Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:39:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WM] Volks spam  (Read 3255 times)
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« on: January 16, 2011, 03:36:37 pm »

Particularly referring to Defensive doctrine with grenades and fausts instead of blitz doctrine with assault grenades.

It's very easy to blob tons of these guys and give them all grenades and fausts because it's pretty cheap. I have had my successes and failures with massing volksgrens but I have found that I prefer grenadiers over them. I am just interested in starting a topic where the community can discuss volks and each player's strategy. I would also like to invite people to explain the reason why it's good or bad. Sure it depends on playstyle, but go ahead and voice your opinion.

In my opinion I find volks useful for storming and overwhelming enemy positions, but they're just too weak to stand up to rifle engagements or close quarters engagements against enemy infantry. The grenade is really the only weapon that allows for the rifle volks to have a fighting chance against infantry unless the player can constantly build trenches. Volks can be blobbed effectively and use the fausts to destroy enemy vehicles. They can also backcap and recrew support weapons.

VERDICT: I prefer grens because of the hp and ability to throw grenades without my investing in a tier 2 unlock. I also like the lmg for suppression of enemy infantry. I personally carry enough AT that I don't have to worry about needing a faust.

... i do buy some volks, but I equip them with mp40s and medkits and use them for assaulting in cqb.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 03:43:14 pm »

This is mainly because of 30 mu faust price. (+ def 20 mu nade makes it uber cheap for AT and AI with mu left for other things)  (60mu mp40 or assault nade allows you also to make whole volk company)

Remove faust from volks , give it to grens and up the price to 50.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:51:29 pm by nugnugx » Logged

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 03:50:13 pm »

Remove faust from volks , give it to grens and up the price to 50.
No, we're not giving fausts to grens.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 03:53:45 pm »

No, we're not giving fausts to grens.

Because they have shreck?  Allies have a choice of zooka or sticky(or at boys rifle) ,  and having faust on grens and not volks would limit the spam as you cannot spam as much grens as volks, volk users would significantly drop as you wouldn't be able to have anymore an allround purpose cheapskate unit.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 03:55:18 pm by nugnugx » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 03:55:38 pm »

Oh I'm sure you'd love schreck blobs with fausts.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 03:56:18 pm »

Doctrines can give rifles bazooka, the base rifle has grenade, sticky and bar upgrades available to it.

I'm not sure fausts would be such a awesome addition for grens.

Particularly referring to Defensive doctrine with grenades and fausts instead of blitz doctrine with assault grenades.

It's very easy to blob tons of these guys and give them all grenades and fausts because it's pretty cheap. I have had my successes and failures with massing volksgrens but I have found that I prefer grenadiers over them. I am just interested in starting a topic where the community can discuss volks and each player's strategy. I would also like to invite people to explain the reason why it's good or bad. Sure it depends on playstyle, but go ahead and voice your opinion.

In my opinion I find volks useful for storming and overwhelming enemy positions, but they're just too weak to stand up to rifle engagements or close quarters engagements against enemy infantry. The grenade is really the only weapon that allows for the rifle volks to have a fighting chance against infantry unless the player can constantly build trenches. Volks can be blobbed effectively and use the fausts to destroy enemy vehicles. They can also backcap and recrew support weapons.

I agree, volks with fausts and mg's are really deadly. I'm thinking it would be possible to run a very good volk spam company with officers and vet 2 volks, dual T3's top and middle. Vet 2 adds +1 faust use and 1.15 accuracy making your volks pretty accurate tagging along side a officer and they can get nades to protect themselves against aggressive infantry.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc