Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:11:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR Player list  (Read 21533 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2010, 11:48:23 pm »

The "extreme" list of the first post is way off. My list on page 2 is a little more accurate.

-Wind

And even that list is based off of butt buddy playing habits of which evaporate the second you separate that couple.

Neither list is an indication of individual skill, but 40% perceived skill and 60% having good friends to play with.

P.S., I should not be in extreme. I play with noobs, that makes me a less skilled player. Put me somewhere between heavy and medium rare. I like my steak alittle bloody. Wink
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:50:00 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

bayarea510 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2010, 12:07:33 am »

WTF? Falcon is O4b?

00:00:28 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: they're noobish
00:01:07 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: this is gonna be gg in 15 mins
00:28:50 [Team] RonnMercy: bring something on
00:29:04 [Team] imnotsoisoisoi: im out
00:29:05 [Team] RonnMercy: ur terrible lol
Gg in 30, half right at least
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2010, 12:07:36 am »

And even that list is based off of butt buddy playing habits of which evaporate the second you separate that couple.

Neither list is an indication of individual skill, but 40% perceived skill and 60% having good friends to play with.

P.S., I should not be in extreme. I play with noobs, that makes me a less skilled player. Put me somewhere between heavy and medium rare. I like my steak alittle bloody. Wink

Exactly what I was trying to say!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2010, 12:08:17 am »

Correction lists like these have maybe 10% basis in reality, its all a popularity contest. Lists like these only hurt a community as it causes arguments and hurt feelings, and just opens things up for people to just act like assholes.

Edit, curiously i see alot of stackers and noob stompers in the 'extreme' lists.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:17:09 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2010, 12:13:03 am »

Spartan. its why im not arguing with the constant flame bait.

Only hurt feelings is those who's ego's have been shattered. i just reveal the truth to everyone.

Hardly a popularity contest. Ill tell you this. ill get a 4 stack of extreme players and you get a 4 stack of heavy players. it would be hardly a contest with victory swinging easily to the extreme tier

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2010, 12:14:06 am »

ahh this where your argument ends and you shall stop.

Spartan i never used the Nebel 280 and ive only ever had 4 assault grens in my companies ever. so please stop now.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2010, 12:22:27 am »

If you take this list seriously you're silly, caring about demon's opinion is a retarded thing to do.

Not to mention very little thought was put into it. For example, I'm on Demon's list and I've never played a match with or against him. There's no possible way for him to know how good I really am, so that's automatically wrong. I am sure there are others on that list that Demon has never saw play either.

So if you get put into a lower tier than you think you are... get over it, because Demon's opinion of you means jack shit.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2010, 12:24:56 am »

Rename the "Extreme" tab with "Most Evil people on earth".

Community Butthurt instantly removed.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2010, 12:26:49 am »

No Artekas. Ive played with you, you just dont know it, and ive also played with every single person on that list, your assumption of my time in this community is heavily underestimated.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2010, 12:29:40 am »

It has nothing to do with your time in this community, just that you haven't played with everyone. I don't really believe your claim about having played with me, it's easy to say that you did it under a smurf or some shit but you have absolutely no way of proving it.

Edit: Not to mention, that was just one example of why there was no thought put into it. There are plenty more examples. For another example revolving around me, I along with many others am put in the same tier as 23down. I find that funny, although if I cared about what you thought of me I would actually find that very offensive because it's rather insulting to say someone is at 23down's skill level.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:36:27 am by Artekas » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2010, 12:29:57 am »

If you take this list seriously you're silly, caring about demon's opinion is a retarded thing to do.

Not to mention very little thought was put into it. For example, I'm on Demon's list and I've never played a match with or against him. There's no possible way for him to know how good I really am, so that's automatically wrong. I am sure there are others on that list that Demon has never saw play either.

So if you get put into a lower tier than you think you are... get over it, because Demon's opinion of you means jack shit.

I don't care about anyones opinion, my point was that a list like this is never a good idea. Ill play anyone anytime. I have never dodged a game, and i never will.

A list like who the good teamplayers/mentors etc. are ok, great for newcomers.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:40:06 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2010, 12:41:57 am »

Your arrogance and the need to argue in every thread astonishes me, which doesn't surpise me. Your just going through your "Teen" Phase in EIR believing you are always right. I mean i can see where your coming from, 1 month is a long time in comparison to my young 1 year and 7 months. i can totally see where your coming from  Roll Eyes

Fyi Spartan, that was the sole purpose of the list, for new people to look and see. but you people ego's are so explosively big because you want to be AT THE TOP and be dodged and stacked like i am everytime im in the lobby. oh you so very very want that  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:43:28 am by Demon767 » Logged
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2010, 12:45:03 am »

I've never stated or implied that I'm always right, nor do I think so to myself, but at least when I make arguments I actually make points instead of ad hominem, eh? If I'm a teen and you're an adult, I'd rather not become an adult because that'd mean I'd be a retard who can only throw ad hominems around instead of making an actual argument.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2010, 12:48:47 am »

so you agree that im right in playing everyone on the list due to the time i spent in this community? considering your very little knowledge from your past 1 month with us?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2010, 12:53:20 am »

Fyi Spartan, that was the sole purpose of the list, for new people to look and see. but you people ego's are so explosively big because you want to be AT THE TOP and be dodged and stacked like i am everytime im in the lobby. oh you so very very want that  Roll Eyes

Nah, i feel my position is fine. on good days i may move into the 'extreme' section, while on bad days i move into the medium-heavy, but generally i feel its about right. Its just disagree with some of the choices of those above/below me (who those are ill keep to myself)

so you agree that im right in playing everyone on the list due to the time i spent in this community? considering your very little knowledge from your past 1 month with us?

*sigh* demon, as much as you and i believe your right. This is just going to devolve into him saying no, and trying to make it look fancier and smarter by saying more gratuitous latin, generally 'ad hominem'

Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2010, 12:55:04 am »

Where-ever did you get the idea that I thought that? I also like how you assume I have "very little knowledge" because I've been here for a month and a half. Maybe if this were a profession you'd have a point, but this is a videogame and it does not take very long to learn how to play videogames competitively. In fact I have the perfect example of this. In the past three days I bought Starcraft II for a friend and I've been playing a few hours with him each day while teaching him, already in those 3 days he is showing incredible potential despite this being his first attempt at competitive RTS playing and he is learning very fast. Certainly within a month he will be at a high skill level.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2010, 12:56:24 am »

and trying to make it look fancier and smarter by saying more gratuitous latin, generally 'ad hominem'

The best way to make yourself look like a dumbass is to think that Latin is fancy and doesn't actually have meanings that would require an entire sentence to say in English. There's nothing fancy about Latin.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2010, 12:59:55 am »

Spartan i know i know. Its hard and i made the mistake to create 3 classes. they are generally accurate and i know everyone can be at the top and bottom some days. Personal preference, just between me and you. i know you will put up a great fight. i know that, Just as you can see from the above list, your not as potent. but your a hard opponent, people are really not seeing the skill level of heavy, light is the general skill level, they are good, they can be bad, but its a good indication for noobs

and yes i know he IS going to say no, im just not gonna reply to him anymore
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2010, 01:02:15 am »

Quote from: Demon767
I'm wrong and I know it so instead of making an argument I'm going to pretend like I'm right and not continue the argument, because if I were to be proved wrong on an internet forum that would shatter my whole existence. It's a good thing I'm right though!
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2010, 01:04:50 am »

Arguing anything is not a stupid or smart move, it's a move that kills time and I have absolutely no reason not to. What's to lose from arguing everything? Some reputation with a community I couldn't give less of a shit about?

You're credibility rating on these forums, largely because of statements like this, is less than zero.

And 23down has gotten a lot better - he's in the right tier. I don't agree with the Extreme list on Demon's list, but that I do agree with.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc