Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 11:27:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Units, Anyone?  (Read 4822 times)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: January 19, 2011, 01:14:45 am »

I laughed when I saw this. Having never played WoT, I don't know if they are actual ripped models, but still, what is this guy thinking?! Surely he can't have permission to do this?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/steel-torrent
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 01:23:00 am »

I know what tool he uses to do this, the tool can be used in any game, ANY models or decals e.t.c can be ripped..

But it is not allowed unless the developers allow so.

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 01:45:52 am »

fuck the developers this guy is awesome

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 01:47:11 am »

Yh this guy has no permission, could end seriously bad...

fuck the developers this guy is awesome

what deamon said Cheesy.

But seriosly the develpoers of world of tanks have probarly put in ALOT of effort to create these models. I know how much it would piss me off if someone stole half of my models. 
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 01:48:20 am »

Yh this guy has no permission, could end seriously bad...

what deamon said Cheesy.

But seriosly the develpoers of world of tanks have probarly put in ALOT of effort to create these models. I know how much it would piss me off if someone stole half of my models. 

why mad? Wouldn't that mean your models would be copycats worthwhile? That gives you more honour and credit that people actually like your models SO much that they want to steal 'em Grin

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 01:51:11 am »

you have a point, but its still ignorant to take without persmission and not give credit to the creator Cheesy
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 02:00:07 am »

you have a point, but its still ignorant to take without persmission and not give credit to the creator Cheesy

I think he gave credit for the creator by saying it is from there Grin
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 02:34:32 am »

Steal a model off Blizzard and wait for lawyers to arrive at your door in 5 mins!
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 02:42:50 am »

Who would want the ugly models from blizzard anyway... well the dragons are cool lol..

Anyway, some developers thinks its cool because as long as you give credit it helps advertising their product.. but if you do not.. They get mad.. =O
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 04:33:36 am »

I think he gave credit for the creator by saying it is from there Grin

i soppose so, but asking permission is always best. It would break the Exclusiveness of the model.

Say my ram MK2 went into EIR:R for the RCA doc, and OMG had the arrogance to rip it of EIR:R, but said "we ripped this model from the EIR:R mod and was made by Scotzmen" In all honesty i'd be pretty fucked off. Not only have they stolen a model i created without my permission, they have stolen that which i wish to remain within EIR:R to make this mad better Cheesy

I roughly sit on the fence with this really. 
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 08:53:42 am »

this chinese guy was also posting this stuff on relicnews. they were not amused.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 09:02:35 am »

Steal a model off Blizzard and wait for lawyers to arrive at your door in 5 mins!

Steal a entire IP from Gamesworkshop and start a company

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 09:27:18 am »

It's very simple, if its a copyrighted material they can prevent its use other than in their product unless the usage falls under special jurisdiction governed by law, for instance just like you can refer certain educational multimedia use acts on youtube and not have your leeched music blocked/disabled for your uploaded file. Thought whether or not your content falls under this can be dubious Youtube have to actually review it then (people's laziness is among the more useful things to take advantage of for professionals and big time corporations).

What response they give however dooesn't flatly rely on their rights it depends on how the owners view the usage.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:29:01 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 11:42:09 am »

My question is how the hell would they know that you took their models from the game and used it in an entirely different game let alone engine. Hell you could probably just change up a few things and call it your own. They would never know and now you have some cool models. It's not like you're making money from it and thats the only way I could see a problem with it. Then again how the hell would they know? Anyway, that railway gun needs to go into the terror doctrine for ultimate fear  Grin!
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 11:45:09 am »

i soppose so, but asking permission is always best. It would break the Exclusiveness of the model.

Say my ram MK2 went into EIR:R for the RCA doc, and OMG had the arrogance to rip it of EIR:R, but said "we ripped this model from the EIR:R mod and was made by Scotzmen" In all honesty i'd be pretty fucked off. Not only have they stolen a model i created without my permission, they have stolen that which i wish to remain within EIR:R to make this mad better Cheesy

I roughly sit on the fence with this really. 

Speaking of which, you still need to send me all the files needed for the job. Tongue

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 11:46:57 am »

Seriously, Jodomar... those models are so freaking basic. If you reskin it and alter the size of the muzzle break, for example, there's no way in hell you'd know it's the same.

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 11:47:51 am »

Speaking of which, you still need to send me all the files needed for the job. Tongue

theres a few screens in dropbox

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 11:54:23 am »

I would prefer to have a zipped copy of the files. Turns out that the Ram was never used in combat outside of a command tank role, so it's going to be hard to get a modder away from his own project to finish it up; considering that they are all "realism" guys and wont be interested in using it in their own mod. :/

Id have to spin it so that it can be used in an "invasion of london" type mod or something, but regardless, id like to have the files on hand to give to the guy should he says yes.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 11:57:25 am »

Seriously, Jodomar... those models are so freaking basic. If you reskin it and alter the size of the muzzle break, for example, there's no way in hell you'd know it's the same.
Theres always a smart guy to figure it sooner or later.

Then your reputation go DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 11:59:47 am »

I would prefer to have a zipped copy of the files. Turns out that the Ram was never used in combat outside of a command tank role, so it's going to be hard to get a modder away from his own project to finish it up; considering that they are all "realism" guys and wont be interested in using it in their own mod. :/

Id have to spin it so that it can be used in an "invasion of london" type mod or something, but regardless, id like to have the files on hand to give to the guy should he says yes.
what files we still need
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc