Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:20:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Company Composition  (Read 13953 times)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 04:14:44 am »

- Stug being so much worse than the m18, marder, m10
- Firefly alone being so much worse than anything else

I don't even know where to begin!
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 04:19:31 am »

Id like to bring this up again, how about you only allow us to go so many PP's into the oversupply pool, say 10 - 20. This will seriously limit spam companys. Although your going to have to find something to spend all thoose PP's on. Maybe get 150 PP's and trade them all for a reward point/s?
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 04:37:19 am »

Id like to bring this up again, how about you only allow us to go so many PP's into the oversupply pool, say 10 - 20. This will seriously limit spam companys. Although your going to have to find something to spend all thoose PP's on. Maybe get 150 PP's and trade them all for a reward point/s?
Oversupply will be removed.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 04:39:58 am »

So we wont be able to go over the pool, or spend PP's on units?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 04:41:20 am »

Go back to a hard cap on each unit, prevents spamming of units to a degree that is abusable.

Also, move skirts for LV's back to Munitions, allows to many upgrades throughout the company allowing them to be supported by mass ATG and upgraded infantry.

STuG to 45 range, same as other TDs.

Equalize repair and infantry healing, right now infantry can heal, for free, forever. Vehicles cost to repair, and can usually only be repaired once.

Change Tank dynamic, Medium Tanks get a bonus vs Light Vehicles. Become light vehicle hard counter killing them in a reasonable amount of time.

Reduce number of available offmaps, currently too many in game.

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 04:43:26 am »

So we wont be able to go over the pool, or spend PP's on units?
Correct.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 04:49:11 am »

+1 to Smokaz's Flank Sides post, that sums up so much that needs to be addressed.  My favorite especially is the unreliableness of the .30 cal.  Rather take rangers, overwhelm a MG42 and use that against him, and I don't pay any MU to take a semi-high MU unit from the other team.

AP rounds for MGs should also be free too, who here actually buys that expensive, useless upgrade? How often is an armored car or HT going to sit there, let you burst him and not get away, all on the original fragile crew? Can't use it in buildings cause the sucker likes to target infantry...

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2010, 04:51:10 am »

+1 to Smokaz's Flank Sides post, that sums up so much that needs to be addressed.  My favorite especially is the unreliableness of the .30 cal.  Rather take rangers, overwhelm a MG42 and use that against him, and I don't pay any MU to take a semi-high MU unit from the other team.

AP rounds for MGs should also be free too, who here actually buys that expensive, useless upgrade? How often is an armored car or HT going to sit there, let you burst him and not get away, all on the original fragile crew? Can't use it in buildings cause the sucker likes to target infantry...

Sadly, if it were and MG42 equiv, and with BARs being really cheap for what they do (LMG level dps + SF) it makes it an overpowering combo of instant suppress and more instant suppress/damage.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2010, 04:54:08 am »

If I wanted suppression (which I never need), I would get a BAR team, but I really don't care for the suppression, half the time I just want the guns for DPS like the LMGs Wehr gets. Never needed suppression as allies, especially if you ever fight those assault gren squads who break it anyways and nade your mg team to death.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2010, 04:55:50 am »

I don't even know where to begin!

Keep in mind it says

Firefly alone

Not vet 3 firefly with vet 3 cct

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BigDick
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 04:58:22 am »

firefly without cct and without vet is actually pretty good as long as you have scouting infantry

especially because brits does not need fuel for tanks to kill infantry...bren tommies are raping and price effective enough
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 05:01:05 am »

Keep in mind it says

Firefly alone

Not vet 3 firefly with vet 3 cct

touche' sir. The only issue with this is that if it's balanced without a cct and vet, then with these, would it become OP? It's pretty damn effective with veterancy. Cromwell at any level of vet + a vet 3 cct is also ridiculous at the moment, it fires like a t17.

firefly without cct and without vet is actually pretty good as long as you have scouting infantry

especially because brits does not need fuel for tanks to kill infantry...bren tommies are raping and price effective enough

Doesn't it currently have an incredibly long load time, which is only increased the closer it gets to its target?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 05:01:41 am »

CCT bonuses have been whined about, are being reduced im pretty sure

To me in the end its a question of whether or not the double veterancy is doable to balance in eirr

for instance, tommies are weaker off the bat, but extremely powerful with a vet 3 lt and a vet 3 captain

same for cct?

it just seems like every attempt to make a decent, balanced combination of british units + their leadership has failed even though they have been in over a year
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:06:50 am by Smokaz » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 05:08:04 am »

Doesn't it currently have an incredibly long load time, which is only increased the closer it gets to its target?

the increased reload time exists since this unit was introduced with the brits in coh and not that of an issue because you use it at max range and it always penetrates
since shrecks are expensive and paks can't move while cloaked its one of the best anti tank utilities available in eir
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 05:09:09 am »

Lone FF, Its good for that 1 snipe shot - the slow firing speed screws it over at short range (if that happens) and also maims it in prolonged engagements
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 05:11:07 am »

Summary
Just balance doctrines and some unit prices. The rest is fine really... maybe with the exception of PE.

Resources.
Manpower restricts the size of the company.
Munitions represents the offensive / defensive capabilities of the unit.
Fuel represents (alongside Munitions as a secondary) as survivability of the unit, and a limiter of game-changing / restricted counter units (Units only countered by a certain type / weapon / tactic).

I would suggest to an older play style. Reduce Munitions given to players. My personal take is that, rifles went from 200MP to 190MP because the availability of upgrades made them extremely kill-able. However recently, due to adaptations to new tactics and availability of doctrinal units (i.e. american officer) rifles were re-raised to 200MP (as are volks).

When you reduce munitions, you make players focus on a core tactic/identity of each company instead of buying as many OP items as possible. I have no "hard" data to substantiate this. This is just a personal observation/intuition. Try experimenting with 1500 or even 1400 munition availability. vEiR had the range of 1200-1300.

Some units are just too cost efficient. I'm sure those have already been brought out.

Availability Pool.
Each pool restricts an overuse of a specific genre of units.  Infantry, Vehicles, Support, Tanks.

Is actually fine. Its more fun to play against spam companies (i.e. hordes of infantry/hordes of tanks) in which the units are properly priced (i.e. not too cheap for what it can do). It gives more variety instead of fighting the same old "balanced" companies all over again.

In-game Population
Represents total presence of power on field at one time.

Works quite fine as well. Some would think that ATGs are too low in pop.

Overall, most of the balance has been a lot better.

Unbalanced Stuff

Currently I use a [CW] Commando Doctrine.

The things that makes it imba is:

1. MMG Bren Carrier + ATG call in
This comes in at 8 popcap only, being one of the best anti tank call in w/o problems from inf (mmg is immune to small arms fire and can take up to 3 schreck shots). It can eat 2 tank shots, run up all the way to a tank and button it and allow the atg to rape it.

2. Commando Sniper
The view range of the commando sniper makes it "ez" mode. Why bother with recon tommies? Even if you don't snipe anything with the mando sniper, its view range is invaluable. Its like having omniscience on a bike. With good usage, the inf +atg spam w/ mando sniper is almost unbeatable (short of offmaps, and PE hummel with the burning flame barrage spam thingie)

Its only weakness is to cloaked storms which can ambush a lone sniper. However, use it prudently, with a combination of recon tommies and bren tommies or what not, it can counter that. It can still smoke to run away.

As a 2 man squad it is also really surviveable.

I personally think that the CW Mando doctrine is currently the easiest faction to play, coupled with things like staghounds (which I believe to be underpriced).

Also to note are the insane Fall's medkit. Most of the time, imbalance is due to poorly designed doctrines imo, not so much of pricing and stuff seeing that EiRR is already in such a "mature" state of development.
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2010, 05:24:00 am »

- Unupgraded KCH's not available (If you could use kar98 kch, it would open up a whole new avenue of strategy for wehrmacht, because they could continue to sit at range vs a american sniper. It would be the composition they brought out when the enemy tried to beat them their support spam or range fighting) ((Lee-enfield Commandos opened up a grenade type of play for brits, why not do this for KCH too)

Wehr doesn't need anything to counter an allied sniper. Allied sniper are actually the easiest to die (unless they have a triage or CCT) because it doesn't regen at all and has no med kit.

The things which kills snipers the most often are:
1) Offmaps
2) Artillery
3) Bike Rushes
4) Counter-Snipe

All of which the wehr has. Its PE who are more gimped against snipers.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2010, 05:36:03 am »

Not saying wehr is dependant on it to live in a sniper world, but it would let them employ a infantry type that wasn't so easy to harass by recons, commando snipers, americasn sniper etc

And all of those counters require some skill or luck
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2010, 05:41:42 am »

Not saying wehr is dependant on it to live in a sniper world, but it would let them employ a infantry type that wasn't so easy to harass by recons, commando snipers, americasn sniper etc

Fair enough.... but they light up like matchsticks... even more so than infantry_soldier armour. What happens if u meet a engy-flamespam + sniper coy? ^^

And all of those counters require some skill or luck

Yup, I'm listing this as the only effective counters against a skillful sniper user. Against an unskillful one, a simple infantry rush would take it out.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 05:57:08 am »

I don't think there's a problem with the .30 cal as other people pointed out. For it's dirt cheap price of 20 munitions it does a pretty damn good job of providing some supportive fire for your standard inf.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc