Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:48:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WP strike  (Read 5244 times)
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: December 18, 2010, 05:22:28 am »

Why is this offmap so weak?
It has red smoke, the plane is coming too slow and it does poor damage...
Typhoon rocket strike and precision strike are T2 as well and are much better than this...
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 05:26:59 am »

+1

I used it once on my only match as Armour, and I've had it used against me several times. Has done absolutely nothing noticeable, never seen anything die from it, or even take any damage as far as I can tell.

If it's supposed to be a damaging offmap it needs a significant damage increase. Or maybe it's bugged, since I haven't noticed any damage from it?

If it's supposed to be smoke as someone suggested in another thread a while ago it should be renamed, made more clear that it is a smoke ability, and made more accurate and probably a bit bigger too.
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 05:31:14 am »

It can do quite good damage against support weapons, but there are at least 5 seconds between red smoke and strike...It does nothing against infantry.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 03:47:27 pm »

Its an anti-support Offmap and is supposed to be comparable to the precision strike. It gets bonuses vs cover and should work well against units in buildings.

Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 04:02:35 pm »

You're supposed to use it on ATGs to immediate decrew them.
It's a nice instant-win button for Armor that lets them get away with not scouting ahead for ATGs, and is basically a nice get out of jail free card if your tanks get in a pickle.
It's not supposed to be an offmap in the traditional sense, though. It won't kill much, but I have seen it decimate smaller squads (Grens, Falls, HMGs).
The fact that it doesn't compare to other offmaps (Typhoon, Strafe, etc) has to do with the fact that those offmaps are OP to being with.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 05:04:50 pm »

You're supposed to use it on ATGs to immediate decrew them.
It's a nice instant-win button for Armor that lets them get away with not scouting ahead for ATGs, and is basically a nice get out of jail free card if your tanks get in a pickle.
It's not supposed to be an offmap in the traditional sense, though. It won't kill much, but I have seen it decimate smaller squads (Grens, Falls, HMGs).
The fact that it doesn't compare to other offmaps (Typhoon, Strafe, etc) has to do with the fact that those offmaps are OP to being with.

Shut up Carrott.

Typhoon, move to the left. Cant do it, move to the right.

Strafe, ya its OP when it hits a blob.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 05:11:01 pm »

Strafe does less damage against blobs but instantly wipes out any two squads who are alone... herpderpderp. It punishes you for not being a noob and blobbing everything up.

Saying that strafe is op against blobs but not against single squads or pairs of squads is a very retarded thing to say.
ErwinNH Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 05:13:17 pm »

Why is this offmap so weak?
It has red smoke, the plane is coming too slow and it does poor damage...
Typhoon rocket strike and precision strike are T2 as well and are much better than this...

Good point! Please make all offmaps like this.

3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 05:21:06 pm »

@Illegal Carrot
do you eat carrots when you play EIR? or are you full of shit and eat junk foods?

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 05:49:38 pm »

Wp is to weak, ive used in 10 times. Yh they all hit, but its kind of like a weak henshel strike. It will hit an ATG but wont decrew it outright. If the ATG took a little damage before the run then yh it might just do it. If not its a waste.

Could be a nice intimidation asset, charge when you put the red flares down ATG is moving and cant do anything lobl Cheesy
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 06:00:24 pm »

It's a sad reflection on EiR as a community when so many people clamor to buff an offmap artillery strike... the single worst aspect of CoH since the day it was released.

If it's so "weak" then you won't mind if the devs clean up armor and just remove it from the doctrine!  Grin
Cuz that'd be my suggestion on how to "fix" it.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 06:18:58 pm »

It's a sad reflection on the community when we suggest buffing something that's obviously underpowered, as opposed to wishing for something that will never happen?
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 07:06:15 pm »

Shut up Carrott.

Typhoon, move to the left. Cant do it, move to the right.
If only it were that easy.

Most maps are small enough that you cannot escape the barrage in time, and even on larger maps you can angle the run to reach the strike zone very quickly. It's most noticeable with Strafe, which often gibs your squads before the plane even comes onto the map.

But yeah, better not intelligently debate my points, better to just tell me to shut up. Roll Eyes

It's a sad reflection on the community when we suggest buffing something that's obviously underpowered, as opposed to wishing for something that will never happen?
If, after prolonged debate, a majority of the community comes to the conclusion than an ability is OP/UP, does not properly fit into the mod, and/or otherwise should be removed because it is overall causing more harm than good, then the devs should listen to the community and do what's best for the mod. Do you not have faith in them to do this? Why is it that this will 'never happen'?
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 07:50:54 pm »

Do you not have faith in them to do this?

Honestly? No. I have faith that they'll try and balance it but not that they will remove it completely.
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 06:55:57 am »

It just needs damage and accuracy buff, then it will be solid T2 offmap...
11on2d6 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 08:39:23 pm »

Thing thing defo needs an improvement of some work, its one of the few offmaps I dont care if I get hit by.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 09:03:54 pm »

Its not supposed to be on par with other t2 offmaps. In EIR the Armor doctrines generally never had any offmaps. The t2 offmaps for the tank doctrines are there as a choice to kill or move ATGs.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 09:27:36 pm »

Its not supposed to be on par with other t2 offmaps. In EIR the Armor doctrines generally never had any offmaps. The t2 offmaps for the tank doctrines are there as a choice to kill or move ATGs.

all u gotta do is kill the atgs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc