Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:58:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Axis] Faust price  (Read 34027 times)
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2011, 03:18:06 pm »

just had 3 games and every wehr player is spamming now volks with faust and mp40 and/or assault nades.
Volk swarm is overwhelming everyone, it's raping tanks lvs and then proceeds to kill support weapons and inf.
and then feeds my vet 3 snipers

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2011, 10:18:05 pm »

Faust insta-hit is fine. If you guys insist on balancing it, please consider changing the cost. I'd rather get what I pay for than pay for some crap at ability. Based on the number of vehicles I see on the battlefield, I would hate to have an AT ability that fails to do its job.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2011, 02:08:06 am »

Allies: Tons of arty, offmaps, Pershings, Elite infantry blobs.

What is Axis Answer?

Axis: A lot of cheap quanity units with slight at cability and a lot of cheap stuff to throw at that spam of the allies.

Learn the Meta Game

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2011, 03:54:39 am »

Faust insta-hit is fine

but it's not insta-hit,it can hit ground,building,hedge etc. unlike stickie,which will always hit,no matter where do you throw it from.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2011, 03:56:30 am »

Axis: A lot of cheap quanity units with slight at cability and a lot of cheap stuff to throw at that spam of the allies.

learn the meta game

rofl

it's the other way around, allies were cheap with big numbers , and axis small hard hitting expensive squads.

If you want to have balance in a mod like EIR that runs on coh which is relics creation you have to think like a relic developer and what they planned, even if it is a mod that does something else (but uses its units) , otherwise you will end up with a clusterfuck.

Why pre-OF times were so fun? Because nothing was mirrored, and amer and  wehr played totaly different with a rock-paper-scissor approach, every unit was unique with no equivalent on the other side.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:05:34 am by nugnugx » Logged

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2011, 04:26:11 am »

but it's not insta-hit,it can hit ground,building,hedge etc. unlike stickie,which will always hit,no matter where do you throw it from.

Incorrect, stickies have a chance to miss (they fly off the screen) and worse is a sticky that doesn't penetrate and do any engine damage which can happen.

Allies: Tons of arty, offmaps, Pershings, Elite infantry blobs.

What is Axis Answer?

Learn the Meta Game

I disagree with this in part, Axis were capable of doing elite infantry blobs too, with specialty Storms, KCH, Falls and the like (elite as in not basic troops).  Everyone's playstyle with axis is different, my main issue is the fewer men per squad which drives me crazy in terms of retaining vet and staying on the field, which really leaves only Grens, Doctrine Squads and Volks.  And I find the faust to be much better investment than a Shrek (unless its a double shrek on a storm squad) due to armor having to kill every man in a 5 man squad to stop my one AT weapon, while a super expensive shrek in a 4 man squad isn't much of a threat and gets gibbed quickly by tanks.  I still advocate for shreks on volks or KCH with an option to 'attach' a 4th man with a shrek.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:29:55 am by lionel23 » Logged

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

BigDick
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2011, 04:51:24 am »

• give grens the ability to buy fausts too

as its now they are just food for light vehicles or a sink of wasted munitions

• increase the critical chance on fausts
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2011, 04:52:05 am »

falls,arent that much elite. In terms of cost,they cost only 10mp more than greens,and unless equiped with fg42,they arent all that much different or expensive(only pool wise) than pzgren's or greens. They are more somewhere between elite and regular inf. I found them to be only good bloobed if u have rifle nades.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2011, 05:34:57 am »

it's the other way around, allies were cheap with big numbers , and axis small hard hitting expensive squads.

If you want to have balance in a mod like EIR that runs on coh which is relics creation you have to think like a relic developer and what they planned, even if it is a mod that does something else (but uses its units) , otherwise you will end up with a clusterfuck.

Not what speedy was referring to - he is explaining why there is a shift in axis playstyles towards volksgrenadiers lately. It just so happens cheap, plentiful infantry with a reliably penetrating weapon and high capping power is a very viable counter to armour-based companies.

Secondly - no, you do not ever think about what "relic had in mind". Relic had in mind that T17s, Stags, Geschutz and Roos should be the most OP things ever to have been seen by the community because their thought process was "give them OP stuff so the only way to win is buy TOV. Hurr durr easy money influx".

As a mod - the only thing we should care and be thankful about is the game engine, because without it the mod could not exist. Other than that - the units, with all their stats, skins and models - is something that the community can create itself. And seeing that the gameplay is drastically different to that of vCoH - our unit stats and balance should be tailored to the mod's gameplay, not to how vCoH was designed.

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2011, 05:43:29 am »

Relic had in mind that T17s, Stags, Geschutz and Roos should be the most OP things ever to have been seen by the community because their thought process was "give them OP stuff so the only way to win is buy TOV. Hurr durr easy money influx".
Yes ToV and OF were pretty much jump for the cash, i was refering to the original coh which brought something new on a semi-realistic-fun rts scene.

And seeing that the gameplay is drastically different to that of vCoH - our unit stats and balance should be tailored to the mod's gameplay, not to how vCoH was designed.

Yes but alot of units still have the same vcoh stats and purpose and you don't need to change them because they work.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2011, 05:44:37 am »

Play a game of team vCoH, agreeing to no TOV units and no OF faction.

You'll realise just how wrong you are.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2011, 05:45:45 am »

i don't play vcoh
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2011, 05:46:24 am »

And that's the reason why you should stop arguing that vCoH balance is any good.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2011, 05:50:11 am »

And that's the reason why you should stop arguing that vCoH balance is any good.

i'm refering to eir pre-of balance
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2011, 05:51:07 am »

vEiR balance was soooo lulz it's not even funny.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2011, 05:52:22 am »

vEiR balance was soooo lulz it's not even funny.

at the end before the change to OF it was pretty much balanced,  there were maybe 2-3 OP things like Pershing obm and 5 offmap airbone which could be tweaked in a second , other than that it was good.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2011, 06:02:20 am »

Tank Reapers, Zeal-Ferocity, Subversion, OBM Pershings, vet 3 storms, Conviction, Raid Assault, Air Superiority, Dual Rocket Racks,

Tank Command's T4 (+3 pop per tank and 30 percent more pop in general.. start with 32 popcap, call in 3 M10s, have 44 popcap, call in 2 quads and a bike on top of that.

Need I continue?
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2011, 06:15:15 am »

Tank Reapers, Zeal-Ferocity, Subversion, OBM Pershings, vet 3 storms, Conviction, Raid Assault, Air Superiority, Dual Rocket Racks,

Tank Command's T4 (+3 pop per tank and 30 percent more pop in general.. start with 32 popcap, call in 3 M10s, have 44 popcap, call in 2 quads and a bike on top of that.

Need I continue?

tank reapers tweak stats in a second ,  zeal-ferocity subversion ok  ,  obm pershings i said already, vet 3 storms ok  , raid assault ok it lasted like 40 secs only , air superiority 5 offmaps which i said , dual rocket racks ok for the time back then , callie had a longer cooldown and different firing angle making it fire only in a straight line, very easy to dodge
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2011, 06:17:22 am »

Enough with the off-topic talk
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2011, 04:24:40 pm »

just played a game with volks spam and a doomfort my main gripe about it is the fact it 100% penetrstes a churchill
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc