Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:57:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next patch  (Read 15623 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« on: January 02, 2011, 05:45:25 am »

Post the issues you feel need addressing ASAP here, primarily on balance. (Can be anything from availability, pop to doctrines and stat changes). No need to post the bugs, we've already got those listed for fixes.

We will be working on getting a patch out as soon as possible, hopefully Bob will also be around to get tank hunters in.

Regards
frsd Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 06:19:24 am »

Stags

/thread
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 06:29:24 am »

Artillery (both on-map and especially off-map) is getting out of hand. Between all the on-map pieces everyone gets, FOO and the 1-2 off-maps per doctrine, I often lose track of how ridiculously many arty strikes there are per game. I'm talking a dozen or more barrages, all one after another, in some cases.
Outright removing many of the off-maps would be a rather large change (though this should be done, IMO), so a less drastic approch might be to look at the cost, placement and effectiveness of these off-maps.
Here are some quick ideas to make things more reasonable:
-Make FOO on a global cooldown, just like Ami Officer Smoke.
-Move the Typhoon Rocket Strike to T3, and the Lancaster bomber to a T2 (just like Firestorm/V1).
-Remove the +1 off-maps from many of the T4s.
-Make some of the most powerful off-maps 0 free / 1 max.
-Reduce the overall effectiveness of some off-maps (FOO is near inescapable [and so much better than Mortar Barrage], Saturation is inescapable even if you move the soonest humanly possible, Typhoon Strike comes on far too quickly, Strafe should Pin squads rather than completely wipe them, etc)

This is a serious suggestion, and I hope it gets looked at. Arty spam nearly ruined EiR before, and the previous doctrines were designed specifically to have very few off-maps. I have no idea why, but now literally every doctrine has 1-2 off-maps available to them, and many have +1 off-maps with a T4. Some companies specifically revolve around spamming off-maps to win, rather than actual gameplay.

On-map arty is relatively fine, however, as it requires a resource/pop dedication to use.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:35:37 am »

make the officer smoke a unit spesific cooldown sence you only get 3 of them.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 07:35:49 am »

1)

Decrease scatter on hummel,,, make it have still bigger than other arty , but lower than it is currently,  the current scatter is a joke.

2)

Do something with riflenade ABILITY to pop smoke on demand (aka plasma shield) (i don't want to start using them like stags)

they never worked in the first place

as with the rest of the offmaps ,  t3 offmap should be 1 free use and t2  2 offmaps both for sp

it would leave max 3 offmaps per player ,  3 offmaps is ok imo.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 09:10:10 am by nugnugx » Logged

rambo124 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 11:07:15 am »

Hi Guys,

I believe your entire availability system is, basically, pointless. I believe you should allow us total freedom by removing it or swap the availability system to unit specific instead of just base groups (ie infantry, tanks, vehicles), which has more of a chance to prevent spam.

Regards,

Rambo
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 11:21:12 am »

Hi Guys,

I believe your entire availability system is, basically, pointless. I believe you should allow us total freedom by removing it or swap the availability system to unit specific instead of just base groups (ie infantry, tanks, vehicles), which has more of a chance to prevent spam.

Regards,

Rambo

we had that before, but then removed again because... no reason?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:31:59 am by LeoPhone » Logged
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 11:23:42 am »

Most of the imbalances I think come from the availability system and the ability of certain units to be spammed. Once that's fixed, I think a lot of things will just fall neatly into place.

Aside from that...

Offmap artillery. It's only fun for the people who use them.
I like carrots ideas.

Stags. Price increase pretty please. And not a hollow + 20 mp +20 fuel. More like +80mp +50 fuel. Something meaningful.

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 11:30:22 am »

Stags, Increase in price and or reduce in health.

Remove some allied offmaps to reduce thier heavy dependance on them or just nerf them

Rifle smoke needs to be looked  at

Medium tanks Increase in Effectiveness Vs LVs

PE shreck balanced out to have same damage as Wehr One

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 12:08:01 pm »

flamer sappers

/thread.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 12:15:42 pm »

assult riflemen with flamers.

/thread.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 12:34:17 pm »

For the love of god fix RCA.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 12:56:31 pm »

Artillery (both on-map and especially off-map) is getting out of hand. Between all the on-map pieces everyone gets, FOO and the 1-2 off-maps per doctrine, I often lose track of how ridiculously many arty strikes there are per game. I'm talking a dozen or more barrages, all one after another, in some cases.
Outright removing many of the off-maps would be a rather large change (though this should be done, IMO), so a less drastic approch might be to look at the cost, placement and effectiveness of these off-maps.
Here are some quick ideas to make things more reasonable:
-Make FOO on a global cooldown, just like Ami Officer Smoke.
-Move the Typhoon Rocket Strike to T3, and the Lancaster bomber to a T2 (just like Firestorm/V1).
-Make some of the most powerful off-maps 0 free / 1 max.
-Reduce the overall effectiveness of some off-maps (FOO is near inescapable [and so much better than Mortar Barrage], Saturation is inescapable even if you move the soonest humanly possible, Typhoon Strike comes on far too quickly, Strafe should Pin squads rather than completely wipe them, etc)

This is a serious suggestion, and I hope it gets looked at. Arty spam nearly ruined EiR before, and the previous doctrines were designed specifically to have very few off-maps. I have no idea why, but now literally every doctrine has 1-2 off-maps available to them, and many have +1 off-maps with a T4. Some companies specifically revolve around spamming off-maps to win, rather than actual gameplay.

On-map arty is relatively fine, however, as it requires a resource/pop dedication to use.
1 offmap per doctrine the rest as warmap cards avaliable to all doctrines but you only get them occasionally would work better
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 01:01:21 pm by RoyalHants » Logged

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 01:22:17 pm »

I would like to post the "pages" idea for the leaderboard that a lot of players have been discussing. I wanna know who smurfs are! Not necessarily because I won't play against them, but I'm sick of the sneaking around.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
BigDick
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 01:33:24 pm »

and i want an automatch with hidden names and randomly choosen sides
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 01:40:57 pm »

- Reduce munitions supply (less toys for inf + atg spam)
- Reduce Mando Sniper's view range (its insane)
- Nerf Insane Offmaps (Arty Saturation and stuff, those big blast radius stuff, typhoon strike etc etc.)
- Increase Staghound's price (fuel and mp), remove canister shot from it.
- Nerf P4 IST T3 buffs in SE
- Fix Hummels insane flame barrage ability.

EDIT:
- Make Bren MMG cost some munitions!!!
- Nerf Creeping BArrage (price increase pls)

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 02:15:17 pm »

i agree with you completly.

please make cloud a balence member.

you guys were horrible with the commando sniper if i remember correctly.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:26:44 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 02:24:45 pm »

Problem with reducing Muni's is it further nerfs medium armor, which is already pretty rare on the Axis side.

Alongside that change would need to be a reduction in Skirt and MG prices across the board.

The other solution, would be to reduce the HP on the T17 and M8 to default values, change the Stag HP to match, and then put in Skirt upgrades that cost MU back in. Want your LV to survive? Buy skirts. Buy skirts and MGs, no MU for ATGs or infantry.

Simple enough.

Secondary issue with no MU, unupgraded infantry spam becomes the order of the day again, which is boring and retarded.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:29:00 pm by AmPM » Logged

cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 02:26:53 pm »

Problem with reducing Muni's is it further nerfs medium armor, which is already pretty rare on the Axis side.

Alongside that change would need to be a reduction in Skirt and MG prices across the board.

Actually, I find suiciding P4s for maximum damage more effective than kiting than repairing it... I only buy the top mgs on it. The MGs and Skirts are REALLY CHEAP as it is already!
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 02:26:59 pm »

- Reduce munitions supply (less toys for inf + atg spam)
nope

Nerf P4 IST T3 buffs in SE
The only thing that makes it worthwile using in 1 doctrine and a t3 on top of that, and it moves with half speed of normal , it is ok.

2nd buff just gives it +5 range , so it has 40 range as every other tank. ok here also.

and if you want incendiary barrage on it , you can have only 2 t3s.

Nothing needs changing here.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:30:01 pm by nugnugx » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc