Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:27:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Units  (Read 14610 times)
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 07:20:38 pm »

im pushing for the Elephant.

Found one on relic forums and hes dishing the models out like they were free samples.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 07:22:18 pm »

Indeed.

Apparently, we dont need it. Bull I say!  Roll Eyes

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 07:26:21 pm »

Indeed.

Apparently, we dont need it. Bull I say!  Roll Eyes

Groundfire: EIRRmod  I WANTZ ELEPHANT NAOW

EIRRmod:......

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 07:34:34 pm »

Naw, I agree that we shouldnt do more non-doctrinal/doctrinal units, but we are in the fortunate circumstance to have the warmap deal out these rare and powerful tanks sporadically and in small quantities to certain individuals who preform well on the warmap.

With such a system we can avoid all the pitfalls with actually implementing models that we dont need and focus on the "super weapons" aspect of giving only half a dozen people an Elephant at one time.

We also give a realistic portrayal of these tank usages and avoid the "ostwind syndrom" that most tanks in this game have.

(ostwind syndrom means that only like 40 were made in real life but in CoH, everyone and their mother has one, like the ostwind)

So, even if the Elephant would practically be identical to the Jadgtiger, we can have both because only 2-3 people will have them at one time and they represent an achieveable persistancy goal for the warmap (I want a cool tank, do good you'll get one).

In the end, we should just implement every unit we can get our hands on and use them as random warmap units to be distributed rarely like a rare "pokemon card," because no other mod can do this without playing the "realism" card. (they will include all models because this is just the state of mind of those modders not concerned with balance)

What it ultimately ends up as is a major selling point for our mod that we are allowing all of these models in a balanced environment, allowing them the rarity of becoming the center piece of someone's army like you would have in a Table Top war game.

We would attract alot of players this way, I just gotta hammer it into the Dev's heads. Smiley

It would turn alot of heads for a player to see a very rare Elephant on the field when he's so used to only seeing KTs in vCoH. This is one of those "in game" rewards that we currently lack and something that I would like to see picked up.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 07:41:20 pm by Groundfire » Logged
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 07:56:52 pm »

You know you could technically put all the units in as nondoctrine/doctrine but hardcap them.

Say you go tank hunters and you take the Doctrine that unlocks the elephant and jagdtiger. Now, when you accept changes a choice of the 2 units show up under the new unit unlock doctrine. It has either the Jagd or the elephant. Now they are both relativly the same but are diffrent in some aspects. Like one has more hp but less firpower ETC you can choose one or the other. As soon as you take the elephant into your company, you can no longer choose the jagdtiger becuase you have a elephant. Give them a choice into which units they want to get and which ones to forgo.

Obviously you want to keep specific units in a limited amount becuase there rare/ to epic for everyone. I dont if this could work but ill try explain.

Assuming you want everyone to have a go of this new elephant, but want to keep it limited. To circulate it, say the first 10 people to unlock the doctrine and choose it get it. They can purchase it once. If it gets destroyed in a game, then the doctrine goes back to using the Jagdpanther, and the 11th person who chose the doctrine now gets to choose the elephant if he wishes. Obviusly you will have to keep checking etc. Although what im suggesting could be timeconsuming and potentially annoying beside other things.

Plus players that are my skill level (below competant LOL) may suffer from the new warmap reward system. They will only do well if they are coupled with another good player as essectially the good player is a crutch. Its like me playing with Royal. I spent a night playing a few games with him. Hes a pretty damn good player, and we won a fair share of games even against some other good players. If i had a player of my skill as a teammate we wont alot of games, proberly the ones were the enemy is of the same skill.

Im sure EIRRmod has thought about this, im just concerned really. 
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 08:11:51 pm »

afaik, warmap preformance wont be entirely dominated by ingame CoH. It's supposed to be a game within a game with a macro war management aspect, with what your doing on the warmap effects what happens ingame. (we'll see how it all pans out, tbh, it's all speculation for right now from my perspective)

The problem with your idea scotzman is that once you put a unit into a doctrinal position, its gotta fit a role and be the only unit that fit's it's particular role otherwise the unit becomes a redundant cosmetic update.

If the stats were sufficiently different then it would have it's own role to fill. By having multiple tanks filling the same role may increase diversity but it's still just a cosmetic update. Also making it so that only the first 10 people who pick that doctrine seems kinda unfair to weekend warriors who dont feel like nabbing one of those spots 5 minutes after the patch goes live. (Yeah the availability moves but what if your guy #70 to pick terror? you'd have to wait along time for that special tank)

Also, once their used up their gone. Other people would like to use the tank to, uninhibited by what doctrine they have gone. (Defensive with Elephant, me likey)

I would think it best to have the tanks distributed semi-randomly and in few numbers to make it a treat for doing stuff on the warmap. Alittle reward that entices you to play more.

When I said "having the units distributed by warmap preformance" I was just throwing out ideas. Of course we would make them almost easily excessible for everyone at the base level. Like you would get one for being in the game that won a sector for your team. Not entirely reliant on your in-game composure, but you still gotta play to get the reward.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:19:08 pm by Groundfire » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 09:18:44 pm »

Groundfire, why dont you establish some contracts in the mod community. Every siungle model they build WILL be put into EIR war map reward system. It will put EIRR up there, and having the models in EIRR will create publicity from the modding community, but also the sheer aspect of new units to be used.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 11:25:23 pm »

afaik, warmap preformance wont be entirely dominated by ingame CoH. It's supposed to be a game within a game with a macro war management aspect, with what your doing on the warmap effects what happens ingame. (we'll see how it all pans out, tbh, it's all speculation for right now from my perspective)

Agreed im still trying to get my head around it though.

If the stats were sufficiently different then it would have it's own role to fill. By having multiple tanks filling the same role may increase diversity but it's still just a cosmetic update. Also making it so that only the first 10 people who pick that doctrine seems kinda unfair to weekend warriors who dont feel like nabbing one of those spots 5 minutes after the patch goes live. (Yeah the availability moves but what if your guy #70 to pick terror? you'd have to wait along time for that special tank)

I see your point, mine only slightly works and fills some of the gap.

I would think it best to have the tanks distributed semi-randomly and in few numbers to make it a treat for doing stuff on the warmap. Alittle reward that entices you to play more.

See if we go by this, you may not get something you want, or maybe never get what unit you want. Unless you get specific cards to which doctrine they are playing. So if i was the Royal Engies doc, i get cards specifically tailored to my Doctrine.

If any doctrine gets whatever cards, then the liklyhood of me getting a Black Prince to compliment my Churchill filled Company.

But again we are all throwing ideas around, until we get to play the warmap, we wont know how smart EIRRmod has been Tongue

Groundfire, why dont you establish some contracts in the mod community. Every siungle model they build WILL be put into EIR war map reward system. It will put EIRR up there, and having the models in EIRR will create publicity from the modding community, but also the sheer aspect of new units to be used.

When you say "they build" do you mean modelling it themselves? becuase im not moddelling every single unit everyone comes up with. There is only me as a moddeler here as far as i am aware, and only a handfull on Relic Forums. Im just saying, im moddeling units that EiR:R NEEDS! to go in, like balancing and the such. Reward units, yh they are fine, i can do them after needed units. Even then, i have yet to find someone who can use the Object Editor. Then there are new textures to be put to new models. I certainaly cant do it. Royal Hants may be able to, but i dont know.

Adding new models is a massive workload for just a few people.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 11:28:43 pm »

i have no idea what your on scots all im saying is that completed will always be added in.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 11:30:53 pm »

Instead of a tractor (PanzerII) can I just have a goliath with a sniper on top? Something tells me that would be more useful.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 11:58:47 pm »

an M3 would me Great for the americans

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2010, 12:58:05 am »

What about a Catapult that fires goliaths?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2010, 01:20:42 am »

EIRRMOD said that we'd implement any models made in house one way or another.

Any other models, regardless of how cool they are, will most likely only be made playable through the system I described a page or two ago. (and that's gotta take some convincing) That's the only system that id be willing to push because it's "very low impact" on the balance of the game.

Every other option of implementation either mirrors certain factional aspects which we want to keep exclusive, or the models simply serve no purpose other than cosmetic changes or fill redundant combat rolls of which we already have 2-3 other tanks that do the exact same job.

We can scream and bitch all we want about it all we want but stuff like the Black Prince will never be doctrinal and allowed to everyone. (there were only 2 in Europe and neither saw combat, it's a fun "what-if" concept tank)

There is only me as a moddeler here as far as i am aware, and only a handfull on Relic Forums. Im just saying, im moddeling units that EiR:R NEEDS! to go in, like balancing and the such. Reward units, yh they are fine, i can do them after needed units. Even then, i have yet to find someone who can use the Object Editor. Then there are new textures to be put to new models. I certainaly cant do it. Royal Hants may be able to, but i dont know.

Oh, and dont worry, this is pretty much your project. No pressure.

However, if we get a presentable model, we do have friends over at RN that I believe owe us a few favors and can do the animating. Usually tho, if we request community help, that removes grounds to make the model exclusive to our mod. Personally I dont care if we make them public (as it will speed up the development time), but that's a decision up to the artist and the mod as a whole.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 01:24:49 am by Groundfire » Logged
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2010, 04:35:50 am »

WM Hitler's youth
WM Mountain Troops...
      Ostruppen...
      Regulars...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 06:12:03 am »

pyrotechnique engis or gtfo

or sappers with flamers tbh
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:19:13 am by deadbolt » Logged

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 06:35:45 am »

sappers with flamers tbh

The best thing ive heard... all day?!?!
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 09:58:24 am »

lmao bad idea, flamers to all those infantry. thats like when they gave all factions AT rifles. what makes them special like the PE flames who are a T3 unlock when all factions can get a sort of "assault flame" unit.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2010, 10:30:07 am »

greens with flamers for Terror ftw.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2010, 10:35:10 am »

KCH with 3 flamers tbh
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 10:48:18 am »

Kch with kar rifles please