Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 03:21:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to my Bazooka?  (Read 4084 times)
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« on: February 01, 2011, 12:16:26 am »

Might need to go into the balance section, or maybe not, depending on how far this topic reaches.

Alright, to the point. (I'm no Balance tester, so if I make a mistake, feel free to prove me wrong or add additional info) ( I don't even know if this is a rant, but I really feel something is wrong with the Bazooka)

I've heard quite a few people say that EiR:R Bazookas currently have worse stats than Vcoh, leaving them practically useless and even heard these said people saying that the Bazooka is a pile of shit now. (1st Question) Are the stats actually different? I had no problem whatsoever with the Tank Reaper nerf reducing the increased damage/accuracy/penetration for the Bazookas making them slightly harder to use correctly, but can someone explain to me exactly how the Bazooka by itself needed to be toned down if it was? I can understand saying that Ranger blobs would Fireup past HMGs, kill tanks in 1 or so salvo, but bringing up that argument, where are the hardcaps needed for these specific units?

I can safely assume some of you would state that Bazookas are mainly for vehicles, IE mostly Panzer Elite (Aren't there more Wehr players anyways though?), but with most games I see today, people pick the IST to cover their AT HT's and unless the ISTs owner can't play CoH worth his life, my Zook will barely do any damage on the front shot (Which is expected) but atleast before I could ward it off with one salvo of a squad instead of having it sitting there laughing while it gibs my Ranger squad within 2 or 3 shots. If I were to bring in an ATGs instead of a Ranger Squad, more than 50% of the games I have played and viewed, the IST kills the ATG by circlestrafing.

With Ranger support to the ATG, I could maybe kill it getting two shots of with AP rounds before it circle strafes killing the Rangers and then the ATG, maybe get lucky and get some rear armor shots off with the bazooka, but now I'm really considering dropping Bazookas altogether because I have found very little use for them nowadays.

Am I doing something wrong with my Bazookas? Or are they really just that worthless?

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 12:23:35 am »

ive never seen any changelogs changing the bazooka. its meant and always has been, to be used on the rear. lionel will know it has some crazy damage when oyu hit a tank in its rear with a bazooka

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 12:28:14 am »

hey i just looked for any bazooka changelogs. nothing
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 12:30:51 am »

hey i just looked for any bazooka changelogs. nothing

Check the last patch log. We nerfed the bonuses that TR gave to zooks to +15% dmg/acc./penetration instead of the old +33% acc. +25% pen. +20% dmg blanket buff to all US AT.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 12:30:59 am »

u have 10 pop dedicated AI tank,what is wrong with him to be able to take atg and zooks rangers(which are rly not at). IST and marder are 16pop,that's 2 atg's and rangers or sherman and atg,guess who wins? only thing that bazookas will suck against PE is IST ,everything else(non doctorinal) dies in like 2 salvos usually. and IST only becomes rly good with SE T3.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 12:32:04 am »

Groundfire, he was talking about un-doctrinated bazookas. i know TR was nerfed.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 12:35:26 am »

Theory crafting by saying that every HT has an IST next to it is unrealistic, if so, why don't you have an ATG supporting every ranger squad? =p.

There are probably the same, if not more PE players than Wehr at the moment, and balancing on such a fact would be trivial.

With zooks currently being on Elite Infantry with fire up at 310mp and 80mu is already extremely cheap. One shrek on any Axis squad is at least 120mu, RR's being 180. Zooks are already powerful against vehicles and with the old TR, they were able to take down tanks quite efficiently. This would be okay if the mu cost was increased significantly, but I mean, if you look at it now, you could probably field close to 20 ranger squads with zooks, which would be incredible with +33% pen and damage. Rangers as they are are decent AI, give them a grenade and they'd be even better.

Rangers are always good to field and keep to support an ATG from units like IST's, (which are extremely hard counters to rangers, so bad to balance against!), and in groups of two they can be used well to annihilate everything in the PE army with the exception of a Panther and IST.

Try running all your rangers with zooks and grenades, using them in green cover as much as possible to recieve the doctrinal accuracy buffs.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 12:47:19 am »

Rangers are always good to field and keep to support an ATG from units like IST's, (which are extremely hard counters to rangers, so bad to balance against!), and in groups of two they can be used well to annihilate everything in the PE army with the exception of a Panther and IST.

Just to correct a little, IST's are hard counters to anything moving on 2 legs, and pretty good against light vehicles.

Zooks have insane damage, but low pen. If you can get a shot in from the rear go for it, otherwise zooks are handy for keeping your atgs safe from pesky light vehicles.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 01:29:50 am »

Check the last patch log. We nerfed the bonuses that TR gave to zooks to +15% dmg/acc./penetration instead of the old +33% acc. +25% pen. +20% dmg blanket buff to all US AT.

Could you fix it in the launcher? It's still at the old stats.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 05:04:22 am »

The base Bazooka has not been touched.

Carry on.

WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 05:49:11 pm »

The base Bazooka has not been touched.

Carry on.

Then why does it seem so much weaker? >.<

Oh well.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 07:20:45 pm »

Oh well.

Don't shoot at front armor?

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 07:26:10 pm »

Oh well.

because in comparison to the spam of long range AT lately, they pale in comparison

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc