Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 08:46:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luft 'guide'  (Read 12218 times)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 08:24:16 am »

I did some work on it,what do you think now?
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 08:35:44 am »

It's kind of annoying to read...because you are doing...this all the time..you know...

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 08:38:33 am »

what?
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 08:39:55 am »

what?
he says......your doing........to much..............of this.........

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 08:53:30 am »

didn't think that it bothers people so much,I write like that all the time for some reason online...corrected...better?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 09:34:38 am »

I'm not sure where you picked it up... but you should really try just using dots to actually end... your sentences.

But yes, it's better. Still, weird habit.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 09:35:31 am »

My dad does that...

I think it's supposed to represent a...conversational pause...

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 09:38:52 am »

Butterfly Bombs
This is a really good offmap, it kills infantry on a conveyor belt and also breaks the threads of tanks. You can drop it on infantry and support but if you drop it in front of them they can shoot it down. So dropping it on units with SMGs is a bad idea. Dropping it on Anti-tank guns is a very good idea. Even if there is no crew or it belongs to your team.

Field medicine
Works like the Wehrmacht medkits but to gain the ability they need to pick up a crate. The crates can be picked up with any unit so you can share it with your Wehr teammates or use it on PzGrens. It's a good ability but it's also a great trade-off. Fallshirmjägers are not supposed to take a lot of damage. Unlike grenadiers they have close range weapons so a medkit won't really save them against things that usually kill them like snipers, tanks and artillery. More importantly it's a T3 unlock so you'll miss out on other even more important abilities like Panzerknacker and Aeral supply crates. Healing a unit will slow it down so it's a risk and a bad idea to use in combat unless you have a lot of support. That's why it's best to use this ability with Scout Training to remove the slow penalties.

Crete Veterans
This ability is also a big trade-off, the 33% accuracy from cover is deadly but since your main force will consists of mostly Fallshirmjägers they will never be able to capture territory cause they will camouflage when standing still. So the only way you can use this ability correctly is if you always keep PzGrenadiers, Luftwaffe infantry or Scout Cars nearby so you can actually take territory. The other bad thing is that you'll also miss out on the other T3s and T4s that you can really benefit more from in my opinion. Also if you retreat with camouflage they will not uncamo.

Improved Logistics and Aerial Supply Crates
Really useful T3, one extra G43, Rifle nade or AT rifle will increase your killing power by a lot. Covering fire for Fg42s is almost a necessary ability to use them correctly. Basing your entire company on only Fg42s is not only not cost effective it's also not the best you can have. Because what's better than lots of Fg42s is combined arms. The Fg42, Rifle nade and G43 all have different abilities and areas of expertise.

The Fg42 is very deadly and with covering fire you can just suppress all those infantry trying to overrun you or even outgun BAR suppression. This weapons just like the BAR can be used at longer distances but it's generally much better up close. But keep in mind that unless you are attacking a retreating force then it's not good to be on the move instead try to stay in cover. Yellow cover is about 1000% better than no cover at all. They are generally stronger than Rangers in close quarters because Rangers have bazookas. If you use them together with G43 slow it will cause panic and force them to keep moving or die on the spot. Especially if you use it against high value targets. Another note on close quarters is focus fire. If you direct all your fire towards the most wounded unit then he will be forced to retreat it earlier. Meaning you will win the conflict earlier than if you had fired at the full health squad. It's also very possible that you will kill the entire unit, again causing panic.

The Rifle Grenades is very useful against infantry in cover or in houses. You can also fire over obstacles. And they have rifle smoke which will make them immune to suppress and protect them from enemy fire, good for retreating or advancing maneuvers.

The G43 has a noticeable higher accuracy than the Kar98k. But more importantly they have suppression fire that will slow enemy units which makes it excellent for stopping or encircling certain units. You can also see units affected by it even if they camouflage and trough the FoW. It can also be used to stop CQB units from getting in range but keep in mind that the unit that uses suppression fire will have reduced accuracy.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:06:02 am by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 10:06:07 pm »

This ability is really bad, really really bad.

The presumed response of a  law professor:

"Does this mean its bad?"

Why doesnt it just say: This is a bad ability. Exact writing is good writing. When you do something precisely the way you intended to do it, its common sense to assume it was done with experience and control. Someone with experience and control necessarily commands authority and respect where it rightfully applies. Thus the guide is perceived as believable, correct information that you want and trust is useful. Thats one way of arguing for good writing, just by common sense. And generally the more clean and reviewed your writing seems, the more credibility the information gains, to some point. If a claim completely breaks with the base understanding of a fact or establish opinion, you need to back it up with something.

I'm not perfect either. But you want your guide to focus on what you want to learn or share with someone else, not all the stuff you dont think is worthy of sharing or learning someone else. If your guide is about how to set up a good ambush dont include information about why panzergrenadiers are bad, or why armored cars make you sad.

Focus on what you want to share, flesh it out. Try to look into all the quirks, exceptions to give it some semblance of depth.

you also get luftwaffe ground forces,withouth upgrades dont expect them to do much,they preety much die like flies,but are

Pretty useless information to begin with that luftwaffes are bad. If they were undeniably bad, bugged, underpowered and borderline unusable at all, this would be easily said in informative manner: "Luftwaffes are mainly for recrewing support weapons and not for combat, adding a 5 man squad option to Luft".

Secondly, it isnt even correct. With ambush, or the free fg42 and medikits, they become very viable combat units for their cost. So having those doctrine abilities would be exception to the general rule. "Luftwaffes are mainly for recrewing support weapons and not for combat, adding a 5 man squad option to Luft. With doctrine buffs (*List doctrine buffs here*) they can become better. A good combination (*Luftwaffe combination you have tested*) would be..
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:54:40 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 12:31:59 am »

Ponys post

Much better. I would add for instance, that the fg42 works like the bar. Best used close up and worse on the move than a thompson or a mp44. 50% accuracy reduction vs 75%.

I would add that butterfly bombs can be SHOT down if they are dropped within line of sight.

I would add that field medicine works like the wehrmacht medikit, and that it can be picked up by all your PE infantry. So you can use it to heal assault, panzer and tank buster grenadiers. I would also add that in a standoff at long range, the medikit is very good for g43s but it wont save them at short range.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 12:38:43 am »

Why would you not be able to capture territory with crete? You are aware you can disable it right?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 01:04:22 am »

He probably means that you cant cap cloaked. And thats a fair point.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 01:11:51 am »

You shouldn't cap while cloaked.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 02:08:54 am »

I never realized how bad american weapons were versus soldier armor until i saw this post and looked it up, i think that needs to change. bar is .4 and i think garand was .5/ somethin like that. bren is .6 no wonder i have so many issues with my Inf coy vs PE infantry.

also, that makes it interesting since falls start with soldier armor, which makes u wonder if u should get the ab armor since that takes away that damage "buff"

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 02:12:11 am »

Panzergrens vs rifles is quite balanced tbh, if anything the doctrines disturb this.

The 1v1 between them is exceptionally fair and decided by % of fight happening at s to l range, ignoring excessively weird rolls for one side and abilities used. Basically rifles win just barely if they are able to get into close range quickly, while a standoff goes to the panzergrens.

Even with both their AI upgrades, its a fair fight.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:16:25 am by Smokaz » Logged
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2011, 05:23:54 am »

I never realized how bad american weapons were versus soldier armor until i saw this post and looked it up, i think that needs to change. bar is .4 and i think garand was .5/ somethin like that. bren is .6 no wonder i have so many issues with my Inf coy vs PE infantry.

also, that makes it interesting since falls start with soldier armor, which makes u wonder if u should get the ab armor since that takes away that damage "buff"
It's always been like that, and it's never been an issue. Most Wehr small arms have similar modifiers against Brit Soldier armor.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 04:57:07 am »

+1
I think I will do the "3Rs".
Read Review Recite

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc