2010, 09:13:13 pm »

This is just going to far with the amount of super gay spam companies you can make. It seems like all i fight are these type of setups and its getting a little old. I'm really at the point of just not playing anymore. Some people seem to have gotten it in their head that I spam a bunch of shit and I don't. So it seems like i'm getting greifed all the time. Sure i win some of these battles but it doesn't make the game any more fun to play. I just want to a normal match and not have to face billions of rifles back up with billions of assualt engineers, at guns, airborne armor super rape assualt flammers of doom with 10 marders, 300 million 50 mills and 100 million pgrens. It just isn't fun to play games like that.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 09:14:13 pm »

Wait...weren't you running that pile of smoke spam a few days ago =)

Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 09:19:12 pm »

nope was not me. The only thing i have done is have 5 bren carriers and I wouldn't really call that spam since they die pretty easy. Then whe i first made my defensive company it had all volks with faust and nades but i changed that a while back. I'm just saying that i don't mind these games every now and then. I just don't like playing against stupidness every game.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 10:11:26 pm »

Eh, basically yea, I have to agree. It's spam this or that to win. Win/Loss is being determined by your company screen more than gameplay.

Things I miss, tank vs tank battles....
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 10:27:17 pm »

Running a balanced company is still possible. My blitz company is combined arms. Well, by any measure. It's got p4, tiger, mg, grens, storms, pios, mortar etc. Dont think its any weaker than other stuff.

As for the current metagame I do believe that smoke-launchers on infantry will be looked at sooner rather than later. There's also a small pool tune in the works. Aka, pool to tune the spam.

Take some days off jodomar. Don't let the game get to you, we've all been there and need other people to tell us that it's happening. Fight the spammers with your own spam until everything settles.

Dismissed & Hug
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:34:25 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 10:35:46 pm »

It's the effects of no warmap and 200 starting PP and enough level to get most of what you want. It happens every time we leave the starting level too and PP's too high.

If you were level 1 with enough PP's to buy a tier 1 it'd be much different

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 10:37:50 pm »

How so?

Companies would still end where they are, spam that works.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 10:41:13 pm »

No, balanced companies pretty much have no chance of winning anymore.
When you have to fight 6 Sherman Crocs (with a free 300MU worth of MGs), but can't set up ATGs because they get overrun by Rifles, and can't run elite infantry because they get suppressed by BARs or eaten up by Assault Engineers (and have no means of escape), and can't set up HMGs because they get all sorts of arty dropped on them, and can't take out the arty because...
And let's not forget the endless offmaps which have made a return (even though we completely redid doctrines a few months ago to get rid of these...), or the constant use of I WIN abilities or units (which I thought we were trying to avoid?...), or the return of things like Cannister Shot (which were previously removed for a reason).

Also Jodomar, you do spam shit, or at least you constantly stack with people who do. Last game with you I saw three commando snipers, endless armor Crocs, Rifle nade spam, constant PIATs in Brens, etc.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 10:43:36 pm »

Damn guys, those 50 cals are worth jack shit. I can't understand why you guys get so worked up about them. I don't even think the tank mgs in EIRR are worth their prices.

Really a storm in a glass here.

And you have become the #1 naysayer among some other scrubs, Carrot.

"Balanced companies pretty much have no chance of winning"

What.. a load.. of crap.

The fatalistic shit you guys manage to put out most recently is not worthy of the forums. It's all moan moan moan nothing is possible everything is bad.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:45:41 pm by Smokaz » Logged
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 10:43:57 pm »

I run a Balanced company on every company I have and I have no issue winning matches. Sure I lose some but I win more then I lose. Even against 'spam' companies(and especially against Sherman croc spam companies!)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 10:48:02 pm »

I run a Balanced company on every company I have and I have no issue winning matches. Sure I lose some but I win more then I lose. Even against 'spam' companies(and especially against Sherman croc spam companies!)

Ditto.

Also, the free croc MG is worth peanuts.

You want to see free MG rape, I could do a 10 barebones Halftrack company and make you eat those words. Their free top MG is much better than what the sherman gets. Wink

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 10:48:23 pm »

Or the commando jeep (lul)
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 10:50:49 pm »

You've got to be kidding. Croc MGs are crazy-good. They deal a constant damage to inf, greatly increasing the Crocs chance to crit while reducing the time it takes to kill them, suppresses targets with ease, ensuring they can't escape, and even deals some damage to lighter vehicles, which the Croc had no way of even hurting before. For free, on every Armor Croc.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 10:55:41 pm »

You want to see free MG rape, I could do a 10 barebones Halftrack company and make you eat those words. Their free top MG is much better than what the sherman gets. Wink
What? That's cost 2200 MP, 200FU, 30 Pop and 60 Pool (and that's assuming you're talking about the less expensive Wehr HT).
Yet none of those would have the the health, armor, or killing capabilities of the Croc, and would get owned in second. They'd suppress shit pretty well, but they'd also do fuck-all versus anything garrisoned, and would get torn apart by a single vehicle.

I'd like to see any of you play against Jodomar in one of his spam-stacks and walk away saying that not only was it a fair game, it was a fun game. (Hint: You won't)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 10:58:30 pm »

I'd like to see any of you play against Jodomar in one of his spam-stacks and walk away saying that not only was it a fair game, it was a fun game. (Hint: You won't)

I would like to see it too, I get dodged so much now adays...
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 10:59:00 pm »

Fight, carrot! FIGHT THEM!

3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 11:00:19 pm »

I like spam.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 11:02:43 pm »

A sherman Croc gets owned anyway.

I played Davids Croc Spam company the other day and it shut it down with AT to spare.

Heck I'd vote Sherman Crocs get MG's for free. I'm actually impressed the can kill things now instead of being good only for pushing hedges over.

The 20 range is Garbage on the Sherman Croc and the MG is only good for Suppression(it has 10% Accuracy) even then the Sherman croc is faster then infantry and could chase them to death anyway.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 11:02:56 pm »

Puppetmaster, etc.

It'd be nice to get a legitimate response to anything some day.

Any time I bring something up, I always get either no response, or 'No, I'm right, therefore you should stop making points, Carrot.' It's almost like they can't refute my points...
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 11:04:34 pm »

Is any smurf spamming something now me by default now? I mean I'm honoured and I wish I did but I actually don't spam crocs lol

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc